• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

First Call Group/1st Call Group... who are they?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This organisation has rung me four times this afternoon.

Each time, A guy calling himself "Jack Martin" introduces himself and then ploughs into a monologue about the recent PPI mis-selling.

My suspicions have been raised by his not asking for me by name, I can't find much information on the net and his English seems a bit forced.

Has anybody else come across these people or had a phone call from them?

They are a UK based company from Eastbourne in East Sussex, they help you get back your PPI for a fee. They will supply a pack for a fee which they say will guide you through the process of claiming back your money. Their pack fees range from £89.99-£99.99 dependant on the pack provided. I would stay away from them, do your reclaiming from this site for free, you will get plenty of help here.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 7 months later...

Hi

I just had a call from a company called The First Call Group saying they have data on me that shows I am owed PPI.

I'm not.

When I asked him were he got this data from, he began his sales pitch again. When I asked again, he asked if I undersood English, I responded, "I do, do you ?" He than said "**** u u bitch" and put the phone down on me.

I have just phoned the Eastbourne number, they say they are 1st Call Claims and are not connected with The First/1st Call Group. Can anyone confirm this ?

• 2 months later...

I have also just been called today by a Daren Millar of The 1st Call Group. He also started by claiming something untrue - that I had had a credit card loan. When I said I had not, he started the spiel about PPI. I stopped him to ask his name and the company he worked for.(no phone number I'm afraid). I then asked him why he was calling me as I am registered with the Telephone Preference Service. He said (correctly) that the TPS registration will not stop calls from companies involved in market research and other activities not related to selling. However he started to talk over me to say that this was a nationwide advisory service only. He never got as far as trying to sell me anything because I told him I was reporting his organisation to TPS and put the phone down. This sounds like an agresssive selling organisation to me. I'll post any info I get from TPS when I report them.

• 2 months later...

I too have been called by these annoying PPI claims people, listing a london phone number. NOTE They are calling from Durban in South Africa and are not UK based or registered with Ministry of Justice MOJ so they are acting illegally in the UK.

Note there is a UK based company with the same name that ironically sells PPI, but appears not to be connected to the Durban one.

First Call Centre Sloutions, 220 Flanders Drive, 4300 Mt Edgecombe, Durban South Africa 4302. Enterprise # 2009/12406023

Phone: +27 31000000 (Not sure if this is a valid number)

Complaints +27 722794 893 ( I think this is a mobile number)

They had an advert in Durban papers last year for call centre staff for a UK Campaigns giving contact number of Pranesh or Deon Vismer on 0722794893

Doen Vismer has a page on Linkedin

Hope this info is helpfull.

• 2 weeks later...
This organisation has rung me four times this afternoon.

Each time, A guy calling himself "Jack Martin" introduces himself and then ploughs into a monologue about the recent PPI mis-selling.

My suspicions have been raised by his not asking for me by name, I can't find much information on the net and his English seems a bit forced.

Has anybody else come across these people or had a phone call from them?

My neighbours just got got SCAMMED out of £90.00 Quid, If my wife had not dropped in it could have been for a lot more, The guys name (heavy Indian Accent) said he was Brad Wilson, I think that he got mixed up and meant to say Brad Pitt, My neighbour was passed to four other [EDIT] operatives who were all fast talking and hoping I think that my neighbour would become confused, This brad guy had an answer for everything going on about some interest for miss sold insurance and credit cards being paid back to my neighbours bank account, the only problem was she said that she's never had credit cards or loan insurance, that's when the penny dropped with the missus, too late the neighbour had already furnished them enough information to take the said amount from her account, The company in Eastbourne, Sussex, looks to be a phoney as the judicial system as we all know does not govern our banks and insurance or finance companies, the quickest way to most of the unsuspecting public is to offer them the chance of getting some money, Ask yourself this before answering any of their questions, Have you got or had any credit cards or loans in the past, do you still have them, Since this information is private and should only be known to you and your bank, loan or credit card companies how come this person knows so much about your supposedly financial situation, The answer is they don't, they are Phishing for information so that they can access your bank account, Do not discuss any of your bank account details with anyone either on the phone or door step, Go to your bank and ask them what sort of questions they would ask you, They will not ask you for Pin numbers or pin codes or account numbers why would they they already have them, So when someone comes on the phone asking you about bank account or pin numbers be WARNED IF YOU CONTINUE YOU WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY LOSE SOME MONEY FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, OH YES AND THE COMPANY IN EASTBOURNE, SUSSEX IF I WERE YOU I WOULD AVOID IT,

Edited by Tony Parkes
some words appeared that I didn't want included

Hi, I spoke directly with the company in Eastbourne after I had my call from these numpties, they are not the same company. The guys phoning are not UK based. Unless you have some specific facts from the Eastbourne company doing the same thing....be careful what you say. This can cause harm to CAG.

Debbie

Hi, I spoke directly with the company in Eastbourne after I had my call from these numpties, they are not the same company. The guys phoning are not UK based. Unless you have some specific facts from the Eastbourne company doing the same thing....be careful what you say. This can cause harm to CAG.

Debbie

Hi Debbie, In reply to your answer, this companies address etc were quoted by a few other disgruntled customers who also happen to mention that the company requested a fee off customers to send them a info pack, in a reply to another customer (was it you) a person named I think it was Jenny apologised saying that they were going to change from the call centre in India "STRANGE" If this companies trading services are being traded on why have they not listed the help of the law and trading standards, It does not appear that they have, "WHY?" you say that you have spoken to them and they claim that they are not the company concerned, What proof do you have that they are not? Anyway it has now been passed to the police fraud squad for investigation besides the bank concerned taking action,

I have also seen somewhere that someone in Durban, Africa was also trying to recruit agents or whatever you want to call them to operate offices etc from various parts of the uk,

Also it seems that the complaints against this company appear to be without end, Why have the company not taken action or issued a statement about this despicable affair, This particular call was from a mobile phone, sometimes its said that the call can come from a 022 number, Whichever way it goes I would think that this company if as innocent as you claim should involve the trading standards before all these unfortunate people who have lost money to this [problem]m do , Would you not agree.

Edited by Tony Parkes
put in wrong location

Hi Debbie, let me say that my neighbour was called by someone claiming that they were from 1st call claims and not 1st call group. and gave the exact same address details as the company 1st call claims in Sussex. I have looked at their page about who they say that they are controlled by "as they put it" and something leapt straight out of the page, This is what they say, Quote; 1st Financial Services Ltd is regulated by the Ministry of Justice, Unquote: this wording is wrong, PPI and such like companies are not controlled by The Ministry Of Justice Departments.

Hi Debbie, let me say that my neighbour was called by someone claiming that they were from 1st call claims and not 1st call group. and gave the exact same address details as the company 1st call claims in Sussex. I have looked at their page about who they say that they are controlled by "as they put it" and something leapt straight out of the page, This is what they say, Quote; 1st Financial Services Ltd is regulated by the Ministry of Justice, Unquote: this wording is wrong, PPI and such like companies are not controlled by The Ministry Of Justice Departments.

Have been notified by consumergroup team that ministry of justice do control ppi and such like, since when? could you elaborate please?. and why does this company "1st call claims" have so many complaints against it? and why have they not taken action against such claims or made a statement to the public?

And of course it has to be borne in mind that the people making these calls may not be the same company that is situated in Eastbourne !

First call group in Eastbourne do have a note about his on their website.

Google will bring up lots of info on a South African outfit with the same name as well

The Information Commissioners Office is keen to stamp out this type of thing, you can go here and fill out a quick report:

https://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=133759552332

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 years later...
The Information Commissioners Office is keen to stamp out this type of thing

Three years on, and this outfit is back harassing people (had a call from First Call using 01619390225). The ICO would appear to have done nothing to "stamp out this kind of thing".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 11 months later...

I have had a telephone call this evening, 1.8.16., from a private no to my home phone. I have only had this home no for 21 months, and only give it to selected companies or firms I deal with. I

I have not heard of 1st call claims, I think she said. She was ringing about a minor accident I was supposed to have been involved in. I said which vehicle, she said she could not tell me that information. she stated about 2 and 1/2 years ago it was supposed to be. Well I lived 5 miles away then and had a totally different home no.

So basically, if what she said was 'true' I was in hospital around that time after having surgery on a broken femur; in hospital 5 weeks, in the home for 12 weeks as could not put pressure on that leg, and then did not drive for another few months. I said no one else drove my vehicle and lived alone, so idid not understand why she was calling. I was insured with a well known firm at that time, so basically could not understand where she got her information from. She then apologised and rang off.

• 11 months later...

I volunteer at a local foodbank. 1st Call Group (they make sure you know how it's spelt!) called our phone with a message that if you did not want to receive any more solicitation from them to e-mail your details. This of course is an outright lie, and it's perhaps a criticism of my character that I was willing to send them a message, because within the hour another call arrived. A simple girl with a South African accent spoke, really trying to sell a PPI claim for a period before the charity was even set up. She had great difficulty understanding that the charity had not been married previously, had no credit cards and no other savings. I even had to spell out the name of the charity even though she had it in the e-mail I sent right there.

The audacity 1st Call have to tell you to contact them to provide them with further ammunition to bother you AFTER having bothered you with nonsense in the first place is just disgusting. How do we deal with these foreigners? Presumably there's no law anywhere on this kind of thing what with crossing borders and such. It's revolting and entirely wasted everybody's time. Including theirs.

The number they used was 0161 814 3630 (which I hope has not incurred me with any overseas charges!)

• 1 month later...
Being hounded by this company 1st Call - who the hell are they?

Am being called on my mobile EVERY day - their number is 0161 814 2785

I NEVER say anything, call ends BUT the next day exactly the same happens. Why isn't something being done about what is, effectively, harassment?

Take control yourself.

Options include:

a) https://www.truecall.co.uk for a landline (or the equivalent apps for a smartphone)

b) (Politely!) wasting their time: getting them to hang on while you answer the door, turn off the boiling kettle, reminisce about your childhood or ask them ever increasing questions about their products .....

• 1 month later...
Take control yourself.

Options include:

a) https://www.truecall.co.uk for a landline (or the equivalent apps for a smartphone)

b) (Politely!) wasting their time: getting them to hang on while you answer the door, turn off the boiling kettle, reminisce about your childhood or ask them ever increasing questions about their products .....

Im getting these calls 2 to 3 times a day now. You block one number and another one replaces it with the same area code then 814 then the last 3 numbers are different. Even when you answer they put the phone down. Surely this company is breaking some communication law?

time for a truecall box

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we use to get these calls every day , went out and got a phone with a call blocker hardware in best purchase I made it stopped all the calls dead . got it all set up so it allows the call I want to get though without delay rest have to announce themselves