HOMEBUY Please help with CCA request response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all in need of help i have just sent off cca request to Homebuy everyone can buy with homebuy!!! after years of paying for a TV and two £200 loans, the reason for this was i am sick to death :-x of them the payments they change all the time from month to month and my dad found out about the TV went out and bought me one and told me to get rid of this TV. I was unsure as to how to do this so sent off a cca, the request returned within the time limit but the contract for the TV wasn't there and they requested a further 7 days to find the contract as it is down in storage! the other documents made no sense they don't explain where the payments have been going only that i have made £100's of payments for maintenance payments that were not explained to me at the time of signing the contract and in really small text it says these payments are optional non of this i was aware of as i wouldn't have wanted them anyway.

how should i respond to this? should i ask them to just take the TV back? will this stop them from coming round? or is there another way to deal with this? any help would be really really helpful, many thanks in advance :-)

Obviously you still need to get rid of the TV or they will keep on charging you for it. This in no way stops you from still pursuing a claim against them. I would be inclined in the first instance to write to them saying that the maintenance payments were missold to you at the point of sale and were not explained. If they were optional you should have been directly asked the question whether or not you wanted them. I would then say that it amounts to the equivalent of misselling ppi on a loan and as such they are duty bound not only to return the money paid, but to return with interest at the rate of 8%.

This will give you a picture of the stance they're going to take - whether they are going to be nice or fight it, and then you can amend tactics accordingly if you need to write again.

Hi, thanks for your advice my first course of action will be to return the tv i am going to write to them now to request that they collect the tv as i dont want to speak to them over the phone this way i can keep evidence of any communications. have you any thoughts on what i should write in the letter? again any help would be great, many thanks in advance

I think I've stated fairly clearly in my first post what I would put in the letter:

I would be inclined in the first instance to write to them saying that the maintenance payments were missold to you at the point of sale and were not explained. If they were optional you should have been directly asked the question whether or not you wanted them. I would then say that it amounts to the equivalent of misselling PPIlink3.gif on a loan and as such they are duty bound not only to return the money paid, but to return with interestlink3.gif at the rate of 8%.

hi, Thanks for advice wrote to home buy and asked them to come and collect TV, heard back from them this morning they acknowledged my letter but made no reference to the collection of the TV and just said any problems then to contact them via the phone? any ideas what i should do now? many thanks in advance

OK, if they're playing silly b-ggers, then two can play at that game. Put the TV in your car, take it back to the store and demand a receipt for its return. Also take a copy of all letters sent asking them to come and collect it and insist that the receipt states you have demanded the paperwork and TV be delivered to the senior manager in person, placed on his/hher desk if not immediately available and write a letter before action stating that unless you hear from them within 14 working days (careful over Easter!) you will be seeking redress through the courts.

I predict, as long as you refuse to budge one inch, that the shop will empty pretty quickly, especially if you start explaining your problems to potential customers coming up to pay, and they will have little option but to do something.

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently left the company and worked as an area manager.

Do not put any money in the TV, when your collector calls ask him to arrange a pick up. He will contact the office as you will affect his/her targets and ultimately their bonus.

Depending on the area you live I may be able to put you in contact with the regional manager for the area.

If you have been sold OMC (optional maintenance cover) without your knowledge - the company and the sales person have breached their licence.

I have a page on facebook ** Mod edit, linked removed - please see the FAQ's **

Good luck

Looking at your threads - if they have not sent your original agreement chances are they have it archived or misplaced. Without your original agreement they cannot enforce it.

Tell me when you started with them and the area you live (don't put your address).

You say that you have been paying for years - most contracts are over 156 weeks (3 years) and most loans are for 10 months.

As stated earlier if the meter has no money in it they will be forced to act.

I have worked for the two meter companies in the UK as an area manager and a debt recovery manager and I have never heard of a single person being taken to court for non payment.

If your local office is not conforming to your wishes you can contact the following at their head office

Phil Goad - Managing Director

Julie Driver - Operations Director

Raoul Charmetton - Compliance Director

Unit 44 Empire Industrial Estate

Empire Close

Aldridge

Walsall

WS9 8EX

Simply inform them you wish to have the TV picked up, if you are paying OMC (optional maintenance cover) this give you the right to return - also once you have paid a certain amount you have the right to return without question Without seeing your agreement I cannot advise on that amount but if you still have it - it will state a termination sum.

I will look at the thread daily if I can help furtherlet me know.

hi, i received a letter from them yesterday accepting that the contract had been lost and the tv contract is now over, which i assume means the tv is now mine! but they are still wanting payment for the other contracts. i want to go for the mis-selling of the maintenance cover please could you advise how to start this process. many thanks for all your help. I'm in the north Devon area if helps

You will need to right to the company and inform them you feel you have been mis-sold maintenance cover. It is supposedly optional. You will have signed for the cover on your original agreement however if it was not explained to you what the extra charge was then you may have a claim.

If your account is in arrears they may not look at your account until it is up to date. Your account may also have been rescheduled which means spread out over a longer period.

• 2 months later...

Hi just a quick update regarding my issues with HOMEBUY! since my last post i received a letter stating that my account is now in arrears however no one has been round to collect any money nor have i had any phone calls regarding payment. i recently sent off a SAR still awaiting response, but yesterday i received letters from debt collectors regarding the overdue account. i thought that if a i had informed the company stating account in dispute and sar this couldn't be passed on to debt collectors until the issues were resolved. i think i may send all paperwork off to financial ombudsman service as this is getting complicated trying to argue with them my self. am i right about the account in dispute not allowed to be passed to debt collectors? how can i get them to stop this as i don't want these cowboys to affect my credit history/score. any help advise greatly needed and appreciated, many thanks

• 1 year later...