Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2010

Exclamation urgent help need: stop on the account

hi there

i'm enquiring on behalf of someone but can a bank (RBSicon) put a stop on a person's account because of the current account going overdrawn? i think the figure's in the hundereds but because of this she can't withdraw any funds from the account that the benefits go in to (savings). it's been like this since friday. spoken to the bank and they say she needs to get into contact with collections but nothing's been received in the post yet. what can she do?

national debtline mentioned section 9 of the lending code and that should be mentioned in the complaint but how would she get access to the money now as that's her living costs?

thanks for any help on this!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Sep 2008

Default Re: urgent help need: stop on the account

Hi there, this happened to me before, she should phone up collections deparment and speak to them and arrange an instalment arrangement to clear the overdraft or balance outstanding and instruct them to lift the restriction on all accounts, this usually happens there and then (did with me) RBSicon Collections are bad, Ive dealt with them on several occassions some are helpful others are very nasty!!!!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2010

Default Re: urgent help need: stop on the account

thanks weescotchick!

RBSicon were really horrid to deal with; there was no access to her money as the card was stopped too and though they said they ordered a replacement, that turned out to be a lie. the only way they were able to get their money out was at the branch and this wasn't really at all an easy feat when the weather was causing such chaos (some brances weren't even open). they stopped the transfer of money to another account too. all in all, awful.

things have somewhat sorted themselves out now but i hope some people can gain some insight as to how they operate.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details