• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Are Capital 1 contacting customers? ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum phoned me today to say she has had 2 phone calls from capital something asking to speak to me.

They wont tell her anything and just say they will phone again another time to talk to me.

I closed my account with them 5 years or so ago but had a maxed out £3K credit card with PPI for a number of years.

I was going to send off a SAR to them but it appears they might want to contact me instead?

Anyone been approached?

I did phone there customer services but they cant access my account details and said I should write to them.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there

You say you closed your account but it was maxed out? Can you clarify please.

I doubt whether they are contacting you to offer you a refund....doesn't sound like Cap1 to me.

If there was a debt then it is more than likely they are contacting you because its getting close to being Stat Barred.

ims

Hi

So no debt on the card....if you're sure then probably nothing to worry about. In any event, if its that important they will write to you.

You mention ppi on the card. If this was mis-sold you can claim it back if you wish.

ims

You shouldnt telephone them.

Make your initial request for refund of mis sold PPI by letter, send either recorded or special delivery post and keep the receipt.

If you dont have all your statements, then send a Subject Access Request to Capone.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well Got all the info today!!

No point being paranoid about signatures as they do keep originals on file you know!

My original application form is there with PPI ticked as NO

There data screen dump shows PPI Required NO

1st statement has PPI added along with the next 3 years or so!

Now going to put it all in a spreadsheet and work out what is owed to me.

I hav'nt looked at the option of adding interest yet, can someone point me in the right direction of what I can claim? is it based on APR?

Well Got all the info today!!

No point being paranoid about signatures as they do keep originals on file you know!

My original application form is there with PPI ticked as NO

There data screen dump shows PPI Required NO

1st statement has PPI added along with the next 3 years or so!

Sounds Like Open & Shut Case to me then

Now going to put it all in a spreadsheet and work out what is owed to me.

I hav'nt looked at the option of adding interest yet, can someone point me in the right direction of what I can claim? is it based on APR?

I've attached a spreadsheet which will do the calculation for you.

You only need to enter list data in columns A, B and C. Change the APR figure in the blue section to the rate they were charging you for purchases. The daily rate below it will alter itself. Amend your personal details in the blue section. This si then your Schedule of Claim (SOC).

Fire this sheet off to Cap1 together with a completed fos questionnaire (download from fos website) and a letter reclaiming the ppi payments and stating on what grounds you were mis-sold.

Personally I like the templates here...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1606652/LETTER-TEMPLATE-Mis-sold-PPI.html

Don't be surprised at how the interest your claiming mounts up....it can amount to quite a bit on a credit card claim.

Regards

ims

CompoundInt.xls

This makes my claim over £3K for £880 PPI charges! Does this seem right?

Do I put the end date as today or when the PPI ended in 2007? I cancelled it in 2007 when people started finding out about the [problem].

The interest rate for purchases was 26.94%

I had previously filled out the same spreadsheet but at 8% statutory interest which came out at £1200 ish.

I need to make sure I get this right so they dont try and fob me off too much (I know they will and am happy to go to court.)

This makes my claim over £3K for £880 PPI charges! Does this seem right?

Do I put the end date as today or when the PPI ended in 2007? I cancelled it in 2007 when people started finding out about the [problem].

The interest rate for purchases was 26.94%

I had previously filled out the same spreadsheet but at 8% statutory interest which came out at £1200 ish.

I need to make sure I get this right so they dont try and fob me off too much (I know they will and am happy to go to court.)

Like I said....compound interest can mount up to quite a sum.

If you're happy you have entered the date of the payment in column A, the nature of the payment in column B and the amount of the payment in column C then the resultant figures will be fine. If you want me to check it, post up your spreadsheet (MINUS PERSONAL INFO) and I'll take a look for you.

The end date is right up till now....after all, they have had your money up till now.

Regards

ims

See attached!

Hi

Looks fine to me.

Funny, I thought I'd formatted column C as a currency column. Still never mind.

Ok so fire this off as advised above. As you're happy to go to court, you can set the timescales so I would start with the first letter giving them 14 days to repay the money.

Regards

ims

Ok going to print all this at work tomorrow and send it of pronto.

These loosers have really ticked me off, I was sure I was miss sold this and now I know for sure. No policy details on file, no signed agreement, boxes ticked no on forms and computer.

These people are crooks and should be treated appropriately.

A few last questions before bed.

Is there a LBA Template that I can mod, In my case I was not sold PPI but rather just given it without knowledge. I have no records of agreements from CAP1.

Do I go in with LBA straight away or do a preliminary letter first?