• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fobbed off by Mint/RBS again, please advise.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank God!1 I found this website, I am getting more concious of the Banks tricks here in this country.

I've just received my last Mint cart Statement which i have not missed to pay any month. My last transaction was in March...Well I have reached my limit just in interest and payment protection, even when I paid them £100 by transfer and £80 was taken by DD. Now they pretend to charge me £20 for going over the limit by £62. So I phoned them straight away and I have been talking with one of their associates who told me that I will be charged the next month to another £20 because if I pay the minimum it won't cover the cost. I told her that those charges were illegal charge as it's more than £12 which is the maximum they can charged, she put me in mute when I requested the charged to be refunded, and again to let me know that I am not in the right to dispute this charges. I have just finish to do the letter to Mint.

I do believe this poor girl was totally new and was with a supervisor listening the call, as I have been working in the sector...But I keep the name, just in case.

Let's have a Fiesta!!

By the way, if I requested the charges back, do you think they will make me pay the account in full/ Because I don't have the money at the moment...

sorry to say this, but is this in the correct section? I mean there are many sections for each individual bank. This makes it easier for people to help you as those who are reading your posts are more likely to know exactly what you are going through.

Good luck with your claim.

Complaints Dept.

MINT

Customer Service Centre

PO BOX 5747

Southend-on-Sea

SS1 9AJ

Dear Sir/Madam:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxx

I now understand that the regime of ‘fees’, which you have been applying to my account in relation to exceeding overdraft limits and so forth, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract, which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner, which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £20 and further £20, will be asked if I only make the minimum payment next month, plus the overdraft interest, as advised by “xxxxxxx” in your Customer Services Dept. I have not used the credit card since last March and I have been paying rigorously every month by DD the minimum amount without miss any payment. I even paid to you more that what it was required on my last statement.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest and my costs and without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit license under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Here is the letter I'm about to send to Mint Card, I got the template from the Library, but I have changed to remind them I have been a good customer...;)

Let me know your opinion, before I put it in the post.

Letter received on the 2nd of June, one day later of my first deadline. No really happy bunny...

Dear XXXXX,

Thenk you for your letter of the 15 May 2006.

We consider that our charges are fair, reasonable and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the trasnparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation to our products.

We have however, considered the detailes statement, made on the 5th April, by the Office of Fair Trading on credit card administration charges and have responded to them. We are currently awaiting the outcome.

It follows that we do not agree with the assertions made in your letter.

Yours Sincerely,

Nicky Baker

Senior Concerns Officer

Customer Care Team

So I know it's been only £20, and now I have paid off nearly all the amount I owe them, apart from £6...Should I go to the next step...

So I know it's been only £20, and now I have paid off nearly all the amount I owe them, apart from £6...Should I go to the next step...

It's your money - go for it!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

sorry this is late, but I've been quite busy. After no joy with my prelim letter, and get the standard, sorry, but our charges are fair, etc, and paying what I thought all the balance, they still charged me another £20 for going over my limit, they got clearly a rule to put the money you pay them as late as they want...anyway I sent them the last week a LBA and claiming around £60 in late payment and excess limit charges.

anyone has been lucky with Mint? Have they settled the dispute before court?

• 1 month later...

They seem to drag things out to the very end. It would appear that I'm at about the same stage as you. I'll keep you posted as to any progress.

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

i'm sending my mint and tesco lba letters tomorrow, will be following you as you seem to be about 2 weeks ahead of me.

Halifax 13/7/06 sent data protection act letter

26/7/06 recieved statements

1/8/06 posted prelim letter, recieved acknowledgment 5/8/06

14/8/06 sent lba

18/8/06 offered £150 NOT A CHANCE

30/8/06 sent rejection letter to halifax

15/9/06 offered £450 no chance

15/9/06 filed court claim!!!

17/9/06 deemed served

21/9/06 letter settling **WON**

NatWest 1/8/06 rang for statements

2/9/06 got some statements

14/9/06 finally got rest of statements

30/11/06 prelim letter sent

14/12/06 lba sent

tesco 2/8/06 prelim sent ,

9/8/06 acknowledged ,

18/8/06 go away letter recieved

mint prelim sent 2/8/06, acknowledged 9/8/06

cap 1 prelim sent 2/8/06, acknowledged 18/08/006

7/9/06 offered £272 NOPE

10/10/06 filed claim

26/10/06 letter settling **WON**

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to do the MoneyClaim form when I received a letter from Mint saying more or less that although they don't agreed that their charges are desproportionate and have reduced them accordingly with the OFT recommendation, but as a gesture of goodwill they will refund back into my account the £60 they own me. :) Also they say something about the fact that from now on they expect I keep under the T&C's, bla, bla, bla... Which I did in first place anyway and they were the ones in breaking it, as they take far to long to put the money you pay in into your card. Anyway now they are the ones that own me money and I'm on credit hehe....Good luck to future moneyclaimers...

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I'm doing MINT as well, it's £10 for the SAR, I'm new to this but that's one of the few things I do know. Are you just going after MINT for PPI - I'll be going for PPI and late payment fees. I sent my SAR today so we can compare notes over getting a response.

Good luck!

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Good luck to both of you:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Mainly for PPI but I'll see what they return to me. I remember I requested the Mint Card online. I have tried a few times cancel the PPI and this has not happen, including by letter.

I have started my fight with GE Money for two store cards. I need to sent a S.A.R to Barclays, HSBC and Smile.

I'll let you know how this thing goes.

And Good luck to you too.

• 3 years later...

Hi there,

I have just received a letter from RBS/Mint regarding my claim about PPI staying that the complaint was dealt and closed in 2010, returning all my paperwork and saying if I was needing anything else to contact a PPI dept in Manchester.

I'm quite annoyed about this. I filled originally last year, one of those FSA questionnairs to complaint about miss-sold PPI. They came back with a long letter after of being waiting for weeks to fob me off saying I was not entitled to a refund, and pretty much saying that I signed for it. Also it mentions something about 6 months from that letter to complaint to the FSA directly if I was not happy. As I have been very busy and the FSA case was still in court, I thought to wait to see what happens. When the banks give up on the case for PPI, I filled again an FSA form, explaining that I was not happy with the 1st resolution and that I still believe I was miss-sold the PPI, as I didn't know it was part of the credit card agreement, I requested in 2 occasions by phone and by letter to be canceled when I knew about the policy and still RBS/Mint didn't action my wishes and I'm basically annoyed with all this.

Should I write to them again explaining that I was not happy with the original answer and that I am still trying to get my money back, or should I just write to the FSA directly. The account was opened in 2004 and it is about £700 worth of PPI on it.

the problem is that, it has passed already those 6 months, but I thought to complaint again to see if after the PPI court case, they will considered again my complaint without having to go to court or the FOS.

Can I still complaint to the FOS, will they look into my claim even though those 6 months has passed?

the problem is that, it has passed already those 6 months, but I thought to complaint again to see if after the PPI court case, they will considered again my complaint without having to go to court or the FOS.

Can I still complaint to the FOS, will they look into my claim even though those 6 months has passed?

Well, you could try on the basis that you were waiting for the decision.

I doubt very much whether they will pay up without a fight though so I would expect that you would have to "get tough" with them. If you are able to go to fos (no guarantee) it will be a slow process as they are inundated with claims. You might be better to take it to court as it would be a lot quicker for you to get a result.

ims

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have been quite busy so I didn't have time to give an update for this. As you could expect RBS is not playing ball, so I sent a letter complaining for the FOS. I have got a confirmation from them, that they are looking into this and see what happens. I hope that goes my way, as there is not much left on that account to clear and if they finally give me my money back, plus interest I could pay off other of my debtors and clear my debts earlier. I'll updated when I know something else.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks