council tax over 8 years old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help received a council tax bill from aug 2002 to aug 2003, i am more than possitive we had paid this bill, it was not bought up when we sold the property and i have contacted the bank for bank statments but it is to old to supply them, how do i now prove i have paid ???

been writing to council who just dont want to know.....have had baliff letter so does this mean they have a libility order, can they get this with out informing me ? when we sold the property the solisitor did not bring up any os council tax nor have they contacted me at my new address which i have been on electrol roll and paid all my c tax for last 8 years.

What options do i now have ?? is there some kind of rule for 4 years between liability order and contacting me ??

all relevant stuff for property in question has been thrown away because of time scale ??/?? help what do i do next ???

I had exactly the same problem, I was renting a property I left and the landlord who couldn't fill the property didnt pay any council tax on it so council assumed I was the tenant. Anyway I contacted the council and denied all liability and sent them recorded delivery all the details I had where I moved to, when I moved, when I took mortgage etc etc. After they had all the details they agreed I didnt owe the money and wrote off the debt. My advice is contact the council again tell them quite forcefully that you dont owe the money and wont be paying so what details do they need to prove it isnt your debt. I found that when I was nice they just fobbed me off when I got a little shirty they changed their tune. And when I had another visit from bailiff he was told to Foxtrot Oscar. Only deal with council

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)