• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CSL DCA - Royal Bank of Scotland, for Tesco C.Card.

bubbsie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a newcomer on this forum and to being chased by debt collection agencies; CSL is the company Barclays Bank have referred my unpaid overdraft to. I initially had contct with them in december by phone and text; I refused to speak with them since I had had no notification from Barclays that my overdraft had been referred to them.

Barclays have now confirmed they are instructing CSl; before I could write to them I have just received a card telling me they are dispatching a field agent to my home to collect the debt in person.

The 'field agents' are from a company called power2collect, on calling the number they provide it goes straight through to CSL. I looked the ccompany up on line and it appears to belong to Credit Solutions, excuse me for being thick or just plain stupid but are they one and the same?

I am going to respond to this 'threat' tomorrow and put my comments firmly in writing.

If anyone else has had dealings with CSL I would be interested to hear how they dealt with them.

Edited by bubbsie1
typo

Unfortunately DCA's tend not to send me letters or phone me anymore, but IMO if they have done nothing since 2009 apart from send a few dozen letters claiming your world will cave in if you don't ring them yesterday, then there is very little else they are going to do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Barclays have now confirmed they are instructing CSl; before I could write to them I have just received a card telling me they are dispatching a field agent to my home to collect the debt in person.

And should any such random stranger turn up on your doorstep demanding money, laugh at them tell them to remove themselves from your property or you will call the Police, laugh at them as you close the door, if they fail to leave ring the Police 999, and report that there is a stranger on your property who won't leave after you have told them to do so ,and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace. When the Police arrive and either arrest them and cart them off to the nick, or they can be seen to be driving off with their tales between their legs, a little wave and a big grin out of the door or window will let them know exactly which side their bread is buttered.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've already told them on the phone I will not deal with them until Barclays confirm my account has been sent to them and made it clear I will not discuss anything on the phone.

Will put it in writing first thing tomorrow morning.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that Newmans Collection agency have written to me demanding full payment for my Amex debt; they tell me they know I have assetts that I could liquidate that are sufficent to pay off the debt in full. I own a flat which I live in and a car which is essential to do the small amount I currently have. This is all for a total Amex debt of £1092.00; I should sell my flat and car, I don't think so.

Lets just say the ' cops ; arrive, wtf will the agent tell them and what could the cagers reply be ? I have an idea how I would do things but moreso for the newbie.

Id say, dont know you, not heard of you, you are a complete and utter nuisence. etc etc

And should any such random stranger turn up on your doorstep demanding money, laugh at them tell them to remove themselves from your property or you will call the Police, laugh at them as you close the door, if they fail to leave ring the Police 999, and report that there is a stranger on your property who won't leave after you have told them to do so ,and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace. When the Police arrive and either arrest them and cart them off to the nick, or they can be seen to be driving off with their tales between their legs, a little wave and a big grin out of the door or window will let them know exactly which side their bread is buttered.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Breach of the peace is a serious offence, why wouldn't the Police turn up, they won't simply ignore a 999 call, unless there is a major incident on.

The CAGger would simply say "I have told him to leave, he won't, he is trespassing and causing a nuisance,I feel threatened in my own property, he left and sat outside in his car watching my property"

Use your imagination, obviously keep it factual, but to undermine someone's advice because you don't feel you would be capable of carrying it out, doesn't mean that this draconian method of debt collection has any place in this century, the more people simply allow themselves to be threatened and intimidated in their own homes, the longer these companies will continue to use the same methods.

I fully condone calling the Police, if you have told the DCA not to call, or have asked the threat monkey to disappear, and they still ignore your wishes, and I also condone reporting these fools to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment with regards to constant phone calls.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if anyone has been receiving calls from an 017022 xxxxx (not sure if should quote the whole number) telephone number.

I had a call from this number this evening, a couple of seconds after picking up the call the caller disconnected.

Had another 2-3 earlier in the week but didn't bother to 1471 them (wish I had)

I called 1471 and it came up with the above number, I called the number and a recorded messsage said 'the dept is closed, opening hours 8 to 6pm'

Clearly the Dept is not closed if they are calling me at 19:47

I did try 'Who Calls Me' and it suggests it may have been CSL; have complained about CSL and their constant calls before to the OFT.

Tried to go back to the site that says CSL but can't find the blasted thing now.

Does anyone know if it is CSL or some other voracious blood sucking DCA?

Edited by bubbsie1
won't let me use spacing between paragraphs

Just looked up the number on Telepest......gives the location as Southend on Sea.....so can't be CSL

Tessera?

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Hi Jasper

i've never heard of Tessera, a new one on me, will make some enquiries. Perhaps CSL have tired of chasing me and have passed this onto someone else to deal with.

Here we go again

Thanks

Just looked them up and the numbers do not match.........may be a number for one of their other departments........so p****d off with this if it has been passed onto another DCA from CSL (chasing Barclays overdraft) should know better; have made a complaint to Barclays in February this year who rejected my complaint about charges on my account and I HADN'T EVEN MADE ONE!!

Barclays have not even replied to my letter complaining about that yet.

Just about to fire off a letter to Barclays (again) to tell them to get a move on.

Card services for the visa brand credit card franchises?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig

yes it's a possibility, will call the number in the morning and try to find out (won't discuss anything with them on phone) just very suspicious the recorded message just said 'The Dept' clearly they do not want to give anything away.

Thanks

Found some information on 'Who Calls Me' seems to be another DCA, couple of people complaining about DCA for Nat West and C.Card companies; won't bother to call them, I'm sure they will call again (unfortunately)

Thanks for your help

I would not bother. Wait for a letter. I remember getting calls from a 017022 number awhile back. Thought it was another DCA trying to contact my address regarding a relatives debts, who moved abroad, using my address as a temp forwarding address. Never received any letters. I did check for companies with that STD code and I noticed a debtor tracing company which it could have been.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Uncle

yes you're right better not to ring (although this morning I was so tempted).

Just irritating, have most of my creditors (with exception of two) sorted out for now, and can't help thinking maybe one ot the more reasonable ones have now passed a debt to a DCA to collect on it.

Some days I just feel like it's too much of a struggle trying to fight them off any longer.

Thanks for the advice.

just done a bit of checking the credit card centre at SOS ,seems to have the fraud,tracing, debt facilities

for the main card brands, and 08 No. for in-going calls and 01702 for out-going.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier (feeling formal this afternoon)

pardon my ignorance but SOS? not heard of them............so could this be another of my creditorswho have not reviewed my arrangement with them as agreed and referred to DCA?

Or is that a dumb question (rhetorical of course).

bubbsie

Silly mare, Never heard of them !!!. SOS = Southend on Sea.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Cheeky devil Uncle although I must admit I was having a 'blonde moment' it must have been very 'blonde' since I'd already established it has a Southend on Sea prefix :roll:

It could have stood for anything........couldn't it? .........silly old s*d (thank you Brig) for one..............

Silly old s*d Brig for using an anacronym (whatever that means, if this was one of them)