" help please"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a HONEST.RELIABLE debt management company

is there any benefits from either the paying companies or the none paying ones.PLEASE HELP.

Sandra

never ever pay someone to manage your debts

payplan & CCCS are goopd chariable ones

but you have ALL The help here to do it yourself

BEWARE OF THE PM'S you'll now get from touters

DONT pay anyone for doing this

have a read of seq's blog in my sig

its all their

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sandra.Hi DO NOT PAY ANYBODY FOR DMPs.

A number of us suggest you go through CCCS,get your DMP established and perhaps in 12 months time you will have a very good idea of how a DMP works and then you can carry on under your own steam,

Regards FS

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a HONEST.RELIABLE debt management company

is there any benefits from either the paying companies or the none paying ones.PLEASE HELP.

Sandra

There are 3 charitable Debt Management company's that i know of and are very good

They are CCCS, National Debtline and payplan. All of which are free.

Of course you could also do all of this yourself

I echo the above. Although I have no personal experience of any of them, I have heard that Pay Plan can be awkward or slow about writing to freeze interest and charges. Others with experience of them will hopefully tell you (and me) whether or not this is true.

CCCS are fine but you must be honest with them and declare all of your debts.Once you have done this they get very uptight if you want to remove a creditor from your list.

This is why I say go with CCCS (who are free) and then in 12 months revert to running your own DMP,then if you have a difficult creditor for whatever reason you can also be difficult.

You will find CCCS will try very hard to get you 0% interest from your creditors,they do not always succeed however in my experience 85% to 100% seems to be a good hit rate for them.

I am with CCCS and have been for some time,I do not run my own DMP as I have 100% creditors at 0% interest

Good Luck FS