DCA threatening CCJ - 1st credit & Citi financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

also have a look at the fca rules etc re barred debts, when a crud is notified of a matter being barred.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few more threatening letters

, I’ve received a letter this week stating that my account has been passed to 1st Credit’s Legal Department.

The account will be held for 10 days

. “If we do not hear from you, your account will be subject to a case review that may result in a ‘statutory demand’ being issued, which is a formal step prior to issuing bankruptcy proceedings.”

There’s that word ‘may’ again. I’ll wait and see what they do.

Epsilon

Blimey, this thread must be one of the longest ongoing cases here. I would have thought this would be Statute Barred by now. If so, you could let them know and if they are foolish enough to issue an SD then you can get it dismissed and probably claim some costs too

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks Sliverfox. Your first sentence made me laugh, which was a nice thing to be able to do.

I haven't had to wait very long for their next letter which reads:

'We wrote to you recently outlining our intentions to issue Bankruptcy proceedings against you. Having performed a review of your account we have concluded that the pursual of Bankruptcy proceedings against you is no longer a fair and reasonable outcome at this moment in time.

It is however our intention to pursue an alternate method of enforcement to secure this debt. You will shortly receive letters detailing the methods that may be pursued.

Please contact us on xxx within 10 days to discuss the repayment options available to you based on your current financial circumstances. Should no contact be forthcoming your account will be passed to our solicitors with an instruction to issue legal proceedings once Civil Procedure Rules have been complied with (e.g. after a Letter Before Claim has been sent).

Ultimately we do not want to take this course of action and we would prefer to come to a repayment that is both affordable and sustainable for you. If you are experiencing financial difficulties...' etc.

As always, any advice on what they may try next will be much appreciated.

Epsilon

we have concluded that the pursual of Bankruptcy proceedings against you is no longer a fair and reasonable outcome at this moment in time

unsurprising

You will shortly receive letters detailing the methods that may be pursued.

:lol: just wait for their next template then. post back