Rent Capping and amounts

ragsrule
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Due to ill health with me thirteen years on and receipt of DLA, Incapacity benefit, Income Support & Carers My Husband had to finally give up work four years ago to look after me. I kept going for as long as possible struggling on my own, and with friends & family popping in but alas I had to accept help.

What is worrying us is at the moment our rent is £600 per month, this is a three bed house but understand why we only get housing benefit for a one bedroom place which is fine.

There is only my hubbie and me but have a friend who stays over at least twice a week to help hubbie with my care. so really could do with them paying us for a two bed place but I guess that's for another day!

Does anyone know when the changes come into play and I understand the cap will be £250. Now is that £250. per week, fortnightly or monthly? at the moment we have a large top up from my DLA.

We have only been here three years and hadn't planned a move for a long time yet but fear we will have to move to a smaller place. At the moment we get £181.80 fortnightly.

Many Thanks in advance

Laura

The amount for a one bed property will be capped at £250 weekly from April 2011.

However they will also be introducing another change. From April 2011, claimants with a disability and a non resident

carer will be entitled to funding for an extra bedroom, if they require overnight care.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Thank you very much Erika, that really does lift a huge weight from my mind. I had all sorts running round in my brain and trying to imagine how we could manage without moving as I really love it here :)

Hi Erika, will the new rule (for an extra bedroom allowance) apply if the OP has a resident carer and a non resident carer - for instance if the second carer is for respite or for nights on which more care is needed. Just interested on your take on this.

No idea yet Leemack, as the amending legislation has yet to be introduced. I'm just repeating what was said in the emergency budget report. They always leave these things to the last minute.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)