• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

When the children reach 16, 17 or 18

shalin85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my partner currently pays for his kids to his ex. My question is this, How will the CSA know if the child is working or not living at home etc if the mother doesn't inform them? She's a nasty piece of work and it wouldn't cross her mind not to lie about such things.

Thank you.

I know that in my situation as my son turns 16 end may, that tax credits and child benefit becomes relevant here at the same time. To continue with any form of benefit the main carer has to confirm wether staying on in school/college/education etc and I have to get on with doing that in the next few days as son going into sixth form for a levels if good enough grades, or resit gcse then a levels if needs to improve to a levels.

I should imagine the parent with care has to inform the csa if the child leaves school at 16 or any overpaid monies could then be fraudulant. I have not received any letters from csa myself yet re this only tax credit and it says if child not continuing then leave not returned and payments automatically stop unless filled in re those benefits xx

Dont know wether the forms I am filling in a viewable to csa, but I presume they are.

Also I have to say dont assume ex is a nasty piece of work to extent that would likely rip you off, try the nice approach and ask her what are the plans of the child and you will know then wether to expect csa to be continued or stop. My ex husbands new partner labelled me a nasty piece of work due to the csa setting a figure viewed appropriate for my two children and I was forced back then via csa to give the information re hubby at times employment due to claiming income support. No help was offered directly at that time financially by ex and his new partner got nasty when csa took money that said only went direct to state and blamed me for being vindictive, when it was totally out of my hands, to extent for some time hubby then decided one of the children was not his all of a sudden, which he later apologised for as he was the transgressor not me.

Its amazing how nasty some new partners can be towards and ex of their partner when the csa get involved, they automatically judge the methods assessing income as in I have heard they demand new partners wage of the parent with cares ex, as collectable when I accept the new partner has no due to the children. I remember finding out some of the nastiness that went on between csa and hubby and what was told to his new partner due to stress and him trying to placate the anger of the new partner. He years later apologised that this was felt by me and says I have done a good job with his children, he has now grown up and is making good progress appreciated by his children, who have always apprecaited wether I got the money as is now the case with benefit claimants or not for the majority of the years when it was rightly at that time eaten by the dwp, but the kids new their dad paid for them either way.

She used to abuse me over the phone and accuse me of taking her money and as a result caused great distress that she wanted what she creepily kept refering to her children. Turned out she couldnt have kids personally and thought my kids were an imediate family for her. She personally had a screw loose. The police were involved, warned her off, recorded her calls, so I add sometimes the problem is not the parent with care, but the anger of a new partner of an ex who realises there is baggage they hadnt bargained for wether that is fair or not as deemed by csa, it is not my place to say.

So I say again try the nice approach and you might find you answer readily given from the parent with care xx

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

hi, first of all, thank you for replying.

We have no contact, at her request. She didn't want to know my partner until she was short of money and contacted the csa when the kids were 12 and 8.

Previous to this, she denied my partner dna tests (there was always doubt) and then told him she had the kids tested with the other man she was cheating on my partner with, and (she said) the results came back as the kids were this other mans. It's a really long story. So my partner left the home and moved away, started a new life, met me and we've now got kids of our own.

With that kind of history and the things she has been saying about how she gets money for nothing and blatently boasting about how she's fiddling the benefit system etc. You must understand that we know what she's like and she is a nasty peice of work. She's even admitted to us that she only had the kids to get money because at the time my partner was earning 'big bucks' (her words). She openly admitted to lying about being on the pill.

The woman infuriates me with her attitude and lying.

You can imagine my partners reaction after being told they weren't his, 8 years later, a letter pops through the door demanding money for them after all that time.

Sorry for rambling, i just know she wont inform the csa of any changes if it involves her 'losing out'

Thank you.

Well I understand there are nasty parents with care as well. The only thing I can suggest is your partner rings the csa and asks what will happen due to your concerns.

I had pill issue with my second child too, I didnt know ex had new partner and he I suppose had to tell her he wasnt well you know with me and thats how she assumed the second child was not his and he had to play along. Thing was my epilepsy meds at the time were knocking the pill out and well nature took its course.

p.s. If you want a giggle I found out because he called out her name on one occassion !!!!!!! So he obviously loved her.

But in any case you have rights too, so get onto the csa if she wont tell you. I would think any payments made in error would have to be refunded to your partner so she could get into a lot of trouble if falsely claiming.

Best wishes and hope you get your answers xx

• 2 weeks later...