ESA medical UPDATE post #30

phil76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone im new here,

I suffer with anxiety and depression and have a medical on friday with atos,and am worried about failing the medical,i really suffer with my problems and unable to work at the moment so getting my esa stopped really worries me,since getting the letter about the medical i felt worse and has even made me cry with worry,

Had a look on internet and seems alot of people fail these medicals,what are the medicals like?any help appreciated

Thanks

Hello Phil, welcome to the forum.

Leemack has a great sticky about these assessments. We don't call them medicals here :). To find the stickies, use the back arrow to come out of your thread, then scroll up to the yellow part above the thread titles.

If you have more questions, please come back to us.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thankyou so much leemack for all your help,hopefully i wont have to go through appeal process but at least i can still claim some money during appeal if i have to,

Thanks again

Phil

Thankyou so much HoneyBee:-) i will let you all know when i get the decision which will probably be in a few weeks although i think i probably already know what it will be:sad::sad: but fingers crossed

Phil

Thankyou leemack:-)

the lady who saw me at assessment seemed nice anyway so its just waiting now to see if ive passed or not,will let you guys know how i get on as soon as i get the results

Thanks again leemack and Honeybee for your help:-)

Thank you Honeybee:-) yeah will definately let you know what happens

Was just wandering the people who actually see you at the asssessment,do they know straight away after your assesssment if youve passed or not?

Thanks

I think they would have a pretty good idea whether you have passed or not but the DWP have to decide based on the assessment.

My assessor was pleasant but only gave me 2 points I found out 2 weeks later. A smiling assassin if you will.

Her report on what I said at the assessment was fairly honest though and I won my appeal.

Good luck to you and remember a negative decision is not the end of it, you can still win.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

My incapacity benefit was stopped in March 2010 and in June I was told my tribunal would be in August but it ended up in November due to the backlog.

So 8 months. But a week before the tribunal the DWP changed their decision and reinstated my benefit with back-pay.

Great but I will be back on the nonmagical roundabout as soon as they shunt me onto ESA.

I say roundabout because that's what it is for a lot of people, even when you win you can be re-assessed and lose only to win on appeal and so on.

I don't think the average taxpayer would be so pleased about "welfare reform" if he/she knew all this. :|

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

You have been awarded ESA and you will not be expected to work.

Congrats to you.

- dj

Thankyou dj,and i would like to thank everyone else,really appreciate all the help you gave me:-)

Am i right in saying i still need to give sick notes from my doctor for my payments?

Thanks again everyone

Phil

Hello everyone

I received a letter this morning, its about my medical assessment,it says i have been placed in support group and my money will rise,does this mean i have passed my assessment?and what does support group mean?

Thanks

Phil

That was a quick reply after your medicle less than a week...:madgrin:

Yes PHIL you have passed!!!!! no more sick notes.

Yes, once a decision is made following a medical, certs are no longer required as it has been determined that you are not fit for work.

I bet that's a huge weight off your mind!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)