Government consumer protection agencies to be abolished!!!! What the ,,,,,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just what is this Country coming to ?

The innocent need more help - not less.

If people can afford top notch legal representation - then so be it.

But the poor among us also deserve representation,,,, be that from Government bodies direct, or the finance to do so. Unfortunately the poorest among us are ripped off more & more because they can't get the help or backing to go up against the big boys.

And as for the plan to put everything under the umbrella of Citizen Advice is beyond a joke. It is totally unacceptable.

My only run in with them left me more confused than when I walked in. They took on my case against the Council / Housing Benefits etc, then dropped it like a hot potato.

They said that I wasn't helping myself by not supplying documents / evidence etc.

This was despite my faxing, emailing, posting and hand delivering reams & reams of papers to their office. They insisted that I hadn't given them anything ! Of course, I have fax and emails logs etc. As it is, I got the problem sorted without them - not a difficult case.

If I had to rely on those people, i'd give up.

What can we do to at least keep the agencies that we have ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Admin: If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Small donation sent.

This place is fine.

Donation received.

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Yes the experience I had from Citizens Advice was unsatisfactory too! I am sure though that European Union wont allow this situation to exist for long! Perhaps "which" will be able to come up with something and anyway Caggers I'm sure could be empowered somehow!! Exciting times these, its only a matter of time before organisations like the banks are brought to heel!! I personally think there are opportunities here for us all to bring in something much more efficient and effective for the general good of the public.

• 5 months later...

I asked the citezens advice for help when I was wrongfully accused of damage to the central reservation on a motorway.

All they sent me was a sheet of A4 paper with a paragraph about slander....

I successfully sorted out the problem out myself anyway, but come on....

I asked the citezens advice for help when I was wrongfully accused of damage to the central reservation on a motorway.

All they sent me was a sheet of A4 paper with a paragraph about slander....

I successfully sorted out the problem out myself anyway, but come on....

I dont understand this, if you were wrongly acused why wasnt it liable?