Can anybody help?? Employment Tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am taking a company to court in two weeks time to an emploment tribunal. It turns out that all the paper work has been submitted under the companies trading name. The boss has been responding to all the paperwork and filled in court documents also using the trade name. Now his solicitor has pulled the name as being incorrect can they get the case thrown out???

Hello and Welcome, ebonyo1.

I'll move this thread to the Employment Forum, think you'll get a better responce in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I am taking a company to court in two weeks time to an emploment tribunal. It turns out that all the paper work has been submitted under the companies trading name. The boss has been responding to all the paperwork and filled in court documents also using the trade name. Now his solicitor has pulled the name as being incorrect can they get the case thrown out???

Yes. Sorry. But if the company no longer exists (or have already folded) then your empoyer might not exist in law any longer.

Not really my field (SarEl is much better placed to answer), but subject to you actually establishing exactly who the employer was, it seems as though you may need to apply to the Tribunal to make an amendment to the claim. It is a bit late in the day to be doing that, and it will almost certainly delay proceedings, but I believe that the Tribunal has the power to allow such an amendment particularly where there is evidence that you have good cause to do so.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Not really my field (SarEl is much better placed to answer), but subject to you actually establishing exactly who the employer was, it seems as though you may need to apply to the Tribunal to make an amendment to the claim. It is a bit late in the day to be doing that, and it will almost certainly delay proceedings, but I believe that the Tribunal has the power to allow such an amendment particularly where there is evidence that you have good cause to do so.

Yes. They will probably want an explanation of why you didn't know who your employer was, and it may now mean a delay.