Carpenters Solicitors - Birkenhead

dee_fordog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Thank you dee-fordog

I have a similar problem.

I had an accident Dec 21-09. My insurance referred my claim case to Carpenters Solicitors. I went through all what they required me to do.

I call them, but they never return my calls. When I happen to get hold of someone they promise to get my file out and call back, this never happens.

I have written to them with no response, I have tried so many times that I have now incurred high costs of telephone and mobile phone bills.

I suffered physically and psychologically. I am still on analgesics on and off.I have been waiting and been ignored for over one year and six months. They completely make a fool out of you.

Where can I report my case.

Please help.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with Carpenters.

We do have a complaints process and would be happy to look into the issues you have had with a view to resolving urgently. We would recommend that you request a copy of our complaints process and we will deal very quickly. The process itself and the contact details are contained also in the initial letter sent out to all clients.

Alternatively please forward your case details together with your complaint to enquiries(at)carpenters-law.co.uk. Our aim is to provide the highest standards of client care and am sure your issues can be resolved quickly. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Regrettably without contact details, we are unable to identify and contact you at this stage and are keen to do so.

• 1 month later...

we to have ,sorry are having the same problems with carpenters solicitors ,

following an accident in july

,which was a clear cut case of the other party being at fault ,they (carpenters) were appointed for us ,

after a great start ,it has come to nothing

,we now are chasing them almost daily ,

and as the other person has said

,it seems to fall on deaf ears ,,

we wonder if someone else could take the case over ??

can,t be any worse off !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't use this company. Where do I start.......they don't reply to e-mails or answer phone messages, the receptionist can't work out how to transfer the phone and to top it all off, they don't seem that bothered.

I never usually post on these sites but felt that I had to because Carpenters where that bad!!!!! 0/10

• 2 months later...

I have a case with them currently and they only seem interested in lining their own pockets and trying to pressurise into a very low and premature settlement before my injuries are cleared up.

Once again,

they were the recommended firm appointed by the legal cover of my motor premium.

Their rates are eye-watering - £275 per hour plus VAT (subject to a minimum billable sum of £2700 + VAT) and the case handler seems to know a lot less about the law and how to structure a complete and concise report than I do.

Perhaps I am in the wrong job,

earning approximately £14 per hour.

I suspect the legal cover get a sizeable lumper everytime Carpenters is used.

2 months after the non fault motor accident I had

(I was hit by a third party, they immediately accepted liability),

a medical examination was arranged.

I had been expressly told to tell everything that happened, symptoms etc.

8 mins into the appointment I am hurried out of the door

- obviously my allocated time was up,

but not everything was said,

and much of what was said was not included in their report.

I contacted Carpenters immediately upon receipt of report to mention all of the omissions so that perhaps they could get it amended.

Heard nothing back for 2 months.

They have tried to apply pressure to accept a derisory offer which is approximately half of what they expect to receive for only a handful of letters sent and arrangement of the sub-standard medical examination, before I am anywhere close to recovery.

Their focus appears to be to screw the 3rd party for themselves and their own client's welfare seems to come a very distant second to that.

They would rather get £3k now for themselves with a few hours work and get me £1500 before I am recovered rather than take 6 months to a year for me to maybe be fully recovered and to receive compensation which relates to injuries sustained and endured over a period and make them work a full 10 hours for their £3k.

How I wish i'd avoided them and appointed someone else.

Legal cover for car insurance seems to me like a waste of £20 per year.

If you're at fault they do nothing for you (fair enough),

but when you are not at fault,

they seem to provide the same service a no-win-no-fee place would charge you nothing for (and would probably do a better job of it, seeing as they have to do a good job to get paid

- Carpenters terms state that someone will be liable to pay them no matter the outcome).

• 5 weeks later...

I have just been involved in accident last sunday n Cardiff on 01/04 (no jokes please!).

I reported the accident to what I thought was my insurance company,

Octagon,

but I think it is a claims handling firm based in Birkenhead.

I know this because I recognised the accent of the guy who I was dealing with and he told me he was in Birkenhead where I was born.

Magically on Wednesaday I receive a letter from Carpenters in Birkenhead making a claim against me from a young boy who was a passenger in the other vehicle.

Now I ask myself how does a 12 year old boy living in Cardiff manage to instruct a solicitor in Birkenhead.

Could it possibly they were given my details by my own claims handlers to make a claim against me??

It seems very suspicious to me and I intend to investigate.

Does anyone know if they have passed on my details would be in breach of Data Protection law or do I have any recourse if they are not acting in my best interest?

Firstly,

do you know if Octagon is part of a group of companies affiliated with Carpenters?

Whether your insurance company has admitted liability for your actions will have a great bearing on your case,

if they have then they will get a brief statement of what your version of events is and probably won’t involve you any further in the process.

Did you report to Octagon as you would normally contact your insurance company purely to report what happened or to make a claim against the other party?

The Birkenhead thing might be a huge coincidence

– I live in Newcastle,

and have a Highway/LV policy via a broker

and the legal cover use Carpenters Solicitors,

so location of the claimant may be irrelevant, it may have more to do with who their insurance company is.

If the use of Carpenters is purely coincidental then their party may have contacted your insurance company to obtain your details.

Has the other driver made a claim in addition to this 12 year old boy?

I do not see anything wrong in Carpenters obtaining your details from your insurance company

– you are obliged to pass your insurance details to the third party by law and they may then choose to pass them onto their appointed solicitors.

If the solicitors were swapping client privileged information between the 2 sides then that would be another matter.

Were you aware whether this 12 year old boy was a passenger in the other car involved at the time of the accident,

whether he was a front seat or back seat passenger, whether he had a seatbelt on etc?

There have been incidents involving ringers where fictitious passengers have been added in later, all to make a claim.

If you are deemed to be at fault I suspect your company would roll over straight away with a non-medical offer of about £750 which someone who hasn’t really suffered an injury would snap up straight away.

You have little protection in that case – your willingness to fight a case, particularly if your insurance company admits fault and what you may be able to testify to is irrelevant if your company wants to do to mitigate it’s losses and settle quickly.

If this kid (or their parent) is in it for a quick £750 then your insurance will probably pay out if the fault is deemed to be yours, without even insisting on any kind of examination.

Pre-medical examination payout is easy and quick money for someone that hasn’t suffered any appreciable injury that would warrant compensation.

I believe pre-medical payouts for car accidents should be outlawed.

These injury solicitors are out to line their own pockets as much as they are there to seek compensation for their clients, especially when the minimum payment for their services dwarves the compensation the client will receive.

They will take on a potentially bogus case for a quick £750 compensation payment without a second thought if it will make them a quick profit with very little input themselves.

A friend of mine recently fell asleep at the wheel and went into the back of a large articulated lorry going only a few mph less than him.

There was no appreciable collision, his car got wedged under the back end of the truck, the truck driver noticed there was a bit of a drag effect going on and pulled into the hard shoulder.

The truck driver got out and was astonished to find the car wedged into the back end of the truck.

No potential for injury to the truck driver at all.

My mate's old Mondeo was written off, he got his settlement towards a new car and about a month later he got a letter telling him that the other side's claim for whiplash had been settled with a £600 pre-medical offer.

Easy money for the truck driver and a nice little earner for the solicitors involved.

Well, what can I say?

I am having identical problems with Carpenters.

A clerk at carpenters advises you to settle even before your treatment has been completed.

The claim was not fully documented, as it seems a lot of expenses ignored and/or not detailed.

They say to reject settlement offer, and then detail exact same figure as a counter offer.

They are even claiming that the 3rd party is disputing documented treatment fees, is this allowable ?

Surely they are a legitimate and necessary expense, as dictated by the Doctor ?

I now have additional injuries that did not show until 4 months later and they are telling me to settle otherwise the court time will run out.

What court time, who made a time limit on an ongoing claim, even though the initial 3rd party offer was rejected ?

No real advice in my interest has been received from Carpenters.

Watch this space for further information.

I wish the legal part of my car insurance researched their approved solicitors better

Maybe they know what Carpenters are like and don’t care as long as the “referral fee” is big enough

In hindsight I’d have rather pursued this with a local firm that I could pop in on from time to time if I didn’t agree with their proposed course of action or if I felt things were moving too slowly

They seem to want to settle quickly and low – less chance of resistance from the 3rd party and they get their money quickly for very little work

6 months after my accident I’m still not right, but the derisory “offer” to the third party to settle that they tried to get me to accept 3 months ago was a joke

The 3rd party can dispute treatment fees, especially if they consider them frivolous and/or excessive, but if Carpenters have sanctioned these treatments then I would consider the risk of non-payment to be on their shoulders (unless they have some very dubious small-print that relieves them of their obligations to cover them)

As far as I am aware, if Carpenters appoint a Doctor to give you a medical examination and as a result that private practice recommend physio/chiropody or similar (and who wouldn’t – they’re out to line their pockets as much as the solicitors are), and then Carpenters authorise that treatment then that’s an expense Carpenters chase to reimburse themselves

You should not be liable for it

If on the other hand you went seeking private treatment (and paid up-front for it) that Carpenters didn’t authorise or that the medical examination provided (or your own GP) did not sanction then they may have a case for refusing to reimburse or pursue for cost recovery

The only time constraint against this case is to initiate a claim within 3 years of incident

I suspect each solicitor has a target time for settlement – the solicitors don’t want their time and money tied up in a single case too long before payout (especially if they’re waiting for reimbursements towards treatments they’ve paid out for)

Stick to your guns and don’t settle until you’ve alleviated yourself of all your symptoms, or have allowed yourself ample time to show if you’re going to have to live with them long term

If you’re not almost completely recovered after a year you should be chasing a sizeable sum for an injury you might have to live with for the rest of your life

There are certain details pertinent to my case that have been largely ignored by Carpenters – the angle at which my car was hit was unusual, making for an unusual pattern of injury, they have not bothered to get a professional opinion as to the speed of the collision based on damage to the car, even though I supplied them with extensive photos, they did not document all of my reported symptoms of injury in their report, then asked me to approve the contents so that it could be sent to the 3rd party – I refused to do it in it’s supplied form as I considered it incomplete

The report itself did not seem polished as you would expect from an institution with a billable rate of £275 per hour, it was of the quality I may have been capable of as a 17 year old A-level student, armed only with common sense, not an experienced and qualified solicitor

I think this thread shows that poor quality of service and being bullied into a premature and low settlement are common practice

I’m going to cancel legal cover on my next car renewal – I see no advantage in having it

A no-win-no-fee solicitor has far more motivation to act in its client’s interests as a means to get paid when you are a victim of a not-at-fault situation

• 1 month later...

I was involved in accident in Dec 2011 and was contacted shortly after by Carpenters and so were the other people that were in the car. Many calls were made by them until they had the Claims Notification Form and then nothing.

All contact has since been via the Physio and my treatment with them ended 7+ weeks ago but I was told I should make a full recovery within 2 months, pretty weird eh...

I was also told that Carpenters should be in touch in approx 3 weeks, still waiting. No one ever answers the phone, always voicemail which can't be getting picked up as no one ever replies. :???:

I have tracked down their non rip off number of anyone's interested, it's 01516373400 You still get a voicemail but at least it won't cost you a fortune and may even be free if like me you get free 01 numbers.

Another claimant was offered a sum but declined so was offered a lower sum and stupidly accepted it.

Question: If the insurance company aren't acting in your best interest and returning your calls can change to one that will? For all I know they're not interested so how do I know they're actually acting on my behalf?

Anyway, hopefully a few people will respond to this. :)

~Susie

Susie: If you've had physio, can I assume you and your co-claimants (passengers) have had medical reports, or did they go straight in with the physio? I had my medical approx 2 months after accident, then you should get another medical at the end of your "you should be recovered by" time period if you're still not right. Not sure why they'd offer a lower offer after the first one was turned down - was that a premedical offer?If you leave them to pursue elsewhere they'll chase you for their minimum £2700+VAT (or whatever it is right now). They're not no win-no fee - someone will pay it: the other side if they settle, the legal part of your insurance if it goes to court and you lose (unless you dispense with their services without proving they weren't acting in your best interests). Some may say then that there's no real motivation for them to do the best for you. They want a quick settlement as it doesn't affect what they get unless it goes to court etc. They may try to pressurise you into a low settlement so they can cash out ASAP.

• 1 month later...
Thank you dee-fordog

I have a similar problem.

I had an accident Dec 21-09. My insurance referred my claim case to Carpenters Solicitors. I went through all what they required me to do.

I call them, but they never return my calls. When I happen to get hold of someone they promise to get my file out and call back, this never happens.

I have written to them with no response, I have tried so many times that I have now incurred high costs of telephone and mobile phone bills.

I suffered physically and psychologically. I am still on analgesics on and off.I have been waiting and been ignored for over one year and six months. They completely make a fool out of you.

Where can I report my case.

Please help.

The company is clearly incompetent given the enormous number of complaints. I have also personally found it to be dishonest.

They send out threatening letters demanding money for personal injury claims without checking any of the facts or providing any evidence. This has even beenm done where no accident of any kind ever occurred.

All this does is to raise the cost of motor insurance for everybody.

If they send a threatening letter to you, when you have not had an accident DO NOT REPLY.

Contact your own insurer and take photographs of all aspects of your own vehicle to prove that there is no damage.

Then report them to the Legal Ombudsman.

When he gets enough reports of this [problem] he might even take action.

I had another medical 7 or 8 weeks ago that recommended further physio, and haven't heard a thing back from them since to discuss starting the physio or making appointments to do so. The medical expert that examined me hadn't been forwarded the notes from my previous medicals. This company clearly isn't working in the interests of its client (me). If my case ever went to court I haven't got much confidence that they'd do a good job of representing me. In the past the have omitted highly relevant details pertaining to my case on their assessment notes such as estimated speed of collision etc. For a billable rate of £275 an hour you expect a high level of competency and expertise - i've yet to see it from Carpenters.

The Legal Ombudsman has replied to say that he can only intervene where somebody is a customer of Carpenters. Clearly nobody who reads the threads here is going to consider that. But they are clearly taking on [problem]s for people who have not even had an accident lwet alone any injury.

Let us hope that the Web will starve them of business as they clearly deserve.

Bryan: Do you have a different issue to almost every other poster here? Most people here have been hit by a third party, have received an injury and have been forwarded to Carpenters as their legal representation to make an injury claim against that third party. As long as that injury is genuine then the "victim" has every right to pursue a claim for compensation and treatment costs. Most people here have found Carpenters to be performing poorly for them and so are venting their spleen.Am I right in thinking that you have been involved in an accident that Carpenters are claiming is your fault, or are claiming you were in an accident which you are denying any involvement? If I have got the "right end of the stick" (apologies if I haven't) then if you were in an accident and your insurance company has admitted liability then there is very little you can do about it, even if you don't think there was much scpoe for the other driver/passengers to have sustained injury. If you dispute the accident, either disagreeing that one even took place, or liability has not been determined then I think you need some legal representation of your own.The Ombudsman is there primarily to protect the interest of the clients of a solicitor e.g. Carpenters customers dissatisfied with the level of service. If you are the third party who is receiving letters threatening action or worse then you need to fight fire with fire. If you are denying an accident even took place you should be demanding proof of said accident from the other side which should include witness statements and/or photographic evidence of collision.Could you make it clear whether there was an accident and you're disputing the responsibility or whether you're disputing an accident even took place? Maybe a bit more help and advice could be given when the facts of your issue are known.

Carpenters seem to be utterly incompetent. They send threatening letters to people who have not even had an accident, demanding immediate payment. This means the expense of photographing your vehicle to prove that it has not had an accident. What can be done to stop them?

If you are making a claim for personal injury your insurance compamny will try to push you towards a company like Carpenters not on the basis of their performance on legal cases but because of the size of the fee that they will pay to your insurance company to get the business. Beware that Carpeneters can easily use up the full limit of your legal cover before completing a case. Then they will be on to you to claim more money from the injured party. If you do not pay they will dump you. It is much better to decline legal motor insurance cover and be free to choose your own adviser. The whole thing is a rip-off to motorists and enables incompetent firms to keep going.

Carpenters seem to be utterly incompetent. They send threatening letters to people who have not even had an accident, demanding immediate payment. This means the expense of photographing your vehicle to prove that it has not had an accident. What can be done to stop them?

Taking a photo of your car to prove it isn't damaged proves nothing if there has been time to repair it between the date of the alleged accident and the date Carpenters contact you. In that situation I would put the onus on them to prove your involvement. If it came to that then I would imagine the Police would have paid you a visit to discuss an alleged failure to stop after an accident case. Perhaps there has genuinely been an accident involving another car that either has a cloned numberplate (same as yours) or someone has written down an incorrect plate and ended up with yours. If it comes down to them claiming you were in an accident that you know you or any other person with access to your car was not involved in I would tell them that they are harassing you and challenge them to forward you proof and speak to the Police about it.

If you are making a claim for personal injury your insurance compamny will try to push you towards a company like Carpenters not on the basis of their performance on legal cases but because of the size of the fee that they will pay to your insurance company to get the business. Beware that Carpeneters can easily use up the full limit of your legal cover before completing a case. Then they will be on to you to claim more money from the injured party. If you do not pay they will dump you. It is much better to decline legal motor insurance cover and be free to choose your own adviser. The whole thing is a rip-off to motorists and enables incompetent firms to keep going.

I totally agree. In hindsight I would have taken on a local "no win no fee" solicitor who have a real incentive to serve their customer properly in order to get paid. As far as I am aware, all Carpenters fees stacking up have to be met by the third party unless they lose the case. If they lose the case or the judge (if it goes to court) decides the fees are outrageous/frivolous then the legal cover has to pay. I am unsure of the limits to my legal cover in this situation.

Police in London are completely uninterested in helping with anything of this kind. They prefer to spend their time on easy wins such as setting speed traps or accusing motorists of driving in bus lanes. You can even see them coaching young recruits in the right kind of lie to use when a motorist disagrees with them. I have even been stopped when another driver, a French woman with a notorious accident record ran into my car and drove off without givng her insurance details but then reported me for not stopping.

Fortunately the District Judge understood French very well and she was unwise enough to make rude remarks in French. I need hardly add that her husband was a rich banker and that the Midland bank paid for solicitors, barristers, photographers and interpreters and to fly her back for the case. To no avail.

Fortunately there was no personal injury and the faulty driving was clear to all. If your damages amount to less than £5,000 I would advise taking the matter yourself to the local County Court and obtaining written evidence of your injury from your general practitioner. The DIY approach will certainly work better than getting enmeshed with a firm like Carpenters of Birkenhead. You can do this at any stage by simply asking Carpenters to send you all the case materials and writing to the other party to say that you will file papers at the County Court if you do not receive an amount which you should be able to justify as genuine extra expenses within 7 days.

In my case this was a deliberate [problem] by a mugger, who approached my vehicle and failing to get money from me made completely untrue and false allegations. Unfortunately the police hand over insurance details without any proof that an accident has ocurred, which in this case it had not.

Judges invariably reduce the legal fees of firms like Carpenters in cases like this, even if you are succesful. They are well aware that most solicitors working this particular trade inflate their fees. If the total amount exceeds the legal cover provided in your policy, which happens quite frequenetly, you will be expected to pay up the difference.

This is what the Mail on Sunday has reported.

"A management company that acts for motorists involved in accidents is still advising callers to make bogus injury claims despite last week’s Government pledge to clamp down on fraudulent whiplash cases. A saleswoman at the company told a reporter posing as a motorist hit by another car that he should submit a claim even though he told her he had suffered no pain.

The employee at Legend Claims, in Keighley, West Yorkshire, who called herself Shaz, spoke to the Mail on Sunday reporter on Thursday, a day after Transport Secretary Justine Greening held a summit with insurance firm bosses on stamping out fake whiplash cases.

Bogus claims cost the insurance industry £2 billion a year and have raised the annual insurance premium for every motorist by £90.

From 2005 to 2010, whiplash claims soared by 70 per cent, even though road traffic accidents fell by 23 per cent.

Legend Claims is known as a claims management company (CMC), which makes part of its profits by referring motorists with personal injury insurance claims to no-win, no-fee law firms.

The Mail on Sunday approached Legend Claims after receiving a tip-off claiming that the company was handling a high number of suspicious whiplash cases.

We approached five other CMCs and law firms we were told were involved in similar claims.

The reporter told all the firms the same story, that he had been hit in the rear at low speed by another car while his vehicle was stationary, leaving a small dent in his bumper but no injuries to himself.

The five other companies refused to submit a whiplash claim and Shaz at Legend Claims also gave the same advice initially. But when the reporter said he still wanted to make a claim, Shaz replied: ‘Then you might as well, because at the end of the day, you might as well.’

She later advised the reporter that he can hope to receive £2,000 to £3,500 for a whiplash claim.

Legend Claims owner Shafiq Ahmed said that Shaz, real name Shamiela Mahmood, had been dismissed and two other employees caught submitting fake whiplash cases were sacked. Yesterday Ms Mahmood said: ‘I was not authorised to handle the cases. Because you get referral fees from each claim, I thought I could get a bit as well. I accept what I did was wrong.’

Transport Secretary Miss Greening said: ‘The Mail on Sunday continues to do some excellent work to highlight the challenges around motor insurance costs.

‘I can assure your readers that we have already taken decisive action by reforming no-win, no-fee rules and cracking down on fraud.’

The Claims Management Regulator is investigating the case. He is now also investigating Carpenters.

Neither the Claims Management Regulator nor the Legal Ombudsman will protect motorists falsely accused of having accidents and causing imaginary whiplash. The photographer sent by insurers to take shots of undamaged cars that have not had accidents, says that he examines hundreds of such vehicles every week just in London, alone. Across the country there must be thousands of such false claims being pursued by No Win No Fee lawyers who have found clients who are prepared to invent or distort the facts in the hope of gaining a few thousand pounds.

It seems that Justine Greening the Trasport Secretary who believes that she is sorting this out has been misled by her Civil Servants. It is not even a criminal offence to make such fraudulent claims. All to the profit of people like Carpenters of Birkenhead. This fraudulent activity of course must also make things much more difficult for genuine claimants.

• 3 months later...

we have just had a accident were the 3rd party hit us from behind,she has already admitted liabilitty and her insurance company have already said theyre coming to pick our car up for inspection on tuesday, carpenters solicitors have made plenty of "friendly" contact by phone and said they are sending paperwork to us to be signed and posted back, these have not been recieved yet so my question is, can i refuse to sign and use my own family solicitor

Your insurance company may refuse to pay your legal coss if you use a lawyer that they have not approved and is not paying them a commission to get the business. Some of these lawyers are so inefficient and send out so many letters that they will use up the total fee before a Court Case. Then they will dump you on your own to prosecute the case. As the other party`s insurer will have immediately cancelled their no claim bonus, they may counter-claim for the costs of this.

If you lose this case do you think that a firm like Carpenters of Birkenhead will repay your losses?

Your insurance company may refuse to pay your legal coss if you use a lawyer that they have not approved and is not paying them commission to get the business. Some of these lawyers are so inefficient and send out so many letters that they will use up the total fee before a Court Case. Then they will dump you on your own to prosecute the case. As the other party`s insurer will have immediately cancelled their no claim bonus, they may counter-claim for the costs of this.

If you lose this case do you think that a firm like Carpenters of Birkenhead will repay your losses?

There has been a huge increase in whiplash claims during 2012 despite the fact that accidents have reduced as people are driving less in the recession, Many of these claims are fraudulent. They are taken on by firms like Carpenters of Birkenhead and Ashfords of Exeter that are unable to get enough proper work, on a No Win No Fee basis. This raises the cost of motor insurance for everyone, by an estimated £100.

In the Karachi Sting, four people usually from a single family and the same religion cruise around cities in a batterred old car, looking for victims, which will be a single driver ideally with a car with a scratched or batterred front. Sometimes they do not even bother to reverse their car into yours before filing a fraudul;ent claim.

There has been a huge increase in whiplash claims during 2012 despite the fact that accidents have reduced as people are driving less in the recession, Many of these claims are fraudulent. They are taken on by firms like Carpenters of Birkenhead and Ashfords of Exeter that are unable to get enough proper work, on a No Win No Fee basis. This raises the cost of motor insurance for everyone, by an estimated £100.

In the Karachi Sting, four people usually from a single family and the same religion cruise around cities in a batterred old car, looking for victims, which will be a single driver ideally with a car with a scratched or batterred front. Sometimes they do not even bother to reverse their car into yours before filing a fraudul;ent claim.

but surely our insurers have nothing to do with it,the woman who hit us has admitted liability already,her insurers contacted us saying they will come on tues to pick our car up for inspection and give us a courtesy car whilst this is happening,im thinking that when our insurers contacted the other womans insurers they then contacted carpenters solicitors to act on our behalf reguarding our whiplash claims,but after seeing all the bad history the company has id sooner use my own family solicitors and also the 3rd partys insurers also contacted us saying dont use any other company as they will deal with any compensation without the need for us to go to anyone else???

Deal directly with the 3rd party insurers and cut out all the middle men. You only need a quotation from a repair garage and if you have whiplash a signed letter from your GP and an estimate for physio charges.

It will be much quicker if the 3rd party has accepted liability. It sounds as though Carpenters will only slow things up and raise everyone`s insurance costs. .

• 2 months later...

I used to work for Helphire back in 2009, and Carpenters were useless then (at least a complaint a day) Now I had an accident back In November. I had legal cover provided by Tesco Legal Guard via a Tesco insurance policy. They appointed Carpenters to act. I was dubious when they said they would appoint carpenters. To my surprise, they called me the same day, but then, that was it, heard nothing from them. Chased my insurers weekly, they attempted contact to them. Wrote a written complaint to them 08/12 via e-mail, still nothing. Chase my insurers to get in contact as I kept having the same answers, i.e. no handler appointed, no one available to take my call etc. So, the final straw was on Christmas eve. Still nothing when I called them, so I spoke to my insurers told them I wanted nothing else to do with them and that they are so incomprehensibly useless. I then made a complaint to the Legal ombudsman. I instructed my own solicitor Leech & Co, and well, they just put carpenters to shame. However on 27/12, I got paper work and phone calls from carpenters and thier medical experts, well, at this point I told them that I no longer wanted anything to do with them and I reiterated this to tesco, but all of a sudden, carpenters didn't want to stop. They have now submitted a claim to the third party insurers, without my consent or me signing and returning their forms. I have e-mailed them twice, advising them that the legal ombudsman is involved and yet they just don't seem to care. I am not willing to take this lying down and neither should you. Once you have made a written complaint to carpenters, also call the legal ombudsman. They will advise you that they will have 8 working weeks to respond or rectify your complaint, but, if they respond and the resolutions isn't satisfactory or if there is a stalemate, then they will act sooner.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks