fedupamanda vs the Royal bank

fedupamanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i received a letter from the RBS this was in reply to my letter before action. They have replied by stating they will refund £403 of the 750 i asked for but i would have to sign a disclaimer. I know i have not to sign anything. However, i read in the notes somehwre when filling in the N1 form which i have from the law pack baught, that i should enclose the contract that was given to me by the bank when the account was open. Only thing is my husbands account was open when he was very young and we are now married and have not got the contract.

Does this mean that i cant go to court ?

Does this mean i cant claim the money back.

Should i be filling the N1 form in just now even although the bank said they would give me the £403.00 back or should i just write another letter stating "Yes i acept the £403.00 However i will not be signing anything and i will take you t court if i dont get the £750.00 i asked for

thanks for all your help

amanda

Hi amanda,

write to RBS telling them you will accept the 403 as an interim payment but not in full and final settlement.

Examples can be found in my thread or bigcols thread both in the RBS forum.

I doubt very much you will receive the £403 though so 14 days after your LBA start court proceedings.

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!