Help Parking Ticket!! Advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

New to the forum here. On the 2nd May 2011 (Bank Holiday) was shopping with the Mrs in Aldi. Returning to my car I find a Parking Charge Notice on my vehicle on a bank Holiday! 40quid Fuming as you can imagine.

1. The Parking Charge Notice is from UKPC saying the following contravention is: Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and displace ticket.

2. Then a Month Later I recieve a letter on 2nd June 2011 from ANOTHER Company called Parking Collection Services. Notice to owner FINAL REMINDER. It states: On the date that the parking charge notice was issued, you were the registered keeper. The parking charge notice was issued to the driver of the vehicle because the vehicle was allegedly involved in the following parking contravention: No Valid Pay & Display ticket. Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket.

Then it goes on to say The driver was allowed 14 days to pay a discounted. Any sum already paid, was recieved outside the discounted period. It is now too late to pay the discounted rate. Failure to pay the increased amount or make representation withing 14 days of this reminder will result in our client forwarding the outstanding amount to a debt recovery agency where you may incur further costs. Now the fare is 80 quid.

I recieve another letter from another company called Debt Recovery Plus LTD on the 21st June 2011. Read Below what they wrote me:

3. We act on behalf of UK PARKING CONTROL (I dont know who they are only Parking Collection Services and UKPC).

Our client has written to you previously explaining that your vehicle was parked in breach of the agreeds terms and conditions regarding parking on their client's private land. Our client has now instructed us to recover the above moneys (138.99) from you as the driver at the time the vehicle was parked.

It is essential that payment is made to us within 7 days of the date of this letter. If you are having difficulty in making payment then please contact our office to discuss your proposal for payment.

We are a member of the British Parking Association (BPA) and its Approved Operator Scheme and we adhere to its code of practice. As the registered keeper it is important that you inform us immediately if you have sold/hired the car. Or if you were not the driver, that you provide us with the name and address of the person who was driving the vehicle at the relevant time. This is important so that we can avoid pursuing the wrong person.

The BPA code of practice states that "the courts do not look favourably on motorists or consumers who try to withold information from operators when it has been asked for with genuine, reasonable and proper cause".

Accordingly, if we do not recieve full payment or contact from you with your proposal for payment, this matter may be passed to our solicitor to commence County Court proceedings.

From Collections Manager

Then on the 28th June 2011 i recieve another letter again from Debt Recovery Plus LTD stating:

4. NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

Further to our previous correspondence we confirm that in order to prevent potential County Court proceedings being issued against you, payment must be sent to us in full 7 days from the date of this letter or telephone us to discuss making payment arrangements. The outstanding amount is 138.99

If you do not contact us following the reciept of this letter we will have no alternative other than to assume that you are avoiding payment. In this situation our Solicitors may issue County Court proceedings against you (or a decree in Scotland)

Please note that if the case reaches court and a County Court Judgement is obtained, the amount outstanding will increase. We will seek to recover:

*The Principle sum of 138.99 plus

*Interest at the County Court rate of 8% per annum plus

*Court Costs, which may include: 30 pound court fee, 50 solicitors cost on claim, 22 solicitors cost on entry of judgement

A County Court Judgement may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Litigation Manager

Ive been following a few threads and been ignoring there letters. Im feeling nervous. What do you lot advise me to do next?

Just keep ignoring, it's as simple as that. Please don't fall for their stupid, meaningless threats. You will see those letters are full of the magic word "may".In other words they are not going to take any action, they are trying to fool you into believing they will.

Just to let you know UKPC are UK Parking Control and Parking collection services are Debt recovery Plus.

I think they believe by mixing and matching who the letters come from intimidates people.

Carry on ignoring them.

Thanks for your advise so far folks. If they keep on sending me letters i will post some updates on here.

You don't need to type out the wording. All the letters - the whole letter-chains in full from dozens of PPCs - are already shown in pictures on another site but for some reason this forum won't let us link it, nor do they show it as a sticky thread like other forums do. I think that's odd and have said so, because posters like you are not being given the info you need to laugh at each letter.

Just Google 'private parking letters, what to expect' to see the letter-chains in full from UKPC, PCS and DRP. They are on another very well-respected forum. Your letters are already shown there, you can see what comes next and which is the last threatogram.

HTH

broken record...........

post something diff

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

these PPC threads have been running for years on CAG

there has never been any call till recent to have a copy of the chain letters

nor any calls to post links to where they are held

we have not needed them till now and to be perfectly frank

these calls are solely coming from one direction only.

dx

siteteam

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well there be a project for someone then...

more than welcome to stickie threads/posts constucted to show.

but at the end of the day it only warns against something they will get anyhow and p'haps heightens fears when they do come

oh i've got letter 3

now 4

they must be serious

we see it all the time on threads here

ignore and people don't.

or the

i've got a diff wording

do i still ignore...

dx

and they

Why re-invent the wheel? There is a perfectly good letter chain list over on MSE. Why not just link to that? Pepippo are happy to do that. Why not CAG?

As for "frightening people".It should have the opposite effect becuase it will reassure them that they are not a unique case, being specifically targeted by a PPC, but just another potential victim receiving bog-standard, computer generated letters. Let me quote this from a recent posting on PePiPoo:-

"When it happened to my parents who are both in their 80's I simply went to the stickies area and accessed the copies of the paper trail that they would receive. I printed them and left a copy with them which they matched in perfect order.

That way the letters did not come as a shock and they felt more able to resist."

Edited by DBC

I can see BD100uk`s point there though if diff wording but I did get posted a link and I more believed that I wasn`t the first!

Whichever way it is done, people still want reassuring no matter how many posts you read!

So the multitude of individual replies to ones own post is very nicely recieved!:-)

broken record...........

post something diff

dx

I post what I think is the most useful advice for the newbies.

I post on C.A.G., pepipoo and MSE and find that the PPC posters on here are given the short straw, not given enough info. That's why CAG threads about PPCs go on and on, much more than MSE and pepipoo PPC threads, because the posters are just told to ignore but not told what will arrive (specifically). So they come back in a panic (gawd knows how many don't come back at all but just pay up when they get the first unexpected Debt collector letter!).

On pepipoo they have the MSE link unashamedly set as a sticky - and both sites have the Watchdog paper aeroplane link. CAG has neither and if we dare to post a link to MSE we have our post edited. There is no evidence that these links frighten people, quite the opposite, they INFORM.

The reason CAG never needed such links before would be twofold I think:

1. The links never existed until a couple of years ago (MSE letter chains thread, and Watchdog), and

2. The PPC menace was rarer in those days. Now we have posts on the subject on all 3 forums every single day.

So the situation now calls for some instant helpful info here, and it's not just me who thinks so.

listen last comment..........

links are not allowed read the site rules............

this is a self help site not a spoon feeders paradise.

the idea is people read the threads where the info and the videos are already posted several times.

simple ans is if you dont like CAG rules move elsewhere.

dx

last warning

and they

All I can say is google led me here and saved me paying these pirates.

It worked for me so it must be doing something right.

Don`t knock it and if you do then go elsewhere if you think it is better but the

overall game is to help people and the various sites are probably doing so so leave it at that

and spend time helping people rather than winge about the various scenarious.

Strange that last October when CAG was being threatened by a PPC for use of the word sc*m in posts in relation to their company, CAG itself was happy to be directed to the MSE thread for examples of letters that the PPC's send, and was subsequently supplied with unedited originals.

Yet ordinary users are prevented from being directed to those same letters.

the idea is people read the threads where the info and the videos are already posted several times.

dx

last warning

Right I have had enough, I am off back to MSE (Coupon-mad) and pepipoo (SchoolRunMum).

Delete my membership please this is daft.

dx

last warning

Well, I am really quite shocked at your aggressive attitude towards your members. I wouldn't treat people face to face like that and neither I hope, would you.

As for links. You are quite happy to have links on MSE pointing towards your site - I did one myself; You should be happy to reciprocate as other web sites do, including mine. Shame on you for your behaviour even if it is in the so called rules. We are all fighting the parking company rules and they would be well pleased to see cracks appearing in our solidarity. Think again about your rules or live to rue the day.

Cheers

Colin OW

DX i am to am a little shocked.

I have used this site since its inception and i know what this site is for.

Whilst i understand links may not be allowed i dont think its called for an attitude and i hope you were just having an "off" day

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE. Broken record i know......I will keep on ignoring as advised. Letter number 5 from Debt Recovery Plus LTD

REDUCED PAYMENT OFFER

Further to our "Notice of Intended Litigation" letter.

We have referred your case to our client and proposed issuing County Court proceedings against you (or a decree in Scotland). If the case reaches court and judgment is obtained costs may increase the debt as follows

* The principle sum above (138.99)

* Interest at the County Court rate of 8 percent per annum, plus

*Court Costs, which may include

30 court fee to issue

50 solicitors cost on claim

22 solicitors cost on entry of judgment

In order to prevent this , our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of 111.19 if paid within 7 days.