Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: For everyone who feels like giving up - Please read this and take heart x

Totally agreed citizanB, Just knowing the support was there helped me. This site makes such a difference ! I'll be (like loads of others ) checking future posts to see if

I can help !

Default Re: For everyone who feels like giving up - Please read this and take heart x

I don't pretend that I know most of the answers, but sometimes it can help to ask questions, especially if there isn't much info. Even if I don't know how to deal with the situation it can start the ball rolling, and as CB says, help peeps feel that they aren't alone.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.
    Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007
    Smile 1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received 1,000.50 14/7/06 + 20 30/7/06
    Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

None of us can know everything some of know a lot,some of us know nothing.
    some of us know a little together we can be wise.

Thumbs up Re: For everyone who feels like giving up - Please read this and take heart x

Im happy for you its never easy dealing with debt collecters at the best of times and god knows they tend to be ignorent even when youve got good reasons,why you shouldnt pay any money such as a dispute with the crediter theyre acting for believe me i know and because of that ive looked into the guidlines from the oft
    and for future reference and anyone whose unfortunate enough to be on the recieving end of them DCAicon`s are not allowed to just turn up at your door and if they do if you tell them its not convienant they have to go away without question and pre`arrange a time that suits you other`wise its harrassment the same applies
    to a barrage of phone callsicon and again they are obliged to respect your right ether to call at a time that suits you or not at all if you tell them letters only and,as 4
    talking to neighbours thats well illigal `pardn my spelling ... trust me they can get into hot water for that and i`ll bet they never put that in black and white to you
    coz if they did your entitle to register a complaint to the O F T and theyd get theyre knuckles wrapped .. i dont know if im allowed to post links or uploadicon here as
    im fairly new here and ive not done any posts here but i hope i can point people in the direction to two pdfs from the oft on the guidelines for collecting debt and,
    whats legal and not legal when designing those famous debt letters that they send out to countless people in debt through no fault of theyre own and, those like me who on the recieving end of companys who will go to any lengths to avoid their ain faults whatever they might be,,ps your an inspiration to keep fighting ms meerkat loads of respect to you ... crazydj

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for sharing that lovely story Mr and Mrs Meerkat. Sad , uplifting and thoughtful and inspirational . I can goto sleep easier tonight. Big love x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details