Info with Dmp please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could i have some advice on my wife's dmp please.

I have bin running it now for her for 2 & a half years with no problems paying £388 per month. There is a possibility that my wife could lose her job in 3 months time with staff cuts. if this happens i wont be able to afford paying the £388pm & only have £140pm to deal with.

What i would like to ask is would i just have to renogotiate with the creditors & explain the sittuation & if so could they do anything about it . As i am worried if this does become the case they mite start throwing a wobbly when we have had no trouble for all this time & never missed a payment etc.

Thanks for any advice Nick..

Well, put simply, you cannot pay what you have not got. This really only leaves you with the one choice which is to tell them and try to renegotiate. I would be inclined to wait until you know more about your wife's job situation - there's little point worrying about over which you have no control. IF she loses her job, then you need to write to them immediately and tell them of your change in circumstances. You'd want to be including proof of her redundancy, estimated likelihood of her getting a new job (-ie- is the change likely to be temporary or are you likely to be asking for a permanent reduction in payments?), a new IE sheet with new pro rata payments.

To be honest, that is all YOU can do. If they want to be awkward after that, then they are going against a raft of legislation which could be used against them. Again my view is if you do all you can do as outlined above, then anything else we respond to as it happens.

Remember, one thing is for sure, life will go on whether or not they are getting paid, so please try not to worry unduly, especially as you have no control over the situation whatsoever.