force charging order removal so i can go into iva

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya

to cut a long story short i was issued a charging order by rbs for an unsecured debt. i made the mistake of admitting ccj before i found this forum and was pushed straight into charging order i tried set asside route but because i was waiting for paperwork from rbs it was refused and then through incorrect advise i went for second set asside and the judge refused.

i played the unfair card for one creditor and the judge was not interested and just said its there interest that mattered.

I am now trying to sort other debt and would like to go down iva route so wondering if i could reverse their decision. we are really considering selling house and lettin them lose out as its not worth what we paid for it. and just wondered if threatening this would sway anything for us.

thanks for replies

rgds

james

not really as either way the would still get their money.

If you were to apply for an IVA and 75% value of your creditors agreed they would still get paid and the CO would still remain until it has been repaid in full.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 months later...

Hiya

Been a little busy and forgot about my thread lol. thanks for advice though would it be worth approaching them direct and calling their bluff.

My house is in negative equity and would need alot of money spending on it in the long run. it is also hindering me for work as i cannot consider moving because of charge. i was gonna give them 2 options either they agree to an iva or i declare bankruptcy and they get nothing. i havent a problem paying them but they have me over a barrel. and i cannot afford to finish work on house enough to either sell and clear debt or rent as cannot change mortgage.

Also on asking incaso who are dealing they have said they will block a sale which would mean me turning down a job.

thanks for advice

rgds

james