L/O & Bailiffs

pojo81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My husband received a L/O summons (dated for 6/7/11) we will be attending & hope to have it delayed as the dates/amounts are wrong, whether the Judge agrees is another matter.

I would like to be prepared for a negative outcome. We supposedly owe £2,845.

We do not have any savings, no available credit to be able to pay it off & are 'homeless' being housed by the council in temporary accomodation, the furniture we have is on HP from a local furniture recycling charity (sorted by the council) & some electrical stuff that was a charitable donation for our youngest son who has a disability by the Family Fund, the car is in my name & not worth £500 (bought to be able to take our son to various appointments/therapy sessions etc), we receive JSA (out of which we are paying back 2 crisis loans) & Child Tax Credits, we are waiting to hear about DLA for our son.

What I'd like to know is how the CSA are likely to go about collecting?

We have applied for my hubby's Data Protecton files, but this can take up to 40 days, will the CSA pause any enforcement action?

Are they going to send my hubby to prison or take his drivig license off him? (this worries me, as I don't drive, so hubby does the driving for our son)

Many thanks

Pojo

By the looks of your post I am assuming your husband does not work. What children is he supposed to pay CSA for? What is the history of his contact with the CSA the arrears must result over a period of time and does this period of time relate to when he has not been working. Unfortunately the CSA operate in another world to realism and they seem to have draconian powers. I recommend you seek urgent advise from a solicitor and I am sure you will qualify for legal aid. Most importantly do not panic.

Hi & thanks for the reply.

The children in question are from his 1st marriage, he does not currently work & from the vague breakdown that the CSA have sent us we believe that they have not made adjustments for periods of unemployment.

This is all from 1997-2002, from 2002 we received a letter stating he doesn't have to pay, communication with them has been patchy at best, we've gone 5years with not hearing anything from them to this situation now!

The bailiff situation I can cope with - thanks to CAG :), it's the unknown stuff I'm not too sure about.

Just wanted to update,

We attended court & NRP was granted an adjournment until August 17th so that we can receive & study our DP files & appeal with our solicitor.