#rbs forced bank account closure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, wondering if someone can give me some advice. Number of years ago I had an account with RBS had problems with overdraft which got stuck in and was unable to pay back. To cut a long story short a default was issued 2 years ago and I then made and arrangement to clear this off with Moorcroft which has since been done. In February this year I applied for a new bank account with them after having lots of problems with Halifax . I applied on-line went through all the credit checks etc etc and account was agreed, set up and has been running for the past 2 months with regular salary credits and d/d payments. Yesterday they withdrew the remaining funds out of my account so reduced balance to nil. When queried with the branch they advised that it had been done by a "back office" in Telford. When I contacted them they said it was being closed as I had a default with them in the past and could never bank with them again and needed to go and bank elsewhere. He confirmed that the default had since been cleared but I couldnt have the account and all my D/D's had been canceled. When I asked why this had not been pointed out in any literature or T&C's (had a good look through them and cannot see anything that mentions this) he said that it was down to the branch, even through I applied online and had not been into the branch. I asked why no notice had been given and he said they didnt need to give any as I had been a bad customer in the past and could never bank with them again. I can't understand that if I have gone through all the credit checks 2 months ago and passed them, been running the account fine, how after 2 months then can just do this without any notice and with less than a week till pay day and D/D's due. I'm totaly shocked by this, and even the advisor in the branch who had been there 16 years wasnt aware of this. I've logged a complaint with them but need to know where I stand..... Any help would be appreciated.