style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a visit from the bailiff for my council tax this morning and have agreed to set up a DD of £30 per week, till it is clear. Apparently he needs to come back and fill in a direct debit mandate form and a removal of goods form next week, does he need to come in my house, or can I refuse entry. I was thinking of phoning and giving details over the phone and telling them I started my job earlier than expected

Any advice will be a help, Thanks

I have had a visit from the bailiff for my council tax this morning and have agreed to set up a DD of £30 per week, till it is clear. Apparently he needs to come back and fill in a direct debit mandate form and a removal of goods form next week, does he need to come in my house, or can I refuse entry. I was thinking of phoning and giving details over the phone and telling them I started my job earlier than expected

Any advice will be a help, Thanks

He wants to come back and make a levy on your goods so if you default on payment they can then charge you extra. Please be aware they will make sure you default somewhere along the line therefore adding what could be the start of £100's to your account. You have already incurred some fees already. As long as he fails to levy on your goods he can charge a 1st Visit Fee of £24-50, next time he comes and he gets the same result then he can charge a 2nd Visit Fee of £18-00, no matter how many more times he comes he can charge no more providing he does not make a levy on any of your goods.

You can make payment direct to the Council regardless of what they say, but you will need to budget for the Bailiff fees as they are usually taken first before any monies are deducted from your debt. For further responses click on the blackm triangle and ask to be moved to the Bailiff forum.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]