Urgent Help needed Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

phillyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I need urgent help as I am in a difficult situation right now. I applied for IIDB back in march 2010 and had it point blank refused after only receiving 10% on assesment. With this I appealed and finally went to tribunal in November 2010. I won my tribunal with an assment of 25%. The date on the decision notice was to be from 07/07/2009 up till 2012. I am in receipt of both income related and contributory ESA since august 2009 and im also awaiting tribunal for this benefit aswell. I am also in receipt of DLA at middle rate care and lower rate mobility.

I contacted IIDB today to find out when my backdated money would be paid and when my benefit would start and I have been told that ESA are reclaiming all of my backdated IIDB. Can they do this or should they pay me and then ESA reduce my payments?

I really needed that backdated money as christmas is on the way and they have really screwed me over in a big way. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many many thanks

:-x

Edited by phillyg
SPELLING ERRORS

i aplied for esa and also get industrial injuries

they told me they take it into account when paying esa and deduct it from what i would get

so i didnt bother claiming esa as result of industrial injuries deduction wouldnt of been woth it

this was recent aswell

Hi all,

I have just found this piece of information on department for social development and it states the following

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB)

IIDB is for employed people who become disabled due to an accident at work or

from a prescribed industrial disease.IIDB is not appropriate for the self-employed.The amount of benefit received

is determined by the degree of

disability.IIDB is non-taxable, non-contributory and not

means-tested.IIDBdoes not overlap ESA and so can be paid at the same time.

DOES THIS MEAN THEY SHOULD NOT TOUCH MY BACKDATED MONIES OWED????? AND THEY SHOULD PAY ME????

PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW

THANK YOU

Cheers amte I have also taken a look at the HM Treasury and it states on there that house holds on benefits will face a cap of £500.00 per week. But all these changes will not be put into force until 2013. My claim for IIDB runs out in 2012. So surely this would not affect my current claim.

Hi, I get industrial injuries benefit and they take it straight out of my esa. I went to the medicals and filled in the forms for nothing too, I was found 28% disabled.

It was the DWP who told me to claim it and said that it wouldn't be stopped out of my esa but it was.

I'm sorry for you especialy if you were relying on that money. I hope you sort something out.

Hi Philly,

So sorry to read of your problems.

Looks as if it's because part of your ESA is income based rather than fully contribution based, and because of this they are offsetting your back pay. However I would have thought that they could only offset against the means tested portion of your ESA, not the contribution based element. Have you calculated the exact amount of each for the period covered to check their figures?

Either way I'd go to the CAB if I were you and see if there's anything they can do to help.

Hope it gets sorted for you,

Kind regards

Elsa

Hi Elsa,

Thanks for your response. I have been taken to hell and back by these people first they refuse my esa so I have had to appeal and awaiting tribunal. This has been going on for well over a year now. Then I applied for DLA of which I had to appeal and then taken to tribunal of which I won middle rate care and lower rate mobility. Then I was told to apply for IIDB of which was refused and then I appealed and then got taken to tribunal. Yet again I won and was granted 25% instead of 10%. They are treating me like dirt and causing me so much stress. I have gone to MP'S and even taken my esa to ICE (independant case examiner). They should not be able to get away with this as it really does feel criminal. All I wanted was to win my IIDB so that I got what I was entitiled to. I never asked to be on income related esa as I had previously paid enough national insurance contributions. I just wanted to be able to give my children a good christmas especially as I have not been able to do alot else for them with my health problems. Not having a good time.

Philly,

Were you receiving any income related ESA for the same period that the backdated IIDB covers?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)