Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2010

Default old tesco/RBS loan - help

Hi all,
    Best wishes to all caggers,

I have a loan with Tesco that we have been paying by arrangement. I suddenly received several nasty-o-grams from Moorcrap, so I wrote and asked for my CCA. They have replied with an aknowledgement and saying they have passed my request to the client. They go on to say:

"We believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to court action or further investigation.

To this end can you provide an indication of the information will be relying on, when you will be giving evidence to the court or information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of this account.

Please could you provide this information by return as this will ensure that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible thereby minimizing potential costs and delays."

Are they serious? or are they rubbing home the fact that "you will be giving evidence in court" as a frightener?
    Do they want a checklist i.e prescribed terms, interest rates, right to cancel, etc., so that they can get it right?

I am thinking of replying and quoting a few random legal case studies to give them something to think about.

If they start harassing me with no good reason and threatening court/home visits, when we haven't got any money, I might as well fight them.

Should I reply or ignore?

Cheers,

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Moorcroft - received CCA request ... please tell us what you will rely on in court ???

Default Re: Moorcroft - received CCA request ... please tell us what you will rely on in court ???

LOL this is their latest ploy, as you say to put the idea of court in your head.
    It's nonsensical, the information you would be relying on should you go to court is dependant on their response to the CCA Requesticon.

Ignore

Elsa x

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I][B]PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX[/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna][I][B]Please check out my [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?180-Debt-Threats-a-quick-self-help-guide"]BLOG [/URL]for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:[/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][COLOR=black]All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.[/COLOR][/I][/FONT]
    [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna][B]Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorange][B]Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you . [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    Follows
    Following

It is your legal right to request a CCA at any time. They are trying to intimidate you so a complaint to TS, OFT & the FSA wouldn't be amiss.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi all,
    Moorcroft wrote again saying that they are unhappy that MIDS contacted us whilst we are waiting for our CCA Requesticon to be fulfilled. No apology though.

I have now sent the official dispute letter to Moorcroft as no CCA has appeared after 14+2 working days.

Will let you know what happens if I get the CCA.

Cheers,

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

This is not new - Moorcroft have been using it for years. There's no need to reply; it's a template letter designed to make people think that making a perfectly legal and reasonable request will trigger some sort of court action. Like everything else DCAs push out, it's all pish and wind.

If 'MIDS' referred to above is Midas Legal Services, they are just a trading name of Moorcroft.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Scarlet,

I'll just wait for the CCA if it comes.
    Cheers,

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

Are you sitting comfortably with several large 'classics' to read - you could be in for a long wait!!

Every journey begins with a single step

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: Moorcroft - Tesco CCA request - signature needed?

Hi Caggers, onward and upward!

No response to my CCA Requesticon, so I wrote to Moorcrap in March putting the account in dispute as I have not had a CCA in the 14+2 days.

I have had a letter from Moorcrap in April saying that their client's procedures won't let them provide a CCA without a signed request, and as my letter was unsigned, they are unable to complete my request at this time, providing me with a stamped addressed envelope for my reply, and suspending the account for 28 days.

I would be grateful for answers to the following:

1) Is my dispute still valid?

2) Should I send a signature or leave my initial request as it is?

3) Should I wait for the 28 days, or reply now?

4) Does this now mean that they have another 28 days to "find" a CCA and try and wriggle out of the 14+2 requirement?

Words can't express my thanks to you guys on this site! Well done!

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

Hi say to them no requirement for a signature on CCA Requesticon and if they are not sure that you are the person they are pursuing for this debt then they can take a hike.

No requirement for you to wait further than the 12+2 working days that is the requirement for a CCA Requesticon they have defaulted and can go forth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Roadster View Post
    Hi Caggers, onward and upward!

No response to my CCA Requesticon, so I wrote to Moorcrap in March putting the account in dispute as I have not had a CCA in the 14+2 days.

I have had a letter from Moorcrap in April saying that their client's procedures won't let them provide a CCA without a signed request, and as my letter was unsigned, they are unable to complete my request at this time, providing me with a stamped addressed envelope for my reply, and suspending the account for 28 days.

I would be grateful for answers to the following:

1) Is my dispute still valid?

2) Should I send a signature or leave my initial request as it is?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...o-no-signature

3) Should I wait for the 28 days, or reply now?

4) Does this now mean that they have another 28 days to "find" a CCA and try and wriggle out of the 14+2 requirement?

Words can't express my thanks to you guys on this site! Well done!
    Hi RR

I've stuck a link in for the relevant letter as there's no legal requirement for a signature

R

I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...le-!&highlight=
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks everyone,

I have sent the no signature required letter back in their prepaid envelope.
    Overto you Moorcrap!

Cheers everyone,

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

they do try it on dont they, I would personally not even have wasted a stamp on a reply

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly
    ---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi PGH,

I used their already stamped envelope (bright yellow) addressed by them to their Compliance Dept (work experience kids?).
    I think that the no signature letter is a good one and will give them something to think about.
    They are definitely floundering.

They started the fight!

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

I'm Jealous I never got a bright yellow envelope, and defo not stamped

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly
    ---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel
    Follows
    Following

Moorcroft..the Zanussi of the DCAicon world...."The Science of Compliance"

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I][B]PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX[/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna][I][B]Please check out my [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?180-Debt-Threats-a-quick-self-help-guide"]BLOG [/URL]for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:[/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][COLOR=black]All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.[/COLOR][/I][/FONT]
    [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna][B]Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorange][B]Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you . [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

That's a good one Elsa,

PGH: Wonder why the bright yellow envelope? Perhaps it's a warning - Cagger alert.

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Feb 2011

Hi Rocky,

Have you heard any further from Moorcrap?

I'm in the same position, received one of those letters following my CCA Requesticon, asking for me to tell them what I need to rely on in court. It's exactly the same letter, word for word, so obviously just some standard drivle they produce.

I'm not sure if it's crossed your mind Rocky but the bit that got me thinking is "we duly confirm we have requested the relevant documentation from our client"....hold on, I thought if Moorcrap now own the debt, that Moorcrap would be in possession of all the documents themselves and so wouldn't need to contact the original creditor???? After all, that's why I sent Moorcrap the CCA Requesticon, otherwise I would have sent it to the OC. Can anyone advise on this please?

Basic Account Holder

Hi Big Shoooz,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I haven't heard any more from Moorcrap since I sent my last letter.
    I think that they are agents for the OC. Others have said that they don't buy debts, so I might hear from them with a CCA eventually.

Of course things change and I am sure that they will be out to make money however they can.
    Will keep you posted.

Rocky
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2010

Wonder why the bright yellow envelope?
    I had a few yellow envelopes from moorcroft myself recently. I refer to them as 'lemon' yellow.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details