• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Adverse Credit Why?

beetle101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi new to this. Have bad credit (don't know why). I have checked files nothing unusal. Only went into bank the other day and they were extremely they wouldn't even put us down for an interview (regards loan)? Been banking with them for 12 years now! Want to know if there are any credit repairs negiotiators out there who could help sort out why this is happening to us.

:|

Over the years all the bad stuff has dropped of my credit file but my score is terrible still. So I managed to get a Credit card (with a stupid high interest rate) and spend a small amount every month on it , paying it back on time every month and finally my score has started to increase. There is only a tiny limit on it and you need to be able to afford to pay the balance back every month for it to work but it seems to be working for me.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

this thread is 7 years old so start a new one. also dont make assumptions. You think youhave bad credit, then why do you think that and what does your credit files say that draws you to that conclusion.

Ask another bank for a loan interview and see what they say. You dotn have to put all your eggs in one basket

cripes i didn't realise the thread was that old

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

please start a new thread

and i'l move these posts to it for you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 10 months later...

I am an internet shopper. 

As I get older it is more convenient for me to shop online than go into town. (Too many people and oaps slow pace dont mix).

when internet shopping came about.  I was thrilled.

I got my card specifically for the internet.

Details I gave were for deliveries etc. 

Then it started asking my DOB and other Bank Financial Details. 

Been hacked before so was told by the Police that if you give your name number and address. 

DO GIVE OUT YOUR DOB AND BANK DETAILS. 

All neccessary tools for ID FRAUD.

why in hades is Mastercard starting to put up this mastercode which can be seen by anyone who hacks a pc.

asking for your Cards code, DOB and Digital reference. 

Which will give any hacker an authorised way into your bank details. 

Thankfully my card is not linked to my bank.

But under the Police Uk guidelines I will not give out my details. 

Hence I am being told by, Avon cosmetics, Iceland and other stores that I cannot receive the goods because I will not give out those details.

Please stop we are giving you too much information as it is and are leaving ourselves opened to be hacked and bank accounts tampered with by iD FRAUDSTERS. 

anyone else of the same opinion?

Yes I mean that one.  We are all aware that hackers can home in on your webpage and see whatever you put into those Boxes e.g DOB and digital signature that we keep on our password Database.

This with the name and address on the Billing is a mecca for ID Fraud and using the Digital Code we give on the securcore page will give them instant access to our bank accounts. 

I have had several 'friends,' regale stories of woe and financial disruption due to people being able to get in their accounts after finding out their digital secure codes that the Banks/financial institutions have issued.  I have even heard that some hackers will (once they have access to your IP Address - Location), will build up a false page when you pay for goods.  This way they are sure to get hold of the details and therefore access to you accounts, which they then transfer funds from.  More than this the banks have said to people that it is OUR FAULT because we gave out our digital securecode therefore we gave them authorisation to withdraw, so we are liable for the debt they've incurred against us.  We didn't we  just tried to make an online purchase!!!!

Another site began the App phase of it digital revolution and lo and behold many users could not even access their accounts why because they reckoned that their digital securecode was wrong.  They had not changed it the hackers did and therefore anything they did on the false webpage was tracked by the hackers and again transfer of funds seemed to be approved.  Although the original account holder was not aware and did not authorise it.

In light of this and I have found if we put in our details on securecode it is implied that we give immediate consent to having a susbscribed account which costs £15 per month from these people. so as I said.  I do not wish to subscribe or give my digital code out to anyone.  Bad enough if they get my name and address.  Not to mention my DOB.  The Police have told me that if I do make purchases over the net I give my name and address and the card details.  I DO NOT GIVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE MY DOB OR MY DIGITAL SECURECODE.  it would be like given the crimminals an open invitation to steal from my account. 

So why is the M*****Card people making the Retailers insist on having these details to rob us.  Could it be that the banks believe if you have money to spend then you should give it to them instead?  As they seem hellbent on making you pay for goods that you did not buy enjoy or approve of.

It like being done over twice once by the hackers and a second time by the Banks/financial institutions. Effectively we are giving the hackers money to rob us.

Edited by beetle101

1 hour ago, beetle101 said:

Yes I mean that one.  We are all aware that hackers can home in on your webpage and see whatever you put into those Boxes e.g DOB and digital signature that we keep on our password Database.

This with the name and address on the Billing is a mecca for ID Fraud and using the Digital Code we give on the securcore page will give them instant access to our bank accounts. 

This is wrong, "hackers" don't just go onto these webpages and see what you type in. In most cases it will be down to a compromised computer or a data breach (but then most data is encrypted for this reason and any good company that uses encryption will make it so it can't just be brute forced.) There are various ways that people get compromised without even knowing it and this tends to be what the issue is and that is the end user, they may download an email attachment like a PDF or image that will then either launch a browser asking for some details to see the attachment whilst looking like a legitimate log in page etc or it will inject the PC with some form of script like a key logger or RAT, that can be utilized at a later date.

If you have your online banking set up correctly these days there is still information that a hacker won't simply be able to steal, like the pass code that requires you to go through drop down boxes to complete a phrase, these are designed to not ask for a certain % of the word.

I have had several 'friends,' regale stories of woe and financial disruption due to people being able to get in their accounts after finding out their digital secure codes that the Banks/financial institutions have issued.

As above chances are they have infected devices as most if not all banks now have MFA (Multi Factory Authentication) and this should be set up whenever you have the chance and 9 out of 10 times these MFA systems will give you one time use codes.

I have even heard that some hackers will (once they have access to your IP Address - Location), will build up a false page when you pay for goods.  This way they are sure to get hold of the details and therefore access to you accounts, which they then transfer funds from. 

This is most likely hearsay, so much wrong with this statement, look into various types of hacks, phishing and social engineering and you will understand why.

I DO NOT GIVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE MY DOB OR MY DIGITAL SECURECODE

Can't say unless I have bought something on credit or an item that is age restricted I have never had to give a DOB at checkout, again if "hackers" are getting this information from your computer when filling in forms changes are you are the infected party and nothing to do with the site, that is why SSL certificates, encryption and various other defenses exist.

It is all about getting educated, the amount of older people I have spoken too regarding this they get scared to use the computer as they see all these campaigns about staying sage online etc they dare use it, and when they are finally forced to do something online they don't know what to do and how to stay safe.

I do ALOT of online ordering from sites within the UK, US, China etc and not once had an issue with getting compromised. It is all about being vigulent and preemptive, install a decent anti virus with in browser protection and read into it more.

Sorry guys as I said in the beginning i'm an OAP so I still remember the Dolls Eye Switchboards (thats how old I am with tech). 

But as to the above sorry guys not an exaggeration.

Have a friend on the force.

Worked all over the world tech wise.

Showed me on a laptop not a mere 15 houses from mine how easy it was for them to track and copy what webpages I went to.

I am not saying securcode is easy to get into but basic hackers can read with digital readers (the kind they use on ATMs to copy card pincodes), what we put on our supposedly secured webpage. Anyone know there is now a lock indicator on webpage browsers. These are not always grey locked (this site is grey).  But as I understand it, the lock should be green. So webpage hackable I'm afraid.

As I said DOB and digital signature as they call it.  Should not be given if you have already supplied and given your name and address. Oh and as for the other stuff see latest from Watchdog/Which Uk on Cashplus and Nat West even they admit failures on this.

But well worth noting that they have bloggers who empatically deny this but the banks still charge the victims to pay back whats been stolen off them!  Maybe old but hopefully not senile yet

2 minutes ago, beetle101 said:

But as to the above sorry guys not an exaggeration. Have a friend on the force. Worked all over the world tech wise. Showed me on a laptop not a mere 15 houses from mine how easy it was for them to track and copy what webpages I went to.

The only way this would be possible is if your laptop or network was compromised, the fact he is 15 houses away I if he had a decent external antenna he would be able to latch onto your Wi-Fi network, either by knowing the password, brute force attack or a WPS attack. The attack he would have been doing is known as a man in the middle attack. I could sit in a cafe and spoof a wireless network that everyone connects to thinking it is the real one but in fact all their details would pass through me first.

5 minutes ago, beetle101 said:

I am not saying securcode is easy to get into but basic hackers can read with digital readers (the kind they use on ATMs to copy card pincodes), what we put on our supposedly secured webpage.

This is complete nonsense. You need to learn how SSL and data encryption works before stating this, very little is transmitted in plain text especially from banks, you do realize there are standards that they need to meet, the weakest link is the end user and that is where 99% of attacks happen.

7 minutes ago, beetle101 said:

These are not always grey locked (this site is grey).  But as I understand it, the lock should be green. So webpage hackable I'm afraid.

Again this is wrong, it all depends what browser you are using and if you are using any 3rd party services. This webpage has a valid certificate till 2020, I could say any website is hackable even with a certificate if you know how to do it but with all the various failsafes by the time someone tried to get in somewhere they shouldn't do chances are they would get shut out of the system before any damage was done and even if they did all the data is encrypted and they would need the key to decrypt it.

PIXel 92.  Thanks for the feedback.  That’s what I have been trying to say. We OAPs are getting kinda stuck in our ways.  We believe that the things places we sign up to are the genuine article.

Its not until you youngster explain the dangers to us like your middle man café network that we realise we are not as secured as we thought when shopping.  Suddenly having to trapse down to the supermarkets/shops and having to wait ages for a taxi/cab to lug it home with is arduous but simpler as the only thing we might get lifted is our purses instead of our life savings.

As for complete nonense seeing watchdog BBC PROGRAM on internet banking. Uk.  Or Rip of Britain Tv Program Season 9 Episode 2 with Gloria Huniford, Angel Rippon and Julia Summerville.

They highlighted such internet scams and fraudulent access to monies via online websites and [problematic] telephone calls

. I am not technically minded but its not impossible it is being done and we OAP’s (who believe that Tv news is all real) are getting ripped off.

All I am saying is that we seem to be giving too much personal information over the internet for retailers just to sell us their wares surely there is an easier and more secured way to do this?

By the way. In the end telephoned retailer to ask if I could bypass securcode thing. 

They sent a representative to my door.

Who said that she is aware of the problems we oap’s have been having.

I’m not the only one and she was happy to take the order

. Now awaiting delivery.

BBC Rip Off Britain link.docx

Hi

Apart from the Mastercard issue which you have been given good adivce on you also need to make sure your PC or whatever you use is protected and keep your PC up to date and clean to prevent viruses,spyware etc.

1. Have a good Antivirus/Spyware Software installed. (do a full scan regularly to keep your pc clean)

2. If using MS Windows make sure it is up to date. (either have it set to automatically update or manually check as well)

3. Make sure your PC etc. installed Drivers are up to date. (do this regulary as well to keep your device running smoothly)

4. Make sure whatever Internet Browser you are using is up to date. (do this regulary as well)

(when I say regularly approx once a month)

5. on any website you are shopping on do your research of that website before purchasing from them as a website that may look like it is in the UK may not be.

a) look closely at the websites Terms & Conditions. (what does it say there registered address is, what does it say there Governing Law is, is it in the UK)

b) Check the websites internet address from their Homepage, copy there internet address and paste it into this link and see what comes up: http://whois.domaintools.com/

c) On there website are they display a Company Number, VAT Number, any registered body number.

If they have a Company Number or Company Details check them on Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/?_ga=2.212359508.1555367378.1572571026-436625259.1572571026

Lastly have a wee look at this ageuk link: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/work-learning/technology-internet/internet-security/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

20 hours ago, beetle101 said:

PIXel 92.  Thanks for the feedback.  That’s what I have been trying to say. We OAPs are getting kinda stuck in our ways.  We believe that the things places we sign up to are the genuine article.

Its not until you youngster explain the dangers to us like your middle man café network that we realise we are not as secured as we thought when shopping.  Suddenly having to trapse down to the supermarkets/shops and having to wait ages for a taxi/cab to lug it home with is arduous but simpler as the only thing we might get lifted is our purses instead of our life savings.

As for complete nonense seeing watchdog BBC PROGRAM on internet banking. Uk.  Or Rip of Britain Tv Program Season 9 Episode 2 with Gloria Huniford, Angel Rippon and Julia Summerville. They highlighted such internet scams and fraudulent access to monies via online websites and [problematic] telephone calls. I am not technically minded but its not impossible it is being done and we OAP’s (who believe that Tv news is all real) are getting ripped off.

All I am saying is that we seem to be giving too much personal information over the internet for retailers just to sell us their wares surely there is an easier and more secured way to do this?

By the way. In the end telephoned retailer to ask if I could bypass securcode thing.  They sent a representative to my door.  Who said that she is aware of the problems we oap’s have been having. I’m not the only one and she was happy to take the order. Now awaiting delivery.

BBC Rip Off Britain link.docx 412.55 kB · 0 downloads

That clip is a bit redundant, as it was set up for his demonstration, any good site will have protection against the vulnerability he was exploiting, chances are it would have been an open back end and a weak password used to on the admin account for the database.

You are secure when shopping if you practice safe use, that whole clip showed how vulnerable people are when they don't know how to be safe online ie using the same password for multiple accounts, he didn't steal the password in that clip it was guessed due to it being a common password, it could have also been brute forced (a program is used to enter 1000s of passwords automatically from a table of words and numbers till the correct one is guessed, even now this can be avoided by using Captcha codes or human verification,) again this isn't an exploit down to the website owner but the account holder they set their own password. In the clip they even say it is a hidden password so they can't see it in plain text.

When making a purchase most places won't ask for DOBs etc when it comes to taking the payment, those details are asked when you are signing up for an account that the purchase is taking place on, these are used for marketing and advertising, "Oh it is your birthday, enjoy 10% off" etc. The current system in place when making purchases is secure enough, the issues lies between the chair and computer screen in most instances.

A website you can check to see if your email address is https://grabify.link/NKC536 it will tell you if your email address etc has been stolen in a data breach.

The telephone call is again not hacking, a common one is you will be browsing online and you get a pop up to say your computer needs repairing, you are due a refund or there are hackers trying to access this computer call this number and we will fix it, then the person on the other end will try and get you to allow them to connect to your PC to convince you there is a legitimate issue when there isn't and then charge yo to fix this non-existent issue all the time frighting you showing you errors on your computer that are normal.

The reason why OAPs are targeted is because they are generally uneducated when it comes to this sort of thing that is why banks and other outfits offer services to make them aware of these types of frauds and how to avoid them.

PIX_el 92

When making a purchase most places won't ask for DOBs etc when it comes to taking the payment, those details are asked when you are signing up for an account that the purchase is taking place on, these are used for marketing and advertising, "Oh it is your birthday, enjoy 10% off" etc. The current system in place when making purchases is secure enough, the issues lies between the chair and computer screen in most instances.

PIXel-92 I understand what you are saying but you ARE WRONG ON THIS POSTED PIC OF last page of payment request as you can seem digital signature and DOB enough said.  Already signed up for account with other details on accounts profile including cc number so details are already recorded. (much like this site).

The attach for anyone reading webpage (they do not necessarily have to see programmers code – as you said one wrong email and false webpage and many people I have spoken to say they have put these details in this section and have either been ‘forced,’ to pay securecode £15 per month for the service after one month (automatically deducted from credit card), or worst someone with this information has “hacked,” into their Bank accounts and withdrew funds. 

And THE BANKS THAT INSIST ON THIS METHOD have actually said as the perpetrator had their digital signature codes they were liable even though it can be proven that the person (original cardholder), was 180 miles away at the time in a meeting etc. At which point the Banks stated that they gave the company/person authorisation to do so as they had their digital code and DOB. !!!!

This is what I am complaining about.docx

• 1 month later...

I am fuming.

I have like most people in the uk.

A reasonable credit history or so I thought.

Check it regularly.

Spouse does accounting.

when I go for a Hire Purchase agreement and get turned down. 

Despite my desposit being 1/3 third of the cost of the goods. 

I am fuming.

I have had payday lenders and loan companies offering me assistance because of how good I am at paying. 

I am employed and own homes.

So why am I being blacklisted by these companies for credit.

Credit search agencies and credit scores all have me down as a good risk.

Someone out there is determined to make me out to be a bad debtor. 

Its not my bank and its not my Savings so how do I get rid of this? 

I tried approaching solicitors but they say that unless I am willing to pay them over £350 per hour they will not help. 

And even if I could manage that they do not deal with such matters and refer me to the CAB. 

The CAB refers me to them and Credit Agencies who have stated that there is nothing on their end. 

But I have heard there is an additional information file that the Credit Agencies show only to their Business Clients and not to regular consumers and that there must be somthing on that which has been placed by a Business.

I do not owe any businesses except for utilities and they are the first to say I have an ongoing direct debit payments system.

They are happy with.

I am writing to ask how many other people out there are experiencing a blacklist on credit when they do not owe anything?

And please tell us who to approach to get this sorted. 

As if we are going over to a credit system in future. 

This proves that if we upset these so called businesses (even if they are proven wrong in court), they can restrict and possibly bankrupt us by just putting libel and slander online and on credit Agencies Sites.

Who do we go to see to clear it?

Who was the company. It might not be your Credit File but more to do with Lending Criteria :)

Always consider maybe looking at a comparison site for these sorts of things? Some will give your Acceptance Rates.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thread moved to the appropriate forum ...Credit Reference Agencies   please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi fkofilee

thanks  For the info.

But its not the credit or lending criteria because I meet all of those. 

Its the fact that its Lodged with the agencies that give the security checks. 

Funny thing is when I got home I found they had emailed me and set up an account. 

But when I looked into it. I was declined.

I just want to know who do the uk public see to get these sort of things resolved.

As for the product I was going to purchase. 

I have decided to wait until after christmas and pay it off in one go. 

Which I would have done anyway.

If I had got the credit.

Andyorch

Please let me know where the post has gone to as I would like to know if there is anyone else out there who has simular problems and how they dealth with it. Hence the posting.

Thanks

and Merry Xmas

(When I know where the post has gone I will make a donation).

Its here where you just posted..... in the Credit Reference Agencies Forum.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

yet you post up docx files for everyone to look at 

now go look at the file properies of them in word

all your pers details are there…. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

It was a tv because our old one packed up right before xmas.

And I was not prepared to purchase a new one until January sales. So i thought I would purchase it on Buy now pay later scheme.

Got declined.

Purchased the tv last Friday.  One thing about xmas there are a lot of card/board games you can play when not watching tv in the living room. And its an excellent conversation starter. - Lol (we all got one in our own bedrooms though).

Just to put the knife in I went back to the shop that refused us so that they could see we could afford it outright we just did not want to so near to xmas. 

Its a pity we could not have our credit records cleared because someone if definately making us a bad risk.

Happy New Year

My Credit file is now in a pretty good place, in fact the only thing showing is a 3 year old satisfied CCJ for less than 1k.  For the last 4 years I've had a steady, perfectly decent income with low outgoings, have good equity in my home  yet still I'm turned down for things for no reason.

It's always really weird things, I tried to buy a laptop for my son via creation and was turned down despite my car insurance payments being handled by them, never been late for even 1 payment.

Car leasing or PCP's are totally impossible for me despite being easily affordable. In fact I only just became eligible for a small limit Credit card (200 pounds).  I'm using that to buy petrol and paying it off every month and that seems to be (slowly) improving my credit score.

So your not the only one, and it's nothing personal.  You might just have one old CCJ or default still showing somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

need to look at all of the CRA free reports and see what is blotting your copybook.

Sometimes a lack of using credit is damaging.

My wife has never had credit so wouldnt have a decent credit score as they have no info on her

Edited by ericsbrother