• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Safeloans sent CCJ Letter

iceboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys;

Last week, i received a Claim Form from Northampton County Court. Issue date is 5 Jan!!

So because 14 days already passed, i logged in and filled out the Acknowledgment of Service from to extend it for another 14 days.

However, i dont know what i need to do now! In October, i sent them an email making an offer of payment and i had not received no reply from them!

Im not running away, i want to pay the debt. But i need to pay it in instalments and avoid getting CCJ.

Can anyone please please suggest me what to do!

Many Thanks...

Can anyone please help me on this matter? What do i need to do next? They didnt get back to me for the offer i made 3 months ago and now Claim Form arrived!

If i call them straight away and make an offer on phone, is there a chance they will accept it and cancel the claim?

Or if that doesnt work, what should i do?

Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks...

Thank you for your respond didy. I am sorry i have fallen ill and couldnt get back to you. And now i have even lesser time to take some action!

I am desperate for help.

Particulars of claim on the claim for is as below:

The claimane agreed to lend to the Defendant under a fixed loan agreement dated 21 August 2009 the sum of £150. The defendant agreed to repay the loan off in full or an agreed date to extend the loan paing a further service charge. On 13.09.2009 the defendant failed to repay the Claimant's loan or extend and the Defendant is in default as set out in the terms of agreement. The claimant is also entitled to interest at the rate stated in the terms of the agteement and is payable on the amount outstanding if payment is not made on the repayment scheduled date. The Defendant has failed to make payment back to the claimant in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement. And the claimant claime:.. 1. The amount of £150 loan amoun... 2. Loan charges and interest of £104.88... 3. The Claimant total claim is £254.88.. 4. Costs... Date: 04 January 2011

Any help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks...

Diddy, thank you very much for your time and effort, i really appreciate it.

Well i can offer £100 now, £100 next month and £50 in April but they havent even returned to my email which i was asking if they could accept an offer.

If i accept the debt and offer a payment, do i still get CCJ registered? I just dont want to get it. I am a student and £250 is a big amount for me and i cant really borrow from anyone as i know it will be very hard to pay them back.

What should i do?

Diddy, thank you very much for your time and effort, i really appreciate it.

Well i can offer £100 now, £100 next month and £50 in April but they havent even returned to my email which i was asking if they could accept an offer.

If i accept the debt and offer a payment, do i still get CCJ registered? I just dont want to get it. I am a student and £250 is a big amount for me and i cant really borrow from anyone as i know it will be very hard to pay them back.

What should i do?

If they get a CCJ against you then you would have to pay it within 28 days in full for it not to appear on your file. Surely you could find some employ that would pay £250 in 4 weeks to clear it?

Other than that you could always submit an embarassed defence and demand to see the agreement.... by time it got to any hearing it would be after April anyway so you could pay them (allegedly) in full anyway, before the hearing.

I can't see anymore costs being awarded on a £250 (small) claim, although your agreement with them might let them charge you more late/arrears fees. They'd would probably have to take you to court again to get them though.

Time would be better spend making some money though LOL!

Edited by Ruprecht
added a before

Diddy, I didnt make an actual offer back in October. I was just asking them if they could accept an offer. I asked them that i could clear the balance in instalments within few months but no response!

Ruprecht,thank you for your respond. It sounds allright to me , if i have to pay the balance within 28 days and receive no ccj. However, is there anything i need to do now? Do i have to send in the defence form? Do i need to defend myself?

And lets say i have not defended myself and court ordered me to pay the balance in full (within 28 days to avoid ccj registration), how long that would take in total together with the 28 days period?

Is there anything i should be doing right now?

Many thanks for your responses...

Diddy, I didnt make an actual offer back in October. I was just asking them if they could accept an offer. I asked them that i could clear the balance in instalments within few months but no response!

Ruprecht,thank you for your respond. It sounds allright to me , if i have to pay the balance within 28 days and receive no ccj. However, is there anything i need to do now? Do i have to send in the defence form? Do i need to defend myself?

And lets say i have not defended myself and court ordered me to pay the balance in full (within 28 days to avoid ccj registration), how long that would take in total together with the 28 days period?

If you do nothing they will almost certainly apply for a "default judgment".

You get 1 month then to pay it when the judgment is issued which is usually within a day or so if they ask for default judgment on moneyclaim.

You then need to get a receipt from the person you paid confirming it was paid within the month and send it with a completed form to the court, with a fee.

This is the leaflet about it:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex320_0406.pdf

If you admit to it you might get the judgment made earlier, so if you are happy to pay it in 28 days you might be best doing nothing.

Make sure you allow time for it to be cleared funds too just in case i.e. cheque clearance.

dear sirs,

I am a student, my income is limited and without any admission of liability i am anxious not to have a ccj recorded against me, therefore i am prepared to make the following offer in order to settle the matter out of court with the help of a relative

i can pay £xxxx on £xxxx on and £xxxx on with the funds being provided by a third party

if the matter were t proceed through to a ccj then it is likely that what i could offer from my own pocket would be token payments

I am prepared to enter into a tomlin order if necessary

y F

(you must be sure that you CAN make the payments as stated otherwise they can go straight back to court for a judgement if you fail to comply)