RBS Staff Lying & Losing Documentation & ID

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I currently bank with RBS with a Key Account and went into the branch to complete all the paperwork needed to turn my account into a joint account with my wife, all her ID was photocopied in branch and everything was handed over the counter to speed up the whole process. What has since follows has caused me stress and I would appreciate some help please?

Its not been over 3 weeks since everything was completed and handed in at the branch, I have since tried to chase and update and gain a status report on how everything is going. The initial response from the branch was that there was a slight delay in processing and that I would give it another few days which i did. I was then went back in at the customer service advisor said that she could see all my completed paperwork and ID scanning in front of her on the computer system along with a covering note saying that there was a delay and to apologise to the customer.

A few days later I called the direct banking number for a different matter and asking is passing if my wife has been added onto the key account and if it was not a joint account. He went off and came back say that there was no request to do such as thing and that I needed to go to branch. I then said that the advisor in the branch said that she could see all my ID and documentation in from of her on the computer system. The telephone advisor sounded a little shocked and said that there was no way that the branch would be able to see this and that I should return again to branch which i did.

in the branch, after promising to call me back on 3 failed occasions a different advisor called up processing to ask what was going on and came back to say that no paperwork was received and that it must have gotten lost in the branch. I explained that the other advisor said she saw all my documentation and paperwork on the system and her reply was that paperwork can sometimes just "drop off" the system.....

Help...

There seems to customer service telephone department only direct banking, the branch are pretty useless at phoning me back and I am still awaiting for 3 separate call backs which have never happenned. The customer relations email department dont seem to want to know either and I am just beating my head against a brick wall..

What can I do?

is this right?

I had a similar problem with Lloyds, i went in initially (on a Sunday, some Lloyds branches are open) to enquire why money had been taken out early (I had Direct Debits set up to come out on the monday), I was told various reasons why this happened, some just didnt make sense, including i must be lying 'coz no branches were open on a Sunday !

Any I was told the debits would be reversed, I then had various phone calls from the branch, the call center and most didnt know what the hell was going on, eventuially I always asked to be put through to a manager and eventually one did call me back and admitted it had all been handled badly, she asked what she could do to help and they arranged an emergency tempoary loan (I had just started a temp job and need train fares).,

As your problem there isnt an obvious answer other to try and get through to the right people, make notes of everything that happens and put it all in writing if needs be and send it to their complaints department.

Andy