duncton car finance - sure i'm being short changed here?

Bandit1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm going through an very similar experience with Duncton. In May I bought a car through a private car dealer. My finance was with Duncton but i went through the credit brokers whatcarcredit.com.

I paid £2600 upfront & got finance for £6250. After a month the first payment went through, yet a day later I was pulled over by the police & told the car was reported stolen that morning !

I was arrested & spent a total of 8 hours in a police cell before being questioned. My car was taken to a police compound. It turns out my application for finance was fraudulently submitted due to a driving endorsement on my license. I submitted everything correctly in my application, but it turns out that my license was submitted to Duncton with the endorsement missing ! I was bailed & police came to my house to see the e-mails I presented to the broker with all the correct information on.

Fortunately my bail has been cancelled because the police are investigating other areas, but I am still without my car 3 weeks down the line. I have tried my utmost to be helpful & co-operative throughout the last few weeks to resolve the situation but they've just simply haven't played ball.

The result is they will no longer continue the agreement & my only 2 options are if a) they sell the car & they will send me the balance if anything is left after they've had their share (highly unlikely !) or b) They will give me a settlement figure to own the car outright. That settlement figure is £7043 !!! Bearing in mind I have already paid £220.53 on a loan of £6250, I struggle to see where they can find £1000 in 2months !!!

I am seeking legal advice on the matter & it looks like that with regards to getting my money back, Duncton are pretty much untouchable but I should be able to claim back fully all monies paid from the broker. I just wanted to let people know though of Duncton's dreadful customer relations & seriously warn anyone not to go near them with a barge pole such is their bad practice.