Housing benefit home visit

Aimienice4u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Im a bit dumb to all this and im very scared, I have a letter from my local housing office saying a matter has arison and they need to come to my home to interview me , its concerning my HB & CTB, Firstly is this for benifit fraud? and secondly why are they coming to my home? Ive only been claming for 6 months? Im 31 and this is the first time in my life ive ever claimed for anything (due to me and my daughters dad splitting) i have started seeing a new man, and i will state, he does not live with me, and i abide by rules he stays no more than once or twice a week...

Why am i being picked on? When theres people out there that do fraud for years and years and never get caught and then theres innocent me, claimed for the very first time in my life 6 months ago, Im frightened to death about the whole situation...

This will be a compliance check. They come out when something has been brought to their attention which indicates that your claim may not be correct. The compliance cases I come across most often are when they want to look into whether you are LTAHAW/CP (Living together as husband and wife/civil partners), where busybodys with too much time on their hands and no life to live report perfectly innocent people.

The compliance teams would likely tell people the same thing, but as a public authority dealing with public funds, they have a duty to look into the matter, because in some cases the allegations are true.

This type of visit is usually used where there are suggestions of fraud (such as the busybody report) but little real evidence. Compliance interviews can be done at home or at an office. In general most compliance interviews are at the claimant's home. Interviews Under Caution (where evidence indicating fraud has been gathered), are carried out at an office in most cases.

They come out and ask questions about your circumstances and income. They may ask to see documents also. They then report their findings back and a Decision Maker will look at the findings to establish whether a claim is genuine. Most compliance interviews of this nature where a claim is genuine result in no further action. You will be informed of the outcome.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

They may ask to see bank statements, tenancy agreement, utility bills - that sort of thing. They may not ask to see anything and just ask you some questions.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 1 year later...

Hello

I panicked over nothing, They came out and basically asked me if i had any change of circumstances, I said no as nothing has changed, I asked why they asked to which they said its just routine, they wrote this down and went on thier on way.

I heard nothing since, But that was now over a year now , I am now married to man i was seeing and i dont need to claim anymore which im glad of !

Hope all goes well for you