• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Honestly can't take any more...RBS are back again...9 years of harassment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everybody...again,

I successfully reclaimed around £700.00 from RBS thanks to the help of CAG. I panicked and accepted 'part' of the total charges, which left me with a balance of around £500.00 (at the time I feared they may take back their offer).

The remaining balance of £500.00 has been passed from one debt collection agency to another (four in total). I paid these debt collection agencies faithfully, until I noticed they weren't deducting my payments from the outstanding balance. They would chase me, ringing me at work, at home, and on my mobile. When I asked them for a statement showing the payments I'd made, they would umm and ahh about it. I had to fax them evidence of payment, etc, etc. Then, a different debt collection agency would write to me. So far four debt collection agencies in total.

Today, after a weekend away, I have received yet another letter, from yet another debt collection agency...and the balance is £559.36!!!! The debt has increased and changed yet again!!!!

Please, can anybody advise me what to do? This has been going on since I opened the account with RBS in 2001. Sorry, but I'm at my wits end.

Yours hopefully,

Milly

i would suspect you have been a cash cow to them all and that the 'debt' was written off long ago by rbs for tax purposes and sold on.

pers, i'd stop paying anything on this and sar rbs

what type of debt was this ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Thanks for your reply. I simply opened a current account with RBS. I wasn't on a particularly good salary at the time and just about covered my living costs. It started with a couple of Direct Debits being bounced, but then spiralled out of control. Sometimes I received bank charges of up to £275.00 a month. I had to open another bank account elsewhere to have my salary paid into as they were taking up to a quarter of my monthly salary.

To cut a very long story short, the -£500.00 was from a current account (made up mostly of bank charges).

The letter I received recently states: "This letter is sent to you by way of an introduction to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd. Acting on behalf of Royal Bank of Scotland (the "Bank") and in accordance with the authority granted by the Bank on 30/12/2010, we have been appointed to arrange repayment of this liability. Our records show that you are contractually responsible for the payment of all monies due."

Do they have to inform me of the breakdown/full details of the alleged debt? If so, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to provide full statements as before.

Milly

P.S. What does SAR mean?

Send this off along with the ten pound statuary fee.

FTAO - The Data Controller or Data Compliance Officer

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: acc *******

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

This Subject Data Access Request is made under sections 7, 8 & 9 of the Data Protection Act 1998, and by virtue of the Data Protection (Subject Access) (Fees and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2000 ( S.I.No 191).

I hereby request that you supply me with all data that you hold relating to my account. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following: -

1 The original signed, executed Consumer Credit Act*agreement and any terms and conditions that applied at the time the account was opened.

2 Transcripts of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, to and from or by any previous creditor.

3 True copies of any assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that may have been issued*including a copy of proof of postage that you hold.

4 A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data*as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 and any consent that I/we*may have given to those uses

5 A list of third parties to whom you have disclosed my/our personal data including Credit Reference Agencies and, a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed, the reason for this disclosure, including any defaults registered date they were registered and date of removal.

6 Full copies of transcripts of any correspondence in postal, e-mail or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

7 Full Details of any third party with an interest in the account.

8 Full details of any securitisation(s) that my account(s) has been*or is involved in

9 Full details of any assignment(s) Legal or equitable copies of proof of posting of any notification allegedly given, if given

10 Any other information that you hold with regards to me/us*and/or our account.

Enclosed is the statutory maximum fee for this request of £10.

You have 40 days in which to comply. If there is specific information, which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to, my identity please let me know by return.

However please note that the above address is the one, which has*been used to make any and all communications with me/us with regards to my/our account information from you, which has been*hitherto found acceptable.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISTAION REPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE.

Yours Faithfully

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi paulwlton,

Thanks for your quick response. In your opinion, should I send this letter, or the 'Prove it' letter first?

Also, am I right that the 'Prove It' letter goes to the Debt Collectors...and the 'SAR' goes to RBS?

Best wishes,

Milly

Edited by Milly Weeble

Tell the OFT and the FOS about the debtsbeing repeatedly passed around, this is against the guidelines for debt collection and the more reports the better,

Thanks for your response...If it goes any further I'll do both!

Best wishes,

Milly

thats unlawful if its to a works number

against every guideline there is

if its to your mobile

tell them once

that they are not to call you during your normal working hours

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm a little late. I presume you have already but you could just inform them that you do not wish to be contacted on the telephone. Tell them it all has to be in writing. Easier to keep a track all that's been said then and you don't have a panic attack each time the phone rings.

B