taking the DMP plunge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I have taken the first step and contacted CCCS regarding my debts, i have really burried my head into the sand up until recently and have made my situation 100% worse, i was very silly and paniced when my creditors threatened me about not making payments and so feel behind a month with my mortage payment and 2 months in my council tax by paying payments to loans, credit cards, store cardx etc.

I could have died of shock when i totaled it all up on the budget planner and had 24K in unsecured debt. a massive chunk being 12k to a halifax loan the rest on some payday lonas, credit cards and store cards.

I have tried to negotiate payment plans with them all before tunring to CCCS but none of them were wanting to play ball and wanted more than I could give after working out what extra i need to pay on top of my monthly payments to get my priority debts under control it will take 7months assuming they agree and leaves only £60 left over for my creditors The harrassment from my credit card companies by telephone is getting too much they have gone back through my records and begin to phone old telephone numbers that i had listed years ago one being my elderly grandparents who are being stressed at the numerous daily phone calls looking for me dispite being told i dont live there and not to call there.

i'm nervious about the whole process really i have no savings at all and was just about managing until I had to take a wage cut at work in order to save my job now i'm struggling.

The only asset I have is my car which is worth about 1700 and its essential i keep it as i live 30 miles from my place of work and public transport isnt good in my area, I also own half of my house my partner having the other half.

what i need to know is can they make me sell the house or car? I'm imagining all sorts of worrying things such as being made bankrupt ovet this or being forced to sell the house which my partner would never forgive me for. Would it be wise to transfer my half of the house into his name to ensure its safe?

Any advice on how to procced or get through this would be great.

another thing i would like advice on, my fixed term on my mortage is coming to an end next march and we are supposed to renegotiate our mortage deal in the new year because it jumps up to an amount neither me or my partner could afford if we dont renegotiate it will this DMP effect my credit rating therfore prevent anyone seeing me as viable for the mortage renegotiation