• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

JD V Nationwide **WON**

jdonaldson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Prelim letter sent today for £417 :)

Will keep ya updated

CAPITAL ONE Amount owed £480+ interest £52.95

Prelim 10th July 06

Reply with £12 difference offer of £168 27 July 06 Replied 9th Aug 06

Another reply from them 25th Aug 06 LBA sent 9 Sept 06

Reply of last offer for £168 received 28th Sept

Finally filed court papers 4 July 2007

NATIONWIDE Amount owed £507 + interest £27.98 WON :D

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

BANK OF SCOTLAND Amount owed £275 SETTLED IN FULL

Prelim sent 14 Oct 06 Offered half refund 28th Oct 06

Sent letter refusing part payemnt 31 Oct 06

Full refund sent in a cheque from BOS on 3rd Nov 06

• 1 month later...

LBA sent and replied to - ususal guff!

Going to do court thing when get paid next week - concerned for a couple of reasons, keppting a parchute account is going to be a pain as had several accounts over the years as have moved when a bank has annoyed me!! Have rubbish credit rating sur to old debits that are now being paid off...

But anyway my question is, going to file court things next week but have 2 fees of £30 each pending to come out 30/10/06 should I add them into the claim underpending - or just leave them out of it?

Cheers

Prelim 10th July 06

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

Putting in the small claims papers tomorrow at the court. Decided not to claim the 2 pending charges as probably can't do that. But will hopefuly get them back after it!

Have written toHalifax where I had an old current account to see if they will let me use it again (for when the lovely nationwide closes my account)

I assume when they close your main account they also close any savings ones you have with them too? Is a bit huffy and silly of them really to be losing buisness!

Anyway wish me luck and I hope that I get the money back ASAP as it is essential living expenses money I am using to put in the claim :(

Prelim 10th July 06

Good luck ;) My claim on Nationwide was served on 10th Oct and they have said they'll defend. Currently playing the waiting game!

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

Well that is the small claims papers lodged at the court today - so they have 29 days to respond!

Fingers crossed :D

Prelim 10th July 06

when I got my payout the actually included the additional charges that I was about to receive for the last month or so. So I didn't have to claim then later. Very nice of Mr Bacon.

I have only had a letter saying they are closing my current account not my savings.

As said before I plan leaving a few pence in the current account and the esavings account just so they have to process a small cheque. How petty!!

• Haha 1

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Cheers for the info - waiting to hear back from Halifax about my old account with them to see if I can use it or not...

If not will ahve to look more into a parachute account :o/

But oh yes I will be leaving something in the nationwide...would £6.66 be appropriate ;)

Prelim 10th July 06

• 3 weeks later...

Had delay with claim due to the court taking a week to send out the papers for me to sign saying it was ok to lodge it in an English court. Sent them back this week.

Anyone any ideas on how long it will then take for the court to send these off and start the claim? No doingit online btw.

Also couldn't use the halifax account as was defaulted and so it will be closed once reaches a zero balance :( Applied online for Abbey yesterday not expecting a yes but first ne to try then no idea where to go next :s

Good news thoguh yesterday got £275 from Bank of Scotland Credit card with only 2 letters :D

Prelim 10th July 06

JD

From posting the papers they post it the next day to NW and it is deemed served 2 days after that. In both my cases it took them 7 days from being served to acknowledge, defend and pay up.

I opened a CoOp basic account (Electron card), Allaiance - Leicester account (Electron and cheque book) and basic RBOS account.

Try them.

Well done on the BOS credit card, its nice when they stump up.

Cheers for advice :)

Just phoned the courts and the papers have been sent, they have until 5th December to respond. I asked if I will be informed if they acknowledge it or intend to defend, she said they would contqact me.

So guess I just have to be patient :(

btw how did you know they were paying it back? Did the money just appear in your account or did they write to you (NW or the Court?)

Prelim 10th July 06

btw how did you know they were paying it back? Did the money just appear in your account or did they write to you (NW or the Court?)

If your account is still open it will just appear about 5 days after them being served and a couple of days later you will get the letter for NW then another couple of days and the court will tell you they have acknowledged and defended.

If the account is closed you will get the cheque with the letter about 7 days after being served.

I chequed my account a couple of times aday and what joy you have when suddenly your balance has jumped up.

Will keep checking it...hate having to do it to get that dissapointed feeling thoguh!!

Prelim 10th July 06

new thread jsut to say I have the feeling there are several of us out there with our own threads who ahve submitted the papers to the courts and are just waiting...

I did mine a week or so ago and jsut want to know when I will hear and get some money!!

Anyone else waiting?

:)

Prelim 10th July 06

My claim was served on Fri 3 Nov. I looked at my bank a couple of hours ago and £610.10 has appeared as a credit by cheque. I think this is the start of the payout.

---------------------------------------------------

Nationwide

Prelim sent 18/09/06

Revised prelim sent 26/09/06

LBA sent 11/10/06

N1 filed 30/10/06 served 3/11/06

Part payment £610.10 received 8/11/06

AQ filed 22/12/06

Cap One

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 20/09/06

Prelim sent 18/10/06

LBA sent 3/11/06

Barclaycard

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 14/09/06 Microfiche excuse

Response sent 18/09/06

Lloyds TSB (oh)

prelim sent 19/09/06

Revised prelim sent 26/09/06

LBA sent 11/10/06

N1 filed 30/10/06 served 3/11/06

Cap One (oh)

S.A.R sent 08/09/06

Reply 20/09/06

Prelim sent 18/10/06

LBA sent 3/11/06

Guest Partypip

Me waiting too.

Mine was issued too on 3rd Nov, MCOL, acknowledged 8th Nov, but nothing in my account yet. :mad:

It's an emotional roller coaster, Who else checks their account 20 times a day, and thinks they will be the first one that gets to court with this. :o

hmmm...post just arrived with all the papers from he small claims court. Says that my application was re-issued on the 8th November and the new return date for a response is 20th December :o/

What happend to the 29 days from when it is served :(

Prelim 10th July 06

Guest Partypip

THEY PAID UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£3500.00 HAS GONE IN THIS MORNING, JUST UNDER HALF OF WHAT I AM CLAIMING

More to come, and Im sure it will

Thanks guys, donation WILL be done !!

I just checked MCOL

says : Issued 6th of November

What does this mean? How long does it take for them to accept the claim normally? Just trying to get an idea of time scales etc.

I had the court paper through the other day, still nothing as yet....

Well done on your win!

Dave

Nothing ever simple for me!

Got papers from the courts this morning, even though I took them to the court on the 20th Oct, add to that the delay in then sending me back a form so it could be served in England, it only got sent to the nationwide yesterday. And is not up until 20th December as apparently they get 6 weeks to respond as it is out of the area (or something)

So have to wait even longer now :(

Prelim 10th July 06

Nothing ever simple for me!

Got papers from the courts this morning, even though I took them to the court on the 20th Oct, add to that the delay in then sending me back a form so it could be served in England, it only got sent to the nationwide yesterday. And is not up until 20th December as apparently they get 6 weeks to respond as it is out of the area (or something)

So have to wait even longer now :(

This may be a learning for other from outside England to post the English N1 form direct to the English court as that seams to be the standard 14 days to acknowledge then 28 days to file defence.

could you cancel the one you have started and send it direct? I am in Scotland and just posted it to an English court all very quick.

Sorry for your delay.

Thanks for the advice, think next time I will try and do it online if I have access to a card and use sisters address in England (I think you can do this!)

But I will try and be patient here, I will (hopefully) be getting the money before Chrsitmas so thoguh :)

Prelim 10th July 06

Thanks for the advice, think next time I will try and do it online if I have access to a card and use sisters address in England (I think you can do this!)

Yes, you can do this.

But I will try and be patient here, I will (hopefully) be getting the money before Chrsitmas so thoguh :)

Hopefully. They tend to payout about 7 days after the case is issued

good luck