style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i am hoping someone reading this will be able to help me and give me some desperately needed advice.

Basically, for around 2 years i have still been claiming and receiving additional tax credit payments to cover childcare costs i no longer pay. My son stopped going to his childminder around 2 years ago, he used to go after school and school hols. I didnt inform tax credits that i no longer paid for childcare and now am terrified of the consequences.

I am too scared to ring them as i keep reading horror stories of people being sent to prison and am convinced this will happen to me.

Can someone please please give me some advice or personal similar experiences.

I cant sleep, eat or do anything for worrying.

I am a single mum, and work full time, but struggled without assistance from my ex. This is no excuse i know, but really needed the extra money involved. Now, i guess i am in big trouble.

Please help someone

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you weren't responded to Jacquieh. You think you are in big trouble because what you have done is theft. The definition of theft is "A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it."

By ringing them and telling them you believe you have made an error and would like to pay it if so, then you are not depriving them of it and it can't be classed as theft.

Go on, take the bull by the horns and give them a ring - you won't half feel good afterwards.