Outstanding Blackhorse Finance on Inherited car - Agreement Expired

patterns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Hope im posting in the right section. my dad passed away last year and i have taken ownership of his car. He told me their was finance on it but paid off, so i didnt think anything of it. ive spent alot of time and money on the car and recently met one of his friends who mentioned whether i HPI the car?

Out of curiosity i did. And it shows finance outstanding under 'hire purchase' in 1st april 2003 for 96 months. this has now expired as of 1st april 2011. its with Black Horse.

Im just wondering what to do? should i do anything and see if they contact me, is the debt still valid? Just wondered if anyone can shed some light on where i stand and my options here.

Many thanks

Who is the registered keeper now? That does not necessarily mean the owner.

did you find any HP agreements in his affects?

If there is HP debts outstanding then it still belongs to HP co.

You are NOT liable for this debt. However they will have a cliam against the estate.

This becomes difficult now if the assets or inheritance has been sorted out and there is nothing left ( except the van )

If you want to keep the van, you should conact BH to establish what the exact position is; then explain to them what your situation is and possibly make an offer to them for the van, either cash or terms to settle. How much is it worth now?