social fund loans

badboy09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there all :)

just a quick question

how long do social fund loans stand ? and do they get wiped off after so many years ?

reason im asking is this , i have had a social fund loan for a number of years and im on benefits at moment , but the social fund

department have not made any effort in the last 6 yrs to take any of that debt , and also i have informed them twice that i want

it to be payed back (incase at some point in my life i may need another) as this is stopping me getting a crisis loan or even a budgeting loan at some point also , i have rung them and asked them and been told in no certain terms .... ermmm we cant answer that one or even we will get back to you about this and noone ever does lol

so my point is .. can it be wrote off like a debt and get wiped or do i go bk to them and pester them some more to get it sorted :)

any help now would be of great appreciation

ty for reading ..

badboy09

ty for your quick response but it does sound a little confusing there , its statue barred which should mean debt can be written off

but yet they can still claim it back lol cant win either way it seems lol :)

thanx anyway

Hi Badboy

The Social Fund Loan is there to help you, they don't charge any interest on it, there are other people who will need to borrow that monies as they might be in a

desperate situation. Best to pay it back when you can afford too.

ty for your quick response but it does sound a little confusing there , its statue barred which should mean debt can be written off

but yet they can still claim it back lol cant win either way it seems lol :)

thanx anyway

It becomes Stautute Barred in as much as they will be unable to take any enforcement action through a court, i.e CCJ, attachment of earnings etc. However they have a partial exemption in that they can deduct monies due from future benefits.

It's the same principle as a bank offsetting a debt from one a/c to another.