Old credit card in credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old cedit card from when i was at uni and whilst paying it off i put it into credit of £98. I only realised this a few of weeks ago when i was cleaning out my old bedroom and found a statement (dated 10/09/08) so i phoned RBS to see about claiming it back. I was told that becasue the card was over 2 years old it isn't on their system and i should write to their head office with a photocopy of my last statement to claim back the credit. The problem is that after sending 2 letters i have had no response. Has anyone had any similar experiences or perhaps have any advice to offer, any would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

What address did you use to contact the bank?

Have you moved recently from Uni accomodation?

The bank should hold the information still after only 2 years. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I used the following address, Credit card customer services po box 5747 southend on sea SS1 9AJ, which i was advised to use by the teller on the credit card customer services helpline. I moved back to my parents house after uni which was January of last year, however my address for the credit card was always my parents address. According to the teller the helpline don't have access to my account and that i would have to write to their head office as they will have it in their archives.

Any more news? They should have it in their archives. They are required to keep data for max 6 years after an account is closed. This is part of the Money Laundering Regulations. As this one was not officially closed and was in credit, they have the info somewhere.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers