Aa home emergency response - have a laugh!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I just want to add on our own experience---efficient or not AA are, you can decide yourself.

Our boiler broke down about 2 weeks ago.

Made phone call to AA and the engineer came on the following day-

-did test and said some part needs change,which would only be delivered 3 days later. FINE.

Part arrived and changed, only found out the boiler stopped working one day later.

Another phone call followed by another part changed.

now it is 2 weeks since the first phone call,

we had 3 engineers came out for 7 times and 3 parts have been changed.

The boiler is still not working properly and we are waiting for another part to be delivered and changed.

On top of all these disturbances, the engineer managed to break the clips which keep the control panel to the mainbody during his first visit and used tape to tape it back on.

one day when we got back home after the sixth visit,

only found the control panel flipped open with all the parts and electrical wires behind exposed

--and the boiler wasn't working..

.rang the AA team to raise our concerns and was only told that it is perfectly safe to have the part taped back on….

2 weeks, 7 visits, 3 parts changed, we still have the same problem withour boiler.

Well not the same as the control panel is broken now…

having a 17month baby needs warmth and hot bath every day, it has been 2 very long weeks for us…

On the other hand, however, all these visits and parts are free, we were given 2 electrical blowers for free and the AA team we have spoken to was very friendly.

I haven’t made up my mind yet whether or not we should make a complaint after all those hustle we went through. At the moment I just wish they can fix our boiler!!!

They also offered to put in a new radiator for a cost of £85.00, no thanks I bought a new radiator for £29.00 +£ 22.00 fitting charge from a peputable company. like the windscreen chip repair companies on car parks state cost £35.00 but can be paid for by Insurance companies = renewal time reference is made to £99.00 windscreen chip repair?????????

No wonder Motor Indsurance premuims are up, and claims not dealt with by Insurers but farmed out to 3rd party claims handlers so extra cost to po0lkicy owner in the lonng run, companies sell then just keep the profit.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 3 years later...

Sorry to say, but my issue was somewhat a double whammy.

I took the emergency cover with SAGA home emergency.

When the time came for home emergency requirement, the drama began.

My daughters cistern was leaking.

The first 2 tradesmen came and cited that the toilet assembly is bedded down with silicon.

Tried to tell him its just a surrounding bead, but he insisted to get builder to do the job.

Then the free boiler service was not carried out.

11 months into the policy and numerous promises of fixed dates/times, no one turned up. Then after complaining, it transpired that SAGA was just using a third party to do the cover, which eventually turned out to be the AA.

Then after further protests, they send, without reason or warning an AA so called inspector.

Not only was the boiler service not done, but the inspector found a small leak in the cylinder pressure relief valve.

He said he will get someone out by next week.

Come next week, he calls and says you will have to pay.

When I tried to access my online policy documents, I was surprised to see the policy cancelled in its 11 months of a 12 month contract.

Biggest [problem] in operation.

AA = same type thing happened to me,

they come out then decide another visit to bring a part

then try charging you for out of time visit to fit the part which should of been done on 1st visit,

told them where to go with their over inflated estimate of £ 225 for a £35 job by local plumber,

anybody with the AA should be aware you are being led up the garden path on the obsolete cover they offer,

go elsewhere = satisfaction not with that part of the so called AA, SAGA well enough said.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: