Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    gjrscotland Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2011

Default Old credit card in credit

I have an old cedit card from when i was at uni and whilst paying it off i put it into credit of 98. I only realised this a few of weeks ago when i was cleaning out my old bedroom and found a statement (dated 10/09/08) so i phoned RBSicon to see about claiming it back. I was told that becasue the card was over 2 years old it isn't on their system and i should write to their head office with a photocopy of my last statement to claim back the credit. The problem is that after sending 2 letters i have had no response. Has anyone had any similar experiences or perhaps have any advice to offer, any would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Royalties Account Holder ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: Old credit card in credit

Hi

What address did you use to contact the bank?

Have you moved recently from Uni accomodation?

The bank should hold the information still after only 2 years. .

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    gjrscotland Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2011

I used the following address, Credit card customer servicesicon po box 5747 southend on sea SS1 9AJ, which i was advised to use by the teller on the credit card customer servicesicon helpline. I moved back to my parents house after uni which was January of last year, however my address for the credit card was always my parents address. According to the teller the helpline don't have access to my account and that i would have to write to their head office as they will have it in their archives.

Royalties Account Holder ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Any more news? They should have it in their archives. They are required to keep data for max 6 yearsicon after an account is closed. This is part of the Money Laundering Regulations. As this one was not officially closed and was in credit, they have the info somewhere.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details