eReader and eBooks : This forum

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I noticed that a lot of people have been buying eReaders. I have one myself. It's great. This forum might turn into a great place for people to share their experiences and to compare notes - or to advise others or to let people know about bargains.

If it becomes popular enough, we'll create separate forums for each kind of eBook.

I was in HMV yesterday looking at a Sony e-reader, a guy came over and spent about 40 minutes telling me what it does how it does it, he showed me how to do this and how to do that.

He then explained that even when he's sitting on the bus with the sun shining in the window he can still read no problem, went on about how you can put music on it and listen whilst you read.

After his demonstration I asked him where I would find a copy of Kelly Heroes on DVD.

"oh I could'nt tell you sorry, I don't work here" !!! he certainly loved owning a e-reader.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, I looked at Sony before I got my Kindle. More features than the Kindle and a touch screen. However, I decided that the Touch Screen reduced the contrat slightly and more importantly, Sony didn't have the huge tie in with Amazon's vast collection of books and also newspapers and journals. That was the dealmaker for me.

Kelly's Heroes is such a great film. Hilarious.

You can always download books from the following sources to read on the ereaders. I am going to get an android pad afrter Xmas in the sales....

www.projectguttenberg.com for pdf files and other platform files, including some talking book links

www.librivox.org for talking books

For needlework fans (such as myself) there is always the Antique Pattern Library and the University of Arizona Textile Library to satisfy your cravings....

I believe that Lovefilm have now got a trial going where you can download films directly for a particular period of viewing....

• 2 months later...

Having now got both the Sony and the Kindle there isn't a lot between them, I am going to be running some PDF books through the conver.ters to see what happens and how long it takes for both. Both hook up to my Samsung laptop.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Can the 'Kindle daily deal' be entered under a thread rather than bombing out all other threads please?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• 2 weeks later...

I have a kindle touch and use it paired with calibre (free) ebook management system on my laptop.

http://calibre-ebook.com/

(I still think those kindle daily deal should be in a sub folder so other topics dont get quickly lost. I think its killing this forum)

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days