• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

B & Q

breadline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i was a regular and happy visitor to B&Q for many years now i can not bare to go in a store,

As i have had such a bad time with the card supplier.

The first sign i knew something was wrong was when i was only given Store vouchers on a return, which of course is no good once your money is out of your card and the item you want is not in B & Q.

Not to mention that the store card has now got you owing more money.

I made many phone calls to the card supplier and was told this was not the correct procedure but B&Q have denied this.

Eventually i rang to pay all my account off, and i was put throughj to india and told they did not have access to my account so did not know the balance for me to pay it. ( yes i was livid)

Talk about putting obstacles in your way.

I flew out of the Uk early hours of the next morning.

I returned home to a late payment fee.

I have had Many unnecessary charges, that i will now be claiming for.

hope this rings bells with other users. We have to get these issues out there..

B&Q card is run by -who else- GE Money (use to be GE Capital). They also have, let me think, Toys'R'Us, Debenhams, House of Fraser, and hold about 50% of the store card market...

Well done for starting the process. As for the B&Q vouchers, if you have written to head office, with proof that your purchases were made using the card, but given back in vouchers, and they still deny any wrongdoings, it could be worth threatening them with Trading Standards.

You have 2 different issues here, make sure you keep them separate when dealing with them. GE is not responsible for B&Q's vouchers, and B&Q has nothign to do with card charges.

I had binned all correspondence as I was so releaved to be rid of the store card had instructed on full payment that they close my account.

Then low and behold ia month later get a statement through the post for 24p in credit.

i have written and demanded closure and i never get a responce, i think people have to roll over as untill now with forums like this, very few people relay knew thier rights.

This place is great :-)

jules

just another problem.

i had a pressure washer for 6 months and could not find the reciept. it was purchased on the card.

GE money advised my purchases can be viewed with in store and traced with no reciept.

However this is not possible due to Data protection act.

This brings even more strength to teh fact that GE Money and B&Q have no understanding of each other or the laws of lending.

My advise is stay well clear.

Many thanks

Jules

That's irrelevant.

The key is if you can prove it was bought at B&Q, B&Q have to deal with it. You don't NEED a receipt, it's only reasonable for the seller to get some confirmation that you bought the item there. In the case of a B&Q card, it would be hard for them to deny this.

They are giving you some serious bull here.

My advice is to ask for your copy statements off GE, then go to B&Q and say: there's your proof, now fix or replace my washer.

I know and bull in deed i did ask and i was told teh amounts are on teh statements but not the product and niether can get the info. GE cant match teh price to a code and b&Q cant use the statement to match the sale to a reciept.

i knwo i know, tahts why i actually got put through to the sales person who sold and deals with teh b&Q account and she admitted i was being bulled by B&Q.

They played off each other all the way. But they did state B & Q should not be giving vouchers if you can prove purchase, i then advised lol yes thats what i want from you!

im eager to knwo if anyone esle gets this to. i ended up with lots of things left over from a big house job, small individaul items, had vouchers for them all to teh amount of £80.00

I wanted a statement to highlighter them to prove purchases to help B&Q with time to refund, as no chance of having all the reciepts with the amount of work going on.

anyway used teh vouchers ion teh end , but its fustrating.

many thanks

jules

• 1 year later...

blackbess

Welcome to CAG and to the store card forum.

You have posted on a really old thread so may not get too many answers. Also this forum is really about refunds of unlawful charges. I think you need to have a new thread in a more appropriate forum - I will ask a mod to move this post.

• 2 years later...

POLICE CALLED TO B&Q GREENWICH.

I bought a lenth of work top and asked for it to be cut down to 96 inches. When I got it to the job. I found it was 94 inches. I thought maybe I had given the wrong measurement.There was no more in stock . I waited a week till B&Q had new stock the same guy cut my new work top to size. He did seem to be strugling with the tape measure even turning it it upside down! I thought well the guy is not from the uk and must be used to working in meteric. This time I had it written down to be certain. Back to the job and guess what? 94inches. I returned to the store . As I walked in A menber of staff in uniform was stocking the window with is uniform trousers below his backside displaying boxer shorts . Not nice. Anyway I asked the lad behind the counter if I could exchange my work tops. He called asuperviser who looked at me with cotempt and told me I had measured them wrong. I asked for the manager who had the same arrogant attitude saying I had measured them wrong, therfore he would not change them.I slambed three fingers on the desk. I said very loudly dont call me a liar change the top. He then told me He has 3, ooo customers shopping at the store every day and I should not speak to him that way. Well the jumped up liitle insignificant refused to deal with me and said I would be banned from the store. I said I was not going anywhere untill things got sorted out. As people were coming into the store I made them aware of my situation. One of the customers phoned her husband to get me the compaints dept phone number as the staff refused to give me that also. I rang the number for 45 mins but no answer. Eventualy the police arrived. They agreed with me and even made the gesture of shanking my hand saying. Well done for standing your ground. I left as there seemed no point in taking up the police officers time.They were there to prevent breach of the peace. The next day I phoned head office.

To be continued tomorrow .........

• 4 months later...

I bought a complete fencing kit from B&Q, only it ommitted many items. When I left poor feedback on their website it was not published and they now have cancelled my account: i cannot log in. If your curious look at B&Q feather edge fencing, especially their kits; funny there's no feedback from previous cusomers???

• 1 year later...

Just had B&Q install new kitchen - what a joke.

Sold dream kitchen in store, installers sub-contracted out and never overseen throughout project, failed to turn up on the start date, B&Q surveyor messed up the kitchen design, installers had to call in favours of fellow installers/sub-contractors to assist with completing install, not enough parts delivered, cleared rubbish before install finished in beginning of August and still waiting for new extractor filters this afternoon. Furthermore one of the installers damaged my newly installed carpets. Complained and got cost of carpets covered to refit, £125.00 compensation and out of pocket expenses for wasting my time, causing distress and not following design of kitchen - all in about £900.00 BUT have complained to Trading Standards anyway as the whole experience was shocking and they NEVER even bothered to check install only when I complained.

Any further advice on compensation as the cost of kitchen will be circa £6k

thanks all.

• 6 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks