With-holding evidence?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a friend who was caught by mobile camera doing 49 in a 40mph zone. We sent letters off to the traffic office asking for all the relevent info that they had, i.e. copy of officers notes, photograph, caliberation certificate etc... they sent back the photo and page one of the caliberation certificate, I know for a fact that these certificates have two pages, the second page giving the date of caliberation etc... no other evidence was forth coming where in their letter they stated that all evidence would be available at court. If he had a solicitor representing him that solicitor would be privy to ALL the documents in relation to the alleged offence but they will not supply ALL to someone who wishes to defend themselves. Surely this is an offence in it self of With-holding evidence?

Anyway, we drafted another letter stating this and the fact they had not supplied page 2 of the caliberation certificate, their reply I found quite astonishing as they stated they would not provide a copy of page 2 as the camera is owned by some company and that page two belongs to them not the police and that no further corres will be forth coming.

If the Police are using this camera to catch speeding motorists then surely they have a duty to provide all evidence. How can they say that the document belongs to an outside agency when the police are using the equipment?

Sorry for the long winded thread but I got on a roll lol

Any thoughts on this please???

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.