UK Credit Repair websites - can you really remove bad credit from your file just like that?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Mine and my husbands credit rating is shockingly poor and we are currently waiting for an eviction date to drop through the door as our home is due to be repossessed (husband lost his very well paid job 3 years ago and took one paying 1/3 of what he was earning so struggled badly ever since)

Even though the council are supposed to be "helping" us, I would rather find another home myself before we have to leave our currant house as we have three young children.

Problem with this is nearly all estate agents do credit checks and seem to take the attitude that as we have a terrible credit history we are evil dishonest people who will fleece them of their rent money!

I've come across a few websites which claim they can help you remove all bad credit history from your file, whih sounds ideal, but I wasn't born yesterday and can sense that their claims aren't all they're cracked up to be?

Any advice appreciated

Lisa

They cant remove them just like that, It takes months of communication to get adverse entries removed. Whatever they do you can too but it isnt easy as the lender would rather write off a balance than remove the entry. I wouldnt pay anyone to do any of that because I am confident in doing so myself and have already got a dault removed. It isnt an overnight thing, You start with an SAR which takes 40 days (plus around 10 if you requested it correctly) and take it from there.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

you can do it all with help from here

however, just remember that things like late payment/under payment markers are a true reflection so are almoat impossible to get wiped

you really need to read as a much as you can

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't this the idea that a company puts money into an account (that they also set up for you but don't let you touch), and then record with the CRAs that the money is being transferred back to the company's accounts as a perfect payment record....basically it's a score manipulator. As long as you don't arse it up with missed payments with genuine credit commitmnts, it's a feasable way for credit lepers to get some credibility back.

Isn't this the idea that a company puts money into an account (that they also set up for you but don't let you touch), and then record with the CRAs that the money is being transferred back to the company's accounts as a perfect payment record....basically it's a score manipulator. As long as you don't arse it up with missed payments with genuine credit commitmnts, it's a feasable way for credit lepers to get some credibility back.

Hi

Not really. Credit repair companies charge you to have adverse entries removed but really there isnt a point. I started cleaning up my file in December 2010 and Have already got a CCJ and a default removed. The other 2 defaults should be gone in a few weeks and then I have a new credit file.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀