DMP Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello all, just popping in to provide another quick update. Everything is still running relatively smoothly, xmas negotiated without much stress as was DD's 18th birthday in March.I have managed to maintain all payments up to date and haven't heard a peep from my creditors.

I have recently decided to write complaint letters to Barclays(Former Egg card), RBS and MBNA regarding continuing to charge interst whilst making token payments. Barclays within a week refunded the interest for the 3 mths that Egg imposed their interest, circa £300 refunded. Acknowledgements from both RBS and MBNA saying they are looking into my complaint.

Barclays are still charging 6.9% interest and Moorgate 8% for former Egg Loan.

I am losing my WTC of £44 this month and my pension is going up by £30 as well as higher utility costs and losing child benefit.

Thankfully a large HP is ending soon and my rising costs will be absorbed by losing the HP. My payments as a result are only likely to rise very marginally as opposed to what I had anticipated last year.

Well it's nearly a year now and I am in a much better place.

Good to hear your happy with the way things are going Bettingmad, did you ever look at claiming back charges on any of these accounts.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Good to hear your happy with the way things are going Bettingmad, did you ever look at claiming back charges on any of these accounts.

Never had any charges only the 3 mths where I made token paymens as I embarked on my amp. Never been one to take out insurance either.

• 5 years later...

It's interesting reading back over my old post to see how dark things were in the early days. I now only have 3 DMP payments remaining and have worked out that I have paid off over £36k of debts. I have 4 defaults on my file with 3 of them due to drop off this month. The remaining default will drop off in February and I will have a nice credit report at long last. It's been an interesting journey but quite smooth on the whole made all the more interesting by me suffering a heart attack 3 years ago.

I am now in a really good place although this last year has been the longest as I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel. I am so glad that I started off on this journey and for anyone else in the same financial distress with debt please don't hesitate. I put off my DMP by a year, increased my debt by £5k during this period so should have finished my journey 2 years sooner. Oh well never mind I have finally got where I want to be. For anyone starting their debt free journey the best of luck to you.