• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance : There is hope for everyone, dont give up - I have just had a PPI refund :)

Tink_2010x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanting a little advice guys please..

I took out an unsecured loan with these numptys back in 2007 for £2500.

I have paid back £201 each month on time and I want to see if I am owed any charges they have robbed me of

. I have sent my SAR today and when it comes back I will have a good scan through it, but I just need to know once ive highlighted all the charges I think are unfair how do i calculate what they owe me?

i have read through posts on here and my maths is decent but I just need to know how I work these charges out thats all,

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya guys,

To cut a long story short took a loan out with these sharks back in december 2007 for £2500 over 3 years £201 a month - i know!!! :!: I have paid back over 7 grand with looks of it!! Stupid and young!

Anyway should have been paid off in December 2010 but they are still taking £201 from DD! hmm so I have just rang and he said its my arrears - not convinced over this. I paid any arrears I had with them last year by paying them £402 per month twice and my accoount manager said I was then out of arrears and back to normal.

The chap I spoke to says hes only taken this account over a few month ago, couldnt really explain why im still paying just kept saying its because of my arreas. He said I had missed a payment Aug 10 but looking at my good old online banking, it shows i paid on the 2nd of august and at the end of august !!! He also offered me a settlement figure of £700!! Cheek! He also said I owed charges for telephone calls etc and thats also why im still paying ??? I requested a SAR last week but they are due to take a DD at end of Feb - I dont wanna give them anymore of my hard earned cash , can anyone please help..

Thanks all Tink

Edited by Tink_2010x

Hi Tink. If it was me I would cancel the DD. This is outrageous how they hell are they still saying you owe so much after you have paid over three times you borrowed.

When you get back the SAR it will show what charges have been made and you can reclaim them with interest.

Did you take out any of their lovely insurances? Welcome have been known for adding insurances or saying that you had to have the insurances to have the loan, if so you may find that these were miss sold.

Hopefully one of the bigger hits (postgj & dx100) will come along and give you some more advice

JJ

I did indeed take out all their lovely insurances! Cant wait to get my SAR back and work out what I can try claim.

Yeah the cheeky bugger on the phone said to me "this is an expired loan we are doing you a favour by not demanding the £700 now" :!:

Been on online banking seems I paid £400 on 3 seperate occasions instead of the £200. I have let them get away with so much! Im going to cancel my DD and I have sent them a letter today!

I said to the chap how can you offer me a settlement figure when ive paid over 7 grand to you and he said "you were aware out interest rates were high"!! Cant wait to get my SAR back.

I just hope I dont cave in when they receive my letter and see my DD has been cancelled! Thank you so much for your help and advice though - makes it easier to fight them with everyones support :) Tink

If you are going down the cancel way I would also contact the bank and make sure that they know not to allow any more DD to be paid to them. If you have ever paid them via your card I would also 'lose' them so they can't try to take money that way.

Hopefully when you get the SAR back and gone through it you might be in for a windfall

JJ

Yeah I hope so - they are so patronising on the phone aswell - not communicating with them this way anymore. I dont understand where they get off speaking to people as they do.

Im sure they wont pay up easily but I have misplaced my orginal credit agreement so waiting for my SAR to come so I can add up some figures. Ill keep checking my DD to make sure they dont set one up off their own back!

I just dont understand where they have this extra £700 from.. Not so good with calculating interest and stuff so hopefully someone will be kind enough to help out when I get my documents.. Tink

There is a very good spreadsheet on here where you put in the date and the charge and it works out the interest.

As you may know that Welcome are in real trouble and trying to screw as much money out of their remaining paying customers.

I luckily got out of my car finance in September but they tried chasing me for £5.85 (yes £5.85) even got their High Risk Department onto me. Took me a couple of months to prove they were wrong.

I would also send them a CCA request and a telephone harassment letter so they don't keep ringing you when they find out that the DD has been cancelled.

JJ

£5.85 they have some cheek dont they! Dont think they are going to go easy on me then for the £700!

Yeah I have the telephone letter thanks just incase they start to get on my nerves - which of course they will!

Never thought about the CCA request though, suppose its worth it for £1!

Ill have to have a look around for the spreadsheet! Sounds good..

Thanks for your advice, I dont want to pay them another penny! Tink :)

I sent my letter recorded Tuesday clearly stating I will only speak to them in writing and they are starting to phone me.

What is wrong with them. Why are they unable to understand a simple letter.

Shall I just dig out the telephone template on here or are they just going to ignore that too!

Last week I sent welcome the telephone and home visit templates and they signed for them.. In the meantime they have sent me a settlement figure out for £700 and have phoned me 4 times.. Im still awaiting my SAR I requested about 2 weeks ago..

I really dont want to end up answering the phone to them because I know im a wimp over the phone but I really dont want them turning up at the house!

Can anyone please help me :| any advice at all is really appreciated!

Hi, Are they ring from the same number,if so some phone companies may be able to bar these numbers. If not just answer the phone don't say anything,place phone down on the side (preferably next to the tv or the radio so they can hear something) and go and do something more important than speak to these low lifes.

Just out of interest have you checked to see if you payment for your SAR has been cashed?

JJ

Yeah its from the same number which is the local branch.

They sent me a letter 2 days after I sent my SAR request saying thanks for the payment and they are processing SAR for me..

I cant really do anything until I get the SAR back and see where they have got these crazy arrears from. I suppose I can then look at claiming back PPI aswell..

So in the meantime just carry on ignoring the calls - seen as though they are ignoring my letters? and of course not pay them a penny?

Thanks Tink : )

I cant believe they have just turned up out of the blue unannounced at my house!!!!

Im not late with any payments I am just ignoring their calls! I have paid them £201 every month for the last 3 years for a £2500 loan!

My loan finished in December and they still say I owe them 700 in arrears which I am pretty sure I dont.

They are due to take a payment at end of feb which I cancelled my DD so its not even as though im late paying and they have come to my house, my younger brother answered and told them I was in the bath which I was at the time and they handed him a letter stating my arrears and told him to tell me to ring them..

Is this actually allowed? I consider this as harressment!!!

Any help would be grateful..

Hi

If they discussed the arrears with your brother thenthey are guilty of a breach of the Data Protection Act and if the letter they gave wasn't in an envelope they are also guilty.

Look at section 4 here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

What are the arrears? Late payment charges? If so you can get them back or taken off the loan

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hey i feel a reclaim coming on....and i bet you've got all manner of insurance bolted on too as 'you had to have it to get the loan approved..........'' WRONG!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hiya, thanks for replying. Im currently in the telephone queue for WF complaints. Im fuming... No sorry, the letter was in an envelope and the just told my brother to tell me to ring them.

They state im in arrears for 700/800 and when I spoke to someone last week he couldnt even tell me why.. He just said some are charges etc..

Why should I pay them more money when they cant even tell me what I owe it for. I didnt want to speak on the phone but im so angry..

Yeah dx ppi is on there im awaiting SAR at minute before I send that off so I know my figures but in the meantime they have decided to pay me a visit!!

then they owe you

i wouldn't bother with the phone either.

writing ONLY.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not that it did any good ringing them they said I 'have' to speak to my branch manager - which i do not want to he is so patronising.

I asked if the reason im in arrears can be posted to me and she said 'theres a £10 fee" argh look at your records ive paid the £10 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for my documents. Then she ended with 'ill get your branch to call you" I dont even want to speak to them, does it look like im going to have to?

Ive sent letters all recorded during the last week and no reply.. I dont want to speak them but I dont want them coming to my house again :|

When (if) they ring you just refuse to go through security. They cannot continue the call. Just state "In writing" and hang up

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

just an update for everyone interested incase you are coming to the end of your loans...

they rang again and I heard her out, she looked on computer to see where these arrears had come from, came back 5 minutes later saying there was nothing on the computer that was jumping out at her and she couldnt see why I had arrears herself, although she wanted me to make a payment still at the end of the month until the dispute was sorted :nono:

She also said she had requested my statement to be sent to the branch so she could look through it and shed some light. So when I ring head office they cant deal with me I must speak to my branch, when I ring my branch they have to request statements in... ?!