Info needed for applying for ESA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am considering applying for ESA, for various reasons.

I am currently on JSA, and my next signing on day is next Monday.

What I want to know is, if I applied for ESA, what would happen in terms of money - would I be without any payments at all from the DWP from several weeks, as I am diabetic, and no money would = no food, and thus probably hospital/A&E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In your position I would get the ESA50 form and fill it out (with help and advice) and then decide how strong your claim is.

They have made it very difficult to get ESA and it's all about what you can do despite being ill and/or disabled.

Try this test - http://www.disney.go.com/mickey//employment-and-support-allowance/start-the-esa-test

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Ok you are signing on Monday 23rd, if you feel up to it then attend for that signing as normal then complete and return your ES40 booklet on that same signing day. You can then claim ESA from Tuesday 24th May (so no break in claim) as long as your GP will give yo a fit note to state that you are unfit for work from 31st May (you can self certify your sickness for the first 7 calender days).

With regards to processing times nobody can tell you how long it will take but the average where I work is approx the 2 weeks so you could be lucky and get your next payment more or less when it's due. Don't forget that we do have a bank holiday in 2 weeks so that will increase processing and waiting times.