Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2008

Default UK Credit Repair websites - can you really remove bad credit from your file just like that?

Hi

Mine and my husbands credit rating is shockingly poor and we are currently waiting for an eviction date to drop through the door as our home is due to be repossessed (husband lost his very well paid job 3 years ago and took one paying 1/3 of what he was earning so struggled badly ever since)

Even though the council are supposed to be "helping" us, I would rather find another home myself before we have to leave our currant house as we have three young children.

Problem with this is nearly all estate agents do credit checks and seem to take the attitude that as we have a terrible credit history we are evil dishonest people who will fleece them of their rent money!

I've come across a few websites which claim they can help you remove all bad credit history from your file, whih sounds ideal, but I wasn't born yesterday and can sense that their claims aren't all they're cracked up to be?

Any advice appreciated
    Lisa

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2010

Default Re: UK Credit Repair websites - can you really remove bad credit from your file just like that?

They cant remove them just like that, It takes months of communication to get adverse entries removed. Whatever they do you can too but it isnt easy as the lender would rather write off a balance than remove the entry. I wouldnt pay anyone to do any of that because I am confident in doing so myself and have already got a dault removed. It isnt an overnight thing, You start with an SARicon which takes 40 days (plus around 10 if you requested it correctly) and take it from there.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: UK Credit Repair websites - can you really remove bad credit from your file just like that?

you can do it all with help from here

however, just remember that things like late payment/under payment markers are a true reflection so are almoat impossible to get wiped

you really need to read as a much as you can

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2010

Isn't this the idea that a company puts money into an account (that they also set up for you but don't let you touch), and then record with the CRAs that the money is being transferred back to the company's accounts as a perfect payment record....basically it's a score manipulator. As long as you don't arse it up with missed payments with genuine credit commitmnts, it's a feasable way for credit lepers to get some credibility back.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf haggins View Post
    Isn't this the idea that a company puts money into an account (that they also set up for you but don't let you touch), and then record with the CRAs that the money is being transferred back to the company's accounts as a perfect payment record....basically it's a score manipulator. As long as you don't arse it up with missed payments with genuine credit commitmnts, it's a feasable way for credit lepers to get some credibility back.
    Hi
    Not really. Credit repair companies charge you to have adverse entries removed but really there isnt a point. I started cleaning up my file in December 2010 and Have already got a CCJ and a default removed. The other 2 defaults should be gone in a few weeks and then I have a new credit file.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Dec 2018

Question Re: UK Credit Repair websites - can you really remove bad credit from your file just like that?

Hi new to this. Have bad credit (don't know why). I have checked files nothing unusal. Only went into bank the other day and they were extremely they wouldn't even put us down for an interview (regards loan)? Been banking with them for 12 years now! Want to know if there are any credit repairs negiotiators out there who could help sort out why this is happening to us.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2017

Over the years all the bad stuff has dropped of my credit file but my score is terrible still. So I managed to get a Credit card (with a stupid high interest rate) and spend a small amount every month on it , paying it back on time every month and finally my score has started to increase. There is only a tiny limit on it and you need to be able to afford to pay the balance back every month for it to work but it seems to be working for me.

this thread is 7 years old so start a new one. also dont make assumptions. You think youhave bad credit, then why do you think that and what does your credit files say that draws you to that conclusion.
    Ask another bank for a loan interview and see what they say. You dotn have to put all your eggs in one basket

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2017

cripes i didn't realise the thread was that old

please start a new threadicon <<clickme beetle101
    and i'l move these posts to it for you

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details