• Tweets

• Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
    • Peter McCormack says the huge investment by the twins will help Real Bedford build a new ground.View the full article
    • I emailed both. Tarry's came back "Please note that I have now left the business. Please contact Matthew Barnes ([email protected])  going forward" so will send to him.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kensington Mortgage Claim For Arrears Charges

nevos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kensington Mortgage-Claim For Arrears Charges.

Have started a claim against Kensington for unfair charges such as failed DD, late payment charges which, amount to around 20% of the original second mortgage loan..working on the particulars of claim and will post it here today or tomorrow..

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi 42man,

Thanks and will keep updating..:-)

Having a run in with GE Money here

and yet another one with GE mid April...

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

• 3 weeks later...

This is great. I would like to do the same. I dont have my house now because I was bullied out of it by KM. I took 5.720.00 loan out on 21 October 2004. Am I too late to claim back charges? I also took the claim out through Prestige Finance Ltd who arranged the re-mortgage and then passed me onto Kensington Mortgages. They took me to court and said I owed 7 months arrears when I only in fact owed 3 months. I lost my home of 10 years at the hands of these people am I too late to strike back. ??

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Elliebes, Sorry to hear your problem and for not answering your post for a while..due to being quite busy.. I'm not sure you can do anything now as I've read threads stating when the agreement is expired or not in force you can't do anything however, I could be totally wrong on this and you may well be able to try..I filed my claim before the agreement expired..

I'm wondering if enough folk feel badly done to then, maybe we can send reports to the FSA and ask them to investigate??

Perhaps a wiser one could throw some light on this and if Elliebes can claim???

Update:

Kensington have made an offer with confidentiality thrown in however, I didn't feel it was enough so, have replied with a counter offer and no confidentiality..to date nothing and the AQ is going in today..they have filed a defence which at some point I'll outline here.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

thanks for replying and its no problem. I will never forget the way they hounded and hounded and hounded me and wore me down. I had a heart attack with the stress of it all. Wonder if I can get them for that? Yes I think we should again collate stuff and send it to the FSA.

Actually the Ombudsman is well aware of my case and has kept my case open for me to reapply because they made a cock-up of my paperwork when I sent all my bumf to them 5 years ago just before I left the country. they said they never received it and the guy dealing with my cliaim when contacted 2 years later said my paperwork had been filed under a different number. All I have to do is dispute the KM response letter. Im sick to the stomach on anything to do with KM I cant read the letter because it brings it all back.

My daughter who works has a managerial job in RBS said I only ever owed them 2 months and they tricked me into owing 3 months so they could move towards reposession. When they took me to court they said I owed 7 months and on the financial statements for the court they have omitted payments I made earlier in the year to make it look like I owed 7 months. But because it was made by payment book I cant PROVE i paid those payments.

This mortgage lender is untouchable by anyone. I think its about time they met their Nemisis.

• 2 weeks later...

Im out of time anyway to go after KM for anything as I signed the contract with them in 2004. They moved to repossess in 2006. I lost a 125.000 home for the sake of a 5,500 loan when I had to sell it to stop KM from getting their grubby hands on it. But I only managed to get back the deposit I paid in the end back in 1995. But I was forced into doing this or I would have ended up with nothing whatsoever. The CAB were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and the DSS were just as bad sticking by their rules.

Quite frankly it makes me ill to read their final response letter to the Ombudsman because its all full of lies.

Again I have said I dont know how these people have still managed to continue to trade. If you can get them UH then go after them.

14A Special time limit for negligence actions where facts relevant to cause of action are not known at date of accrual.E+W

(1)This section applies to any action for damages for negligence, other than one to which section 11 of this Act applies, where the starting date for reckoning the period of limitation under subsection (4)(b) below falls after the date on which the cause of action accrued.

(2)Section 2 of this Act shall not apply to an action to which this section applies.

(3)An action to which this section applies shall not be brought after the expiration of the period applicable in accordance with subsection (4) below.

(4)That period is either—

(a)six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued; or

(b)three years from the starting date as defined by subsection (5) below, if that period expires later than the period mentioned in paragraph (a) above.

(5)For the purposes of this section, the starting date for reckoning the period of limitation under subsection (4)(b) above is the earliest date on which the plaintiff or any person in whom the cause of action was vested before him first had both the knowledge required for bringing an action for damages in respect of the relevant damage and a right to bring such an action.

(6)In subsection (5) above “the knowledge required for bringing an action for damages in respect of the relevant damage” means knowledge both—

(a)of the material facts about the damage in respect of which damages are claimed; and

(b)of the other facts relevant to the current action mentioned in subsection (8-) below.

(7)For the purposes of subsection (6)(a) above, the material facts about the damage are such facts about the damage as would lead a reasonable person who had suffered such damage to consider it sufficiently serious to justify his instituting proceedings for damages against a defendant who did not dispute liability and was able to satisfy a judgment.

(8-)The other facts referred to in subsection (6)(b) above are—

(a)that the damage was attributable in whole or in part to the act or omission which is alleged to constitute negligence; and

(b)the identity of the defendant; and

©if it is alleged that the act or omission was that of a person other than the defendant, the identity of that person and the additional facts supporting the bringing of an action against the defendant.

(9)Knowledge that any acts or omissions did or did not, as a matter of law, involve negligence is irrelevant for the purposes of subsection (5) above.

(10)For the purposes of this section a person’s knowledge includes knowledge which he might reasonably have been expected to acquire—

(a)from facts observable or ascertainable by him; or

(b)from facts ascertainable by him with the help of appropriate expert advice which it is reasonable for him to seek;

but a person shall not be taken by virtue of this subsection to have knowledge of a fact ascertainable only with the help of expert advice so long as he has taken all reasonable steps to obtain (and, where appropriate, to act on) that advice.

Linky:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58

Hi,

I feel very sad about the way we have all been treated by these companies and to read peoples individual stories not only on CAG but also from friends of friends..

We have never tried to dodge our responsibility to pay our debts however, most have either treated us with contempt or simply flexed their muscles to cause us maximum damage and hardship..

Can't thank the tireless helpers on this site enough and we will always appreciate them..

This being said then, just go for it you might find they cave in quite quickly..read what you can, ask for help and definately start your own thread, this way you will be in a better position to be helped..

I feel quite happy this week ! GE next ...

Make Cash Flow Forecast

thanks nevos....oh the irony Im volunteering for the CAB but Ive discovered not all CABs are equal. I might see what I can do and will try to read what I can. My brain is suffering from information overload at the moment.

To be honest I dont even know what Im going after them for other than they harassed me out of my home, lied on the document to the courts about how much I owed (I didnt contest this I was beaten) and probably charges on my bill for none payment.

Where do I start? yes I will create a new thread I think..

• 4 weeks later...

thanks nevos....oh the irony Im volunteering for the CAB but Ive discovered not all CABs are equal. I might see what I can do and will try to read what I can. My brain is suffering from information overload at the moment. To be honest I dont even know what Im going after them for other than they harassed me out of my home, lied on the document to the courts about how much I owed (I didnt contest this I was beaten) and probably charges on my bill for none payment. Where do I start? yes I will create a new thread I think.. -------------------

Hi Elliebes..sorry have been busy lately and not replied to your post. I.m not sure if you can do anything about it retrospectively as your agreement will have been terminated though, I guess you might be able to file some kind of compensation claim if you can put it all together what happened and make a case.

Did you just let them take it or could you not pay the loan or something? was it a second mortgage? Good luck with CAB..

Make Cash Flow Forecast

thanks. Ive decided to not bother and let it go.

I did take out a loan based on my equity and they did do a lot of lying things to get their grubby hands on my home but in the end due to being pushed into selling my home in an online AUCTION to stop them getting their hands on it was my only option at the time its just going to be a whole load of stress that I dont need. This was 6 years ago.

I beat them in the end but to my detriment. I wouldnt recommend doing what I did but if your desperate its another option to pull the rug out from under them. They thought they were going to foreclose on my home and got their eye wiped. Ok yes they got back their mortgage and the loan payment but they wouldnt have been able to make any further profit from it. :-D

Im rehoused now albeit rented but I will never own another property again on this basis and I dont want to Im happy with renting.

Home ownership is not what its cracked up to be unless your loaded.

I will just warn people in the future not to take out ANYTHING with KENSINGTON MORTGAGES. :-(

Thanks for your input. :wink:

man 42 is right go for it... They are trying to settle disputes amicably to avoid the FSA after getting some hefty fines..

Make Cash Flow Forecast

• 1 year later...
Kensington have acknowledged service of the claim, thats it for now..

Can you tell me which solicitors you used ? I am about to start a claim against London Scottish. I have £1500 in set up fees on my secured loan plus over £2000 in late fess ect. The loan was for £8k and 5 years on I owe over £11k still. Cheers

Hi,

Been some time since I posted here:

cazkenny2000

I did it myself as they had added charges of ( from memory) around £1250 or so over a period of time, just before the end of the loan I hit them with a county court claim..they came back with an offer of 900, I refused to accept it then, I thought perhaps I should have anyway, they came back with the full amount.

I might add that, to pay off the loan was £2500 within the settlement I agreed to pay the balance £1250 within 14 days..end of story and adios Kensington..I just had got some tax back..

Hope this helps, I had found a lot of info on CAJ especially where they had all got fined in to the millions for not helping people..did the trick..

Thanks.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

... I had found a lot of info on caj especially where they had all got fined in to the millions for not helping people..did the trick..

Thanks.

[/color]

caj?????