travel insurance help needed URGENT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could somebody help. About 5 weeks ago i was playing football and bumped heads with a player, to cut long story short there was a dint just above my eyebrow. Anyhow i went to the hospital and got examined. i was told it was fine and that the dint would go once the swelling had gone without an xray.

2 weeks later and its still there, so i go to my gp who said the same as the hospital, 3 weeks go back to gp and see a different doctor and she said nothing to worry about. So me and my gf book a last minute holiday and i get my travel insurance with my hsbc advance account. im due to go away on 31st may so i thought id go back to doctors as its hurting a little bit, to my horror the gp confirms she can feel the dint and rang the hospital for there advice. ive since been back to hospital who have confirmed i have a sinus fracture above the eye, but they said im ok to fly and that my ct scan will be done after my hols. im also on anti-biotics for sinusitus.

im really annoyed with my doctors as the dint was obvious

Ive rang my insurance and they said il be covered for anything bar the sinus fracture.

what do i do now

very worried

I suspect that under the terms of the policy, you had to phone the Insuers about the original hospital examination, to make sure you were covered for this potential issue for your trip, before you booked it. They would have noted your record about the dint above the eye and that you had been informed there was no problem.

Now weeks later the original diagnosis has proven to be wrong, the Insurers are excluding anything relating to the fracture, because you didn't tell the about the original hospital examination.

I would suggest that you phone Travel Insurers that cover pre-existing medical issues, so you have peace of mind for your trip.

These include.

medicitravel.com

allcleatravel.co.uk

free-spirit.com

direct-travel.co.uk

world-first.co.uk

You can also phone other provider such as Columbus Direct and Post Office Travel Insurance to see what they say. You might need something from a doctor to confirm that you can travel without any issues.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

okay thanks for your help, i take it this will cost me.

wish i could foot the bill with my gp

Yes I expect it will.

BUT, depending on where you are going, you would be better to spend say £100 getting the cover, if they can provide it, rather than have a problem and you end up with a private hospital bill for tens of thousands.

Be careful if you are going to travel in Europe without Travel Insurance covering this pre existing medical issue. Many people opt not to obtain the cover and rely on the EHIC cover. Problem is that if you fall ill in a hotel for example, many will call a private ambulance and take you to a private hospital. These are not covered under EHIC. Under EHIC, you have to use the countries state health provider.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread