• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Demonsterfying Bank Branch Staff- The Positive Side

Guest NATTIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read many threads in which I have heard people say that they think their branch staff are nice and friendly, so I thought I would try and start a thread that people could post with (any) positive things that you can say about your local branch or the branch you use regularly.

This is not a thread that I am looking for any argument or fight about legality of bank charges. This is just something for people to post positive things on about branch staff they deal with face to face.

I have to say that I post this with hope that people will say positive things and hope that it doesn't start a negative one, I'm sure if you want to start one on here you can and it may get many more posts than this one and please can we try not to use the positive sarcasm of "x bank pay up quickly" or "paid for my x, y or z"

If you want to argue or you have no positive thoughts to say the please feel free to start a thread on how you hate/dislike Bank staff or simply not post at all on this particular thread.

Thanks everyone and I sincerely hope that this doesn't start an argument because it does not help anyone. I will only post once.

For what its worth I don't think that Bank Workers are monsters.

Hello, I get on well with all the bank staff at the places I go to, they have a sense of humour but, I find you get back what you give.

I have accounts at

The Bradford and Bingley

The halifax (see below)

and

Natwest, (the front desk can't help enough)

Saxon

Hi nwsm!

To be fair, most of you are great people, caught up in a see of red tape and rhetoric that monetary institutes have always wallowed in.

I think that the customer service "tag" employed by many companies, not only banks, is just a veiled attempt to mask tighter budgets and to appease shareholders/the boardroom. Perception is EVERYTHING, right? :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

The staff at my local HSBC are fantastic. They try to help as much as possible, but often find their hands are tied.

A lot of banks are now merely "outlets" with few if any powers.

Be NICE to staff, but the institutions are a different matter, as my username suggests!

I did say I would post once but hey, in my opinion, some of the nicest things people say is Thank you and say that they have had an issue in that past and that you have been the only one who has taken the time to deal with it.

Let's just keep this positive.

I bank with Nationwide. In every branch I have visited, both small local and large City Centre, I have found the staff to be excellent. They seem to value their customers more as they are a mutual not a PLC.

I used to bank with HSBC and got 0.1% interest and terrible call centre service (India ?) As a PLC, I was just their money making machine. In the end I reclaimed my charges and moved accounts earlier this year.

I have had the Nationwide account for over 4 years and now my salary gets paid in there I get about 3.8% net interest plus an Internet account payinig similar. I wish I did it years ago. They did all my transfer and there were no problems.

I look at the HSBC forums and think.. "Have Successfully Beaten Charges (HSBC)."

I am honestly surprised at how many Nationwide complaints there are because I find them totally different to HSBC.

Well Done Nationwide !

Been through the system. Keep going... it works !

I think the staff in my local HSBC have been more than helpful in the past!

So is there somewhere where we can say about the not so good staff then?

Woolwich you know who you are!!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

After all the cheek and contempt i received from the multitude that work in the BOS, I opened a parachute with the Woolwich. Small branch with about 3 tellers in all. The 3 of them are v nice (lol) and have went out of their way to help. What a difference.

Took my jacket off when i went into BOS, :o put it back on and buttoned it up when i went into the Woolwich. (had my CAG t shirt on. "I took my bank to court to reclaim my penalty charges" on the back "and they paid for this t-shirt").

It was such a giggle.

Sorry to disagree with you alyxsavage, but then again i've been a v good girl with my woolwich account, and v bad girl with the BOS.:D

I've always found the counter staff at my local NatWest and Barclays v.helpful. We should remember that these poor guys and gals are doin their best...we should always be nice to them, after all they are just trying to earn a wage like the rest of us. Its not their fault they say some of the things they do...they are being told what to do by the powers up high and risk being fired if they speak out...

NatWest:

**£466.28 Settled In Full 21/08/06**

Halifax:

**Full settlement of £107.52 offerd and accepted 25/10/06**

GE Money:

**£48 settled In Full 19/09/06**

Barclays Bank:

**Full settlement of £90 offered and accepted on 24/10/06**

Alliance & Leicester:

**£170 Refunded In Full 17/09/07 (Charges due to bank error but still had to fight them for almost 3 weeks to get back)**

"Thin-de le'hasuan 'aloun'myin-del bpi-de gka-de hasou-de paya"

"Learn the gifts of all sights, or finish in the dance of the fallen gods."

Well, all my HSBC counter staff in the 3 branches I use most often are extrmely helpful, friendly and kind. I have no problem at all discussing matters with them, in the past when we've needed help they're been very sympathetic. it's when things get passed out of branch that the trouble starts.

The people I have the biggest problem with are those arrogant, ignorant bastards in India. I point blankly refuse to discuss my financial affairs with someone who doesn't know anything about the way of life in this country.

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

14/09/06 - Prelim letter sent

15/09/06 - Prelim letters received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

29/09/06- LBA Sent

02/10/06 - LBA's received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

13/10/06 - Received part offer - rejected

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

What is the point of this thread?

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

8/8/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

28/09/06 Prelim sent

18/09/07 Claim filed at court

Read my first post on the thread and then you will find out rather than asking a question already answered. sorry to interrupt the positive vibes

My bank staff are helpful, but god damm there nosey

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

lady in the natwest was great today, even advising me on the children's act regarding bullying of my daughter and cancelling my advantage blue on my new step account.

Smile were great recently, I have got my charges back and they have increased my overdraft without me actually asking and kept it interest free for another year at least.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Each bank i go into (whether mine oc clients) are lovely. They are after all workiers like us and have bad days, however i have rarely seen a member of staff being rude etc. Like all memebers of staff they work for a living...its the bosses that are rude arrogant etc. Cos they get more money for less hours they think theya re above reprimand. Little story friend owns med size company and went in for review. Met with new bank manager Bout 24 spotty and arrogant. Never offered coffee, no manners and went on to tell friend how to run his business more efficiently. What friend didnt tell him was he had cheque to be paid in which covered all OD, and enough for 12 months wages (due to major client paying what was owed). He then asked for free banking and was practically told to s** off. So he proceeded to tell manager what his plans were to pay cheque in (showed him). Manager fell over himself to keep account, offered free banking (as opposition is offering it presently) and even made the coffee. Money went in cleared and was then withdrawn to go to new bank. Letter sent to area manager of bank with regards to his staffs attitude and the consequences. He has since got back his fees paid over last 6 yrs of running business account and has free banking....dont you love the power of money lol. Oh and the spotty school leaver last seen signing on!!

All advice :p is given purely from personal experiences :mad: . If you are in doubt you should always seek legal / financial advice;) .

If i have helped in any way please let me know via personal message, IM in aol or clicking on my scales :D go on you know you want to really!!

Halifax Claim

Data Protection Act: 20/06/06,

LBA: 11/07/06,

N1: 7/8/06,

Paid in full 25/8/06

Swift Claim

Data Protection Act: 5/8/06,

Request for Payment 19/8/06,

LBA 4/9/06

Sod off response with paltry offer (accepted as part payment) 22/09/06

N1 filed 25/09/06, deemed served 11/10/06

No part payment recieved to date

GMAC Claim

Data Protection Act 21/08/06

Request for Payment 11/09/06

LBA 25/09/06

N1 Filed 11/10/06, deemed served 19/10/06

Welcome

Data Protection Act 11/09/06

Generally, I find most front line bank staff quite friendly and helpful (You get the odd one having a bad day) My main bank is the Halifax who's staff I feel sorry for. Head office bring in rules such as no counter withdrawells for under £300 and expect thier staff to take the flack. I think it's time to put these head office needle dicks into the line of fire. I think it might make them appreciate thier staff more.

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Read my first post on the thread and then you will find out rather than asking a question already answered. sorry to interrupt the positive vibes

Post started on the 15th September. 387 view, 17 replies.

Point made.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

Andrew this thread has been more popular than the one about whether the standard things in letters have been "normal" so that is fairly positive from my perspective. By having to restrain myself I am not helping this site because this thread is about postive things and I am disappointed that we have to descend into this. I will ask this thread to be closed if you feel that we cannot be positive but if you wish it to happen I am happy to PM a Mod and closee it down. If you want to post on the negative side then I have a thread for that as well which i have yet to see your post. Please be positive because both myself and yourself will waste time on replying to each other rather than helping others.

... but what is actually to be gained by this thread? what will the outcome be? who will benefit from it, or the negative one for that matter?

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

I very rarely post personal things on here but I have had a really difficult week for various reasons, and yet when someone asks what's the point of this thread, I just want to go because I want more Bank Workers who have a view to help this site and not feel as though a site that deals with charges will savage them. I want more info posted on here, I still have more that will come onto this site in the coming days. I may have to delay that because what's the point of me posting constructively on a thread or encouraging ppl to be postive. I'm sorry to those who are offended by the "enemies" BW's positive approach and I will not be posting futher on this thread because what's the point. Posts x amount views a lot higher, in fact what's the point of my name my life my existance and my posts. "positve things happen to postive people"

I won't be posting further on any threads this evening so if anthing is urgent use Private Messaging (PM)

... but what is actually to be gained by this thread? what will the outcome be? who will benefit from it, or the negative one for that matter?

Bank staff are human beings too, they have to work to feed the kids too, and love them or hate them this world we line in requires banks along with the employees they hire.

nwsm is an excellent example of one such person who is trying to help best he can.... how may posts have you made Andrew? Have you taken the time to look at the Enormous contribution nwsm has made? Dont think so, else you would have not been so hurtful as you have been. If you wish to make a difference, help others to win back unlawful charges, dont attack very helpful posters such as natty, who works in a bank.

No one has answered my question.

I dont hate anyone.

My posts were not meant to be hurtful.

And your post HBSCRUCHER is typical. 'how many posts have you made andrew?' I dont need to justify my existence and the site is designed to be used by everyone in a different way. In my community I have probably helped more people win back their charges than most on here.

My question is so simple, and yet people have read in to it as they please.

I think everyones time would be better spent helping those on the site that really need it rather than trying to be famous.

My last post on this thread.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES

1/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

HALIFAX

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

CAPITAL ONE

5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

NatWest

7/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL

ULSTER BANK

28/09/06 Prelim sent

Andrew I will answer your questions put.

WHY? Read post 1

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE THREAD? Post 1 and I add that i hope that other Bank Workers see the object of their anger those at the top not rank and file branch staff.

WHY DO I TAKE OFFENCE? You did not read the first post, and you posted a what is the point of this thread rather than simply move on, which I do when I think the same. The second post you made went on views and post count, which I also stated that I was happy with. I am a simple person Andrew who seeks not fame and fortune but to actually post information which will help people win. Please do your research before you post, I did mine on you yesterday to see whether it was a bad day for you or whether this is the tone you give in your posts. You caught me on a bad day yesterday but it riles me having to waste a thread on this. BE POSITIVE ON THIS THREAD OR MOVE ON TO THE NEGATIVE THREAD WHERE YOU CAN VENT ANGER ON BANKS.

I hope ppl can just move on and bring this thread back to where it needs to be and what the thread is about or else I will ask that this thread be closed and only leave a negative thread open.